Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Guy You Would Gamble On

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Kelly Olynyk !
    Rockets have his bird rights. It’s the only Rockets talk radio people here in Houston talk about “well, hey, at least we have Kelly Olynyk’s bird rights.” It’s odd, but hey, it’s Houston.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is Tyler Herro on his way out in with the Heat, because he has been MIA since last season.
    https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...1_127_34677473

Alec Burks would be a decent older guy that can come in and help with our young guards. But the Knicks would likely want to keep him around.

Avery Bradley may fit more of the kick the tires older vet, but he hasn?t been anywhere near his old self. But he could likely help our perimeter defense.

Danny Green could help our 3 point shooting.

I would like to bring in a decent vet guard & power forward for our young guys to learn from. I guess Eric Bledsoe & James Johnson fit that category, but one makes too much money and has to go. And the other wasn?t here all that long and I?m not sure is the guy I want Zion learning from.

I wanted to bring in Al Horford 2 years ago and now that looks like it would of been a bad move especially at the money he got. If. Kevin Love can be had at a really good price he would be ideal for Zion to learn somethings from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Kelly Olynyk !
    I have been "Olynyk-ing" since winning the lottery in 2019. Maybe this year?

I think Danny Green would be a good fit, but can't see him dropping down to "fringe playoff team" level. I'd assume there will be contenders interested in him.

That's what I was thinking.

Even the Nets fans know Kemba Walker is overrated

Ricky Rubio ?
    Maybe he will come alive in a new environment. He seems like one of those guys with an attitude that's annoying to play against but quite good to have on your team. One more year on his contract at $17 mil, maybe a Bledsoe swap.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    Ricky Rubio ?
    Maybe he will come alive in a new environment. He seems like one of those guys with an attitude that's annoying to play against but quite good to have on your team. One more year on his contract at $17 mil, maybe a Bledsoe swap.
    The Suns took a step forward with Rubio last year, only to close the deal with Paul this year. I wouldn't mind a year or two with Rubio at the controls waiting for Kira to make it or break it.

If the Clippers bomb out in the first round does Leonard count?

I wonder why the Clippers have not played Luke Kennard at all. All season long he was averaged double digit minutes (almost 20 minutes per) and shot 44% from three. If they are disenchanted with him, I'd love to work out a sign and trade for JHart and sit Kennard in the corner to knock down the skinny three. He is a lifetime 40%+ flamethrower, and an 86% free throw shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You look at some of the surprise teams this year and last and a big reason they overachieved is because they took a gamble on a non sure thing. A guy the league thought was washed or not worth his contract or a guy who underperformed based on draft expectations, etc. CP3 was massively overpaid - that was the narrative in Houston, and since then he has helped 2 franchises vastly outperform expectations. Julius Randle and Derrick Rose are catalysts for the Knicks. Blake gave Brooklyn great minutes. Clarkson was thought of as a chucker and Utah leaned into that and made him a 6th man. Denver gambled on a kid in the draft who was a #1 HS prospect but had potential chronic injury concerns. On and on.

At some point, we will have to gamble on a guy who is undervalued relative to his ceiling, and hope he pays off. Looking at the landscape this offseason, who could be that guy for you? To give an example of how 'Buy Low' I am talking -- mine would be Kevin Love. I think the days of him being a major piece on a contender is over. And that is why I dont think contenders trade for him. His attitude will prevent rebuilding teams from bringing him in. But I truly believe that if he gets re-engaged and put in the right role, he could win 6th Man of the Year and average something absurd like 26/14 per 36. The key would be staying healthy and playing 65+ games a year. But what was the point of getting Aaron Nelson if he cant do what he did for Grant Hill in Phoenix? Love is my guy. Adams and Bledsoe for Love would be fine by me. Adams, Bledsoe, Iwundu, and multiple good 2nds for Love and Nance would be better.

Who would you gamble on?
    I no particular order:

As free agents:

Reggie Jackson
    Jeff Teague
    Evan Fournier
    Reggie Bullock
    Otto Porter
    Glen Robinson III

Trade:

Delon Wright, Harrison Barnes and filler for Adams, Bledsoe and 2021 2nd round picks 34,38 and 43.

They aren't going to pay Holmes the 20M he wants in FA so Adams fits a need for them and the picks are for taking Bled.

We don't have 38 anymore, Chicago swap with us. We get bloody 40

https://tradenba.com/trades/ncHIRlOHr

Not sure if Minny would do this without a FRP but.... Resign Lonzo, probably let go of Hart or S&T for a decent stretch 4 or 5. Draft whoever then rock out with this team.

PG: Kemba Walker, Kira
    SG: Lonzo, NAW, Didi
    SF: Ingram, Marshall, Draft pick
    PF: Zion, FA player or player from S&T
    C: Hayes, Hernangomez, Draft pick or FA

Anyone say Hardaway Jr yet? He’s a free agent I think

That Payne guy from PHX had himself a hell of a night when CP3 went down. He is a FA too this summer. Just putting it out there

There are a lot of FAs this summer. Several guys who might get traded too. I was specifically looking for guys who are at the lowest point (or close) of their league wide value. Guys like Hardaway and Payne might be at their all time high. But we can talk about them too, I suppose
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The Suns took a step forward with Rubio last year, only to close the deal with Paul this year. I wouldn't mind a year or two with Rubio at the controls waiting for Kira to make it or break it.
    Rubio? Ugh. Looking at his numbers he phoned it in worse than Eric Bledsoe.

Frank Nlikina (spelling) is a guy who's been dumpster Ed by the NBA but was touted as a really long, defensive guard. I'd take him cheap and work him into a point-Zion lineup and give Vincent some time to get his shot working better. Just a thought.

reggie jackson and nichnolas batun both shot well this season and are FA. I'd like em

Ben Simmons close to being Lebron James ? “One jump shot away” Stephen A Smith.

Agree? Should we go this route?

I?m guessing that is a no on Ben Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    Whatever it takes to acquire C.J. McCullum........ WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL

Let?s get another version of Eric Bledsoe

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Pretty safe to say CJ McCollum would be a low buy at this stage, no?

Thread Information