Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Now Shaq just say it . Youngest team in nba memphis

This would be a good drinking game. Every time you hear Memphis is a young team. Drink

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Eric Bledsoe, Steven Adams never been to playoffs?
    Now you know darn well Bledsoe checked out of this season as soon as he was traded from Milwaukee. Dude is a cancer that poisoned this young locker room despite how much Josh Hart supported him.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 05-23-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Lots of things kind of falling off right now for both teams.

Memphis' pick and roll game has been shaky for a while, they're generally losing that battle, but Utah are having even more problems. Clarkson has been abominable, and the Jazz have been getting a super tough whistle.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Now you know darn well Bledsoe checked out of this season as soon as he was traded from Milwaukee. Dude is a cancer that poisoned this young locker room despite how much Josh Hart supported him.
    Griffin should have known that. Not a good idea to trade for Lebron ‘ s friends . Hopefully he learned a lesson. Let’s see if he can clean this mess up

Derrick Favors missing free throws again

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You can try hard and still execute poorly. That doesn't make you lazy. You dont come back and win a game after being down by 24 if you're just lazy.

ALL these playoff teams have legit vets to lean on. Including Memphis. The Pelicans...do not.
    Man I don't want to hear all that anymore. Tired of all these delusional excuses we been making as fans. The character of this team just blows. There are a few guys on our team that seems to want to rip the hearts out of the team, we need a ton more character. Too much "cute and passive " dudes on this team. It's a reason why Griff is looking for IQ and toughness, but this is also on him for bringing in choir boys on this team to start a "family". I can't relate man. Look at what the Saints are doing. All of their top guys (including Brees) were killers.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Dezzy Bane, people, doing Desmond Bane things

My God I love Memphis swagger. FEARLESS

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Dezzy Bane, people, doing Desmond Bane things
    Desmond "TCU-Rex " Bane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Desmond "TCU-Rex " Bane!!!
    I remember last year when people were adamant to me that Nesmith was the best shooter in the draft. They fought hard for that.

Obviously only one year in, so we can't declare careers over yet, but so far my Bane > Nesmith take is aging well.

Bane this year: 117/271 from 3 (43.2% on 4.0 a game)
    Nesmith this year: 40/108 from 3 (37% on 2.3 per game)

God I want the Grizz to beat Utah in the first round

Gobert with 5 fouls.

Memphis reaping dividends from their contentious draft strategy of ''acquiring players who are good at basketball''.

I remember last year when people were adamant to me that Nesmith was the best shooter in the draft. They fought hard for that.

Obviously only one year in, so we can't declare careers over yet, but so far my Bane > Nesmith take is aging well.

Bane this year: 117/271 from 3 (43.2% on 4.0 a game)
    Nesmith this year: 40/108 from 3 (37% on 2.3 per game)
    You love to see it man.

God I want the Grizz to beat Utah in the first round
    I may secretly become a Grizz fan if they do lol

Gobert fouled out. That should be it for Utah tonight. I do think they win this series if Mitchell plays if not they are in trouble.

Memphis reaping dividends from their contentious draft strategy of ''acquiring players who are good at basketball''.
    LMAO. This is what happened when strictly draft on "potential". Alot of your first round picks go to a second team who benefits. Also players with high potential mostly get told how great they are, this is why it's essential to draft "grinders" who have character, toughness, and will to fight.

Any players in this draft class that who you see with this?

Well looks like Utah does have life left tonight

Favors!

LMAO. This is what happened when strictly draft on "potential". Alot of your first round picks go to a second team who benefits. Also players with high potential mostly get told how great they are, this is why it's essential to draft "grinders" who have character, toughness, and will to fight.

Any players in this draft class that who you see with this?
    I think it's why I'm not nearly as high on Kuminga as other people, as one example, and why I tend to like Franz Wagner more than a few other people. I just think someone like Franz has a skillset that, while he will improve as he works on other things, will allow him to play NBA minutes without just being terrible quite quickly; stuff like team defense and high on-court awareness does that.

Don't get me wrong, I am very much in favour of drafting for potential and upside if there's someone there you think could really be special. I was in favour of drafting Jax over Bitadze for example, even though Bitadze had shown more pre-NBA, because I think Jax has very special upside.

But if you have to pick between two players and one is good at basketball already with some room to grow and the other would have to have several miracles happen in order to produce impact, why draft the second? Draft Bane, draft Tillman, draft Malachi Flynn, it'll do your team some good.

This year, I think Jared Butler is going to be one of those ''how did he fall so far, he's just good'' fallers. Probably the best handle in the draft, has shown real growth as a shooter, okay enough team defender to not be detrimental. Wouldn't take him in the lottery but he could easily be top 20, and he's probably going to go 35th or something.

I think it's why I'm not nearly as high on Kuminga as other people, as one example, and why I tend to like Franz Wagner more than a few other people. I just think someone like Franz has a skillset that, while he will improve as he works on other things, will allow him to play NBA minutes without just being terrible quite quickly; stuff like team defense and high on-court awareness does that.

Don't get me wrong, I am very much in favour of drafting for potential and upside if there's someone there you think could really be special. I was in favour of drafting Jax over Bitadze for example, even though Bitadze had shown more pre-NBA, because I think Jax has very special upside.

But if you have to pick between two players and one is good at basketball already with some room to grow and the other would have to have several miracles happen in order to produce impact, why draft the second? Draft Bane, draft Tillman, draft Malachi Flynn, it'll do your team some good.

This year, I think Jared Butler is going to be one of those ''how did he fall so far, he's just good'' fallers. Probably the best handle in the draft, has shown real growth as a shooter, okay enough team defender to not be detrimental. Wouldn't take him in the lottery but he could easily be top 20, and he's probably going to go 35th or something.
    It would be insane if Jared Butler falls outside of the 1st round man hope we grab him.

Oh also, Jaden Springer seems to have fallen waaay too far on most public mock drafts. I saw one the other day that had him 29th. He's a top ten prospect imo, if he goes in the late 20s someone is going to have a ridiculous steal on their hands. Has room to grow and is already just very competent.

Nice smart play from the Memphis VETERAN Kyle Anderson with the foul there.

Meanwhile a Pelicans veteran was told to foul and still doesn't do it.

Man I don't want to hear all that anymore. Tired of all these delusional excuses we been making as fans. The character of this team just blows. There are a few guys on our team that seems to want to rip the hearts out of the team, we need a ton more character. Too much "cute and passive " dudes on this team. It's a reason why Griff is looking for IQ and toughness, but this is also on him for bringing in choir boys on this team to start a "family". I can't relate man. Look at what the Saints are doing. All of their top guys (including Brees) were killers.
    ^^^See my post above.

All this emotional ranting doesn't address my factual point. JJJ is another of Memphis young guys that can't get his starting job back even though he's now healthy. Why? One of their veterans took it.

The Pelicans have nothing on their roster that equate to Kyle Anderson and Jonas. Even Dillon Brooks, only in his 4th year, is 25 years old. Older than most players on the Pelicans entire roster.

It is what it is.

Thread Information