Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    ^^^See my post above.

All this emotional ranting doesn't address my factual point. JJJ is another of Memphis young guys that can't get his starting job back even though he's now healthy. Why? One of their veterans took it.
    Not to disagree too hard with your point but JJJ literally started this game.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not to disagree too hard with your point but JJJ literally started this game.
    Oh well I didn't catch the beginning. He didn't start the 2nd half nor did he finish the game. They had Grayson Allen out there.
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-23-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Oh well I didn't catch the beginning. He didn't start the 2nd half nor did he finish the game. They had Grayson Allen out there.
    Yeah he was in foul trouble and his shot wasn't falling at all. They went away from him as the game went on for those reasons. Not a great game for him overall, even though the D was okay

Utah got to cute Mitchell should have played, they got up early and thought it was going to be easy and stopped playing defense

Of the 16 teams that played this weekend, 11 of them failed to score 110 points. Yes, Alice, SVG is right; Defense matters.

I used to like Mike Conley. Not only was he getting his butt tore up by Ja late. He kept jacking 3s. And missed them all.

Gobert fouling out and Favors inability to get more than 2 inches off the ground didnt help.

Dezzy Bane, people, doing Desmond Bane things
    Big balls Bane

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    AD got his title and his hundreds of millions.

He's checked out. Good for our 2024 Laker pick which can be deferred to 2025

The 2023 swap might even be useful
    Last edited by AusPel; 05-24-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Ohhh an unhappy camper. If he is not happy there Griff needs to open the war chest

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Ohhh an unhappy camper. If he is not happy there Griff needs to open the war chest

Would you include BI in the trade?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    No brainer in this situation. YES

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I would and I love BI but Mitchell is a better fit with Zion.

For those who keep saying the Suns rebuild took 5-10 years.... https://www.si.com/nba/2021/05/24/da...nes-chris-paul

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    For those who keep saying the Suns rebuild took 5-10 years.... https://www.si.com/nba/2021/05/24/da...nes-chris-paul
    Those few posters tried saying Memphis was not youngest team in NBA either. TNT, Reggie Miller, Shaq had my back.

On that note this is an excellent read.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-24-2021 at 03:00 PM.

I'm hyped for Bucks vs. Nets.

Jrue has 15 assists through three quarters. Man's on a mission!!

Miami really turned down a James Harden trade over Herro... Lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Jrue has 15 assists through three quarters. Man's on a mission!!

Dame is hilariously good on offense but the Blazers in general are hilariously bad on defense, it's a weird dichotomy. They're the only team in the league that basically just asks one dude to make up for the fact that the other team will annihilate them.

''Yeah they are definitely gonna score 120, Dame please have 40 to keep us roughly in the game'' every single night

Also an example of why it's such a shame for the Nuggets that they're missing Murray. He'd have 30 a game against this Blazers defense. Imagining Lillard or McCollum trying to defend him. Ouch.

Also an example of why it's such a shame for the Nuggets that they're missing Murray. He'd have 30 a game against this Blazers defense. Imagining Lillard or McCollum trying to defend him. Ouch.
    That's why I'm not a fan of trading for McCollum

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    That's why I'm not a fan of trading for McCollum
    Yep, for all they're talented offensively, both of the Blazers guards are all-league worst level defenders. Both of them just absolute trash, bottom of the barrel.

This season:

D-EPM:
    Dame: -0.9 (33rd percentile, 335th in the league)
    CJ: -1.0 (31st percentile, 349th in the league)

D-BPM
    Dame: -1.6 (164th out of 179 minutes qualified players)
    CJ: -1.5 (158th out of 179 qualified players)

D- LEBRON
    Dame: -1.73 (128th out of 137 players with at least 1500 minutes)
    CJ: -0.83 (102nd out of 137 players)

Just for comparison, Zion (who rightfully got shtick for his defense this year, particularly at the start of the season before it began improving) finished the season with

D-EPM: +0.6 (76th percentile, 118th in the league)
    D-BPM: -0.4 (99th out of 179 qualified players)
    D-LEBRON: -0.11 (71st out of 137 with at least 1500 minutes)

So obviously not great, these metrics have him as a slight negative for the most part, but by these metrics vastly better than both Dame and CJ, yet for him it's all some people could talk about whereas all you hear about Dame is him being a dog and an alpha and a true leader and a top 12 player and so on, so forth. For some reason, him being garbage on defense just doesn't stick.

Brooklyn crowd screaming “OVERRATED” at Kemba Walker as he was at the line.

Joe Harris is raising Corey Kisperts draft stock. Game by game.

Thread Information