Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official *Coin Flip Even Though it's a 3 Way Tie* thread

Official *Coin Flip Even Though it's a 3 Way Tie* thread

I'm scared you guys

Oh ********, I forgot this was tomorrow.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I could not care less. If we end up 10, my thoughts on the future don't change all that much. I see no sense in stressing about the precursor to the important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I could not care less. If we end up 10, my thoughts on the future don't change all that much. I see no sense in stressing about the precursor to the important thing.
    I don't get this statement at all. This coin flip has crazy ramifications for our potential.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Im just expecting the worse to not get my hopes up

Also not super worried, I feel like this draft is top heavy but isn't amazing outside the top 5.

Therell be talent where we pick regardless if it's 8 or 10

Every slot matters - and on May 25th we dont care that much because we look at the vast number of prospects and lump them together. But on the actual night of the draft when we love 2 guys who are on the board at #7, trust me -- you will care a lot whether we are picking 8 or 10. Same goes for the value of the pick to other teams. Numerous teams were trying to trade up to 10, 11, and 12 last year to get Haliburton. Dallas offered 2 firsts and a high second to try to get up. At 13, nobody was offering anything to move up.

Is it the biggest thing ever? Of course not. But when your goal is to be the best out of 30, and you are in a small market, every single little thing matters. Can you overcome bad luck today? Of course. And if you jump up into the top 4, today doesnt matter any way. But there is an 80% chance that today does matter, at least a little bit
    @mcnamara247

Yes I would love to get that 8th slot. I mean I would really love it if we got in the top 4 and got Jalen Green as I think he would be the best fit besides Cade.

1. Cade Cunningham
    2. Jalen Suggs
    3. Jalen Green
    4. Evan Mobley
    5. Jonathan Kuminga
    6. Scottie Barnes
    7. Keon Johnson
    8. Moses Moody
    9/10. Jalen Johnson/James Bouknight/Corey Kispert/Ziaire Williams/Josh Christopher/Jaden Springer

After my top 8 I have no idea who I like for our team. I would take anyone of those guys, but may lean Kispert for his 3 point shooting. But some of those other guys offer more upside. So hopefully we land a top 8 pick and get one of those players I have listed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Yes I would love to get that 8th slot. I mean I would really love it if we got in the top 4 and got Jalen Green as I think he would be the best fit besides Cade.

1. Cade Cunningham
    2. Jalen Suggs
    3. Jalen Green
    4. Evan Mobley
    5. Jonathan Kuminga
    6. Scottie Barnes
    7. Keon Johnson
    8. Moses Moody
    9/10. Jalen Johnson/James Bouknight/Corey Kispert/Ziaire Williams/Josh Christopher/Jaden Springer

After my top 8 I have no idea who I like for our team. I would take anyone of those guys, but may lean Kispert for his 3 point shooting. But some of those other guys offer more upside. So hopefully we land a top 8 pick and get one of those players I have listed.
    You wont have to worry about who you like and who you dont. We arent keeping the pick. I firmly believe it is pointless to spend a ton of time this offseason learning about the top prospects. Only will lead to disappointment when it is traded.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You wont have to worry about who you like and who you dont. We arent keeping the pick. I firmly believe it is pointless to spend a ton of time this offseason learning about the top prospects. Only will lead to disappointment when it is traded.
    Agreed we aren’t keeping the pick, UNLESS, we land in the top 3.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I don't get this statement at all. This coin flip has crazy ramifications for our potential.
    I guess I’ve not given it any thought at all. We get 8. I’ll be like “Oh. Cool.” We get 9 I’ll be like “Oh. Cool.” And so forth. The die was cast when we didn’t secure 8 or better way before this. So I’m not going to stress about it regardless. Onward and maybe upward.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Agreed we aren’t keeping the pick, UNLESS, we land in the top 3.
    Top 4**

The Franchise
    Green will be a top 3 pick so essentially we would keep it. As for trading at 3 or 4, I don’t see why. I doubt we getting any big name player like Beal or Lavine, so keep it. Now 8-10, I’d understand. Sabonis, Collins, or Siakam might come into play depending what you want to give up. (Yes Collins is a restricted FA but think they would try a sign and trade like us and Lonzo)

