Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Andre Drummond has the processing speed of a particularly lackadaisical turtle
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Booker's first playoff game tonight.

6 years into his career.

Sometimes it takes some time.
    Yeah I know. It's just watching these guys have these big moments and I'm so ready for Zion and BI to finally get their time to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    Yeah I know. It's just watching these guys have these big moments and I'm so ready for Zion and BI to finally get their time to shine.
    You got people on this forum that want to trade Ingram FYI

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You got people on this forum that want to trade Ingram FYI
    I don't think anyone on the forum ''wants'' to trade BI, they just think that's he's not absolutely untouchable and that in a trade for a real star he might be moved.

Vastly different things.

Also there are going to be suspensions for Game 2.

I'm guessing CP3 and Ayton will be suspended for the Suns - Ayton stepped on court, after all - and, to feign objectivity, maybe Harrell too.

Chris Paul is not right after injury

Good win for Monty . Transforming this team in just 2 years.

Chris Paul is not right after injury
    Absolutely.

Luckily for the Suns, Ayton has decided tonight would be a good night to make AD look like an idiot, so they're managing to maintain the lead.

If CP3's injury really plagues him though, that could be the competitiveness of this series out of the window.

Good win for Monty . Transforming this team in just 2 years.
    Biggest fail of the Demps era was letting him go after a playoff birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Biggest fail of the Demps era was letting him go after a playoff birth.
    Demps was also the one who found and hired Monty for his first head coaching job.

Monty also admitted that he had to change some of his stubborn views and adapt. Which is why CP signed with them after that conversation. I have actual unhidden sources for that info...
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-23-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Was nice to see the Suns swarming TEAM defense not allow Lebron to just violate them play after play. Unlike another team we know.

Hopefully this team gets there soon.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Demps was also the one who found and hired Monty for his first head coaching job.

Monty also admitted that he had to change some of his stubborn views and adapt. Which is why CP signed with them after that conversation. I have actual unhidden sources for that info...

dude i can slap the taste outta your mouth right now lol.....i read your comment from the beginning and was all into it until i got to the end and realized what you did lol....this gave me my comedy for today...

The Garden is unreal right now. Packed arenas are back. Deafening noise. Can you imagine the Blender right now if we actually were not a 7 year rebuild and in playoffs? You think Zion is noticing this right now too?

How do you think Zion feels right now RJ Barrett is playing in a packed loud playoff game at MSG righ now?

On that note Randle has been non existent for NY so far. Let’s see if he wakes up in 2nd half

Basketball Guru
    The Garden is unreal right now. Packed arenas are back. Deafening noise. Can you imagine the Blender right now if we actually were not a 7 year rebuild and in playoffs? You think Zion is noticing this right now too?
    dude , we need to ship you to the garden....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    dude , we need to ship you to the garden....
    Buy my ticket and transportation and I will gladly attend a game there.

Randle has awoken

So happy for Trae dude is a beast.

Looking at the Suns after 10 years of rebuilding and the Knicks after 8

''Wow these sure were some quick 2 year rebuilds!''

Nate McMillian did not meet Griff’s coaching criteria. Young was a beast tonight.

An interesting thing that showed up in this Knicks/Hawks game is how anodyne the Knicks offense is. It was a problem for them all year - they were kept going by a really great defense, but their offense was bottom 10 the entire season - and now in the playoffs it will be interesting to see how they put up points on a consistent basis. Obviously Randle won't shoot 6/24 every night, but neither will Alec Burks shoot 9/13; they're going to need to try and find some consistency.

The ability of a team to generate high value looks consistently really seems to be one of the core playoff values; if you just can't do it, you're likely not going anywhere fast.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

It our coach is arbitrarily bad. Because guys who only care about their stats and paycheck aren’t playing hard or giving a damn about defense.

That dude is not even a good troll lol, I wish this board had a ignore button.

I'm happy for the Hawks and Young they sucked his first 2 years and people where hard on him because he was traded for Luka but dude is a beast in his own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It our coach is arbitrarily bad. Because guys who only care about their stats and paycheck aren’t playing hard or giving a damn about defense.
    Oh I know, I just think it's silly to watch a team 10 years into a rebuild making its playoff debut (Devin Booker's first playoff trip, 6 years in, for example) and praise the quick turnaround on the rebuild.

The rebuild in Phoenix didn't start when Monty arrived. Both Ayton and Booker, for example, had both already been drafted and been working there as part of that core rebuild before Monty got hired. He, and the acquisition of CP3, were not the start of rebuild; rather, they were the finishing touches.

Assuming a rebuild starts at the end is a very convenient way of trying to make it look quick, but unfortunately it just doesn't match reality.

Thread Information