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Top 4**
    I know the way the lotto works is that you can move into the top 4 but only think we keep the pick if we land top 3. If we get 4 I think we trade it, unless Cade, Mobley or Green falls to 4

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I guess I’ve not given it any thought at all. We get 8. I’ll be like “Oh. Cool.” We get 9 I’ll be like “Oh. Cool.” And so forth. The die was cast when we didn’t secure 8 or better way before this. So I’m not going to stress about it regardless. Onward and maybe upward.
    I wouldnt encourage anybody to STRESS about it either. But there are not two, and only two, feelings - Stress or Not Stress. They is a large amount of feeling about something in the middle. I would equate today to getting 12 road back to backs on a schedule vs 10 vs 8. It matters, but is it everything? No. Would I stress about 12 in a season we were trying to win a title? No. But I would prefer the 8. Again, every single little thing matters when you are trying to be the best of 30. it all adds up, but no you shouldnt get jacked for every small little victory, nor should you get stressed when the little things break your way

The Franchise
    Stop worrying. We’re getting into the top 3. I’m going to keep saying it until it happens, then say it with me “Jalen Green”

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I know the way the lotto works is that you can move into the top 4 but only think we keep the pick if we land top 3. If we get 4 I think we trade it, unless Cade, Mobley or Green falls to 4
    I think we would surely keep the pick for Suggs too. Suggs is in the same tier as the other three.

It would all depend on the caliber of the player on the table. If Brogdon or Siakam are the best guys being offered, I could see Griff grabbing someone and waiting. But if OKC falls down and also doesnt get Houston pick, and wants a top guy and is willing to part with SGA or Ainge falls in love with someone like he usually does and offers Jaylen or Beal wants out and says he will extend with the Pels, that pick is gone.

Basketball Guru
    on draft night pelicans will be picking 6th,,book it.....we will trade 6th ,,,bledsoe and whatever else to portland for c.j. mccollum......

starting lineup will be...

new point guard...dont know who.
    mccollum
    ingram
    zion
    adams

pelicans will be in the top 6 seeds for the playoff race.....trade deadline we trade adams,, i think.....starting line up will be

new point guard...dont know who
    mccollum
    ingram
    zion
    new center....dont know who....

now this is why im happy about the off season.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    on draft night pelicans will be picking 6th,,book it.....we will trade 6th ,,,bledsoe and whatever else to portland for c.j. mccollum......

starting lineup will be...

new point guard...dont know who.
    mccollum
    ingram
    zion
    adams

pelicans will be in the top 6 seeds for the playoff race.....trade deadline we trade adams,, i think.....starting line up will be

new point guard...dont know who
    mccollum
    ingram
    zion
    new center....dont know who....

now this is why im happy about the off season.....
    We can't actually get the 6th pick.

it's 1-4th and 8th-14th till the tie break is solidify

Blows my mind that long time Pels fans still dont understand how the lotto and tiebreakers, etc work. They should know this and the recovery time for every type of injury. You arent a true Pelicans fan if you dont understand both

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We can't actually get the 6th pick.

it's 1-4th and 8th-14th till the tie break is solidify
    thank you...i got that...i know it....appreciate the right tone in you trying to clarify it for me.....real talk...

Well that sucked.

We got the 10th pick.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Well that sucked.

We got the 10th pick.
    Are the lottery odds still split amongst 8-10?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Blows my mind that long time Pels fans still dont understand how the lotto and tiebreakers, etc work. They should know this and the recovery time for every type of injury. You arent a true Pelicans fan if you dont understand both
    dont try and kill my joy....where there is a will, there is a way....are you telling me there is no way possible that the pels can pick 6th come draft night?......

question is,,will the pels exercise the means to do it........let me have my dream no matter how off you think it is........

thats the problem,,im long time fan and suffered because im different from you and others...im the type of fan that would love if we made the 8th seed every year...i just want to go to a playoff game every season even if it mean we are the 8th seed every year.....im a different fan than some of yall....

Thread Information