Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Mad a good bit of change on the Suns
    The way so many people in the media just totally dismissed the Suns was weird as hell to me. Like yes, if AD and Lebron were 100% healthy I can see an argument for the Lakers being the favourite in that series but we knew going in that AD and Lebron were dinged up, and the Suns were legitimately good.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The way so many people in the media just totally dismissed the Suns was weird as hell to me. Like yes, if AD and Lebron were 100% healthy I can see an argument for the Lakers being the favourite in that series but we knew going in that AD and Lebron were dinged up, and the Suns were legitimately good.
    The disrespect was real from Vegas. I don't understand that or Nets vs. Celtics lines.

Leonard on fire tonight

Step back 3s not even really a Kawhi thing, but he made it his thing to shut the door on Dallas this game.

45 points ties his career high. Regular season and playoffs.

Battle of "Which Pandemic P gonna sabotage their Team" has been a Rollercoaster.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I was reading an LA Times article on the Lakers playoff debacle, and I thought I'd share the AD money quote: "“I don’t have to prove nothing to anyone,” Davis said. “I know what I go through, what I play through, and I don’t need to prove anything to anyone and I’m not going to prove anything to anyone.” And the dude wonders why he gets so few endorsements, etc. He is such a dud of a personality, and completely incapable of thoughtful introspection. Compare that to Zion, and I am thankful for the way things played out 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I was reading an LA Times article on the Lakers playoff debacle, and I thought I'd share the AD money quote: "“I don’t have to prove nothing to anyone,” Davis said. “I know what I go through, what I play through, and I don’t need to prove anything to anyone and I’m not going to prove anything to anyone.” And the dude wonders why he gets so few endorsements, etc. He is such a dud of a personality, and completely incapable of thoughtful introspection. Compare that to Zion, and I am thankful for the way things played out 2 years ago.

Guess the next question would you take him back if Lakers want o kick him to curb in 2 /3 years?

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    That ship has sailed

Wanted to say this earlier regarding the Knicks. But that series also magnified another major whiff. Imagine the impact Tyrese Haliburton could have had for them instead of Obi Toppin. He's exactly what they are missing and many thought that's who they'd take.

Oooff

Looking forward to this Bucks Nets series so much. I honestly think either could win.

At the end of the day, thinking about it with just cold logic, I feel like the Nets are the favourite. Simply because of the firepower: there's a universe, on paper at least, where the Bucks have a hot offensive series (based on holes in the Nets D) but still can't slow down KD/Harden/Kyrie enough for it to matter.

On the other hand, while I do think this is less likely, there's also a chance that the Bucks defense is just so much better than the Nets' defense that the impact overall will till Bucks and Milwaukee can take the series in 7.

It's either Nets in 6 or Bucks in 7, is my initial thought. Hoping hard for the Bucks to win because Jrue Holiday.

But I don't trust Bud.

Looking forward to this Bucks Nets series so much. I honestly think either could win.

At the end of the day, thinking about it with just cold logic, I feel like the Nets are the favourite. Simply because of the firepower: there's a universe, on paper at least, where the Bucks have a hot offensive series (based on holes in the Nets D) but still can't slow down KD/Harden/Kyrie enough for it to matter.

On the other hand, while I do think this is less likely, there's also a chance that the Bucks defense is just so much better than the Nets' defense that the impact overall will till Bucks and Milwaukee can take the series in 7.

It's either Nets in 6 or Bucks in 7, is my initial thought. Hoping hard for the Bucks to win because Jrue Holiday.

But I don't trust Bud.

I think I'm gonna take Nets - 2 1H and ride it out from there. May take the Bucks +4.

Bucks really match up nicely to the Nets. It's all how Jrue running mate lock down the opposite threat. Jrue can't guard Irving and Harden. I honestly like to see Holiday stay on Irving and take my lumps with Harden.

My thing is that Nets team is deep with scorers.

Harden already off to the locker room.

His health has been wildly variable for the Nets this year. If he misses significant time in this series then the Bucks become a big favourite.

The fact that the Bucks have been able to go pretty much toe-to-toe with the Nets despite Kyrie and Durant starting off with 13 points on 5/8 shooting (pretty solid) and Jrue/Middleton starting off with 5pts on 2/10 shooting (not good at all) shows how vital Harden can be for them at times.

Obviously at some point Jrue and Middleton will need to start hitting some shots for that to be sustained, but it's proof that they can survive momentary droughts when the Nets don't have all 3 guys on the floor.

Nets need Harden back to stay favourites.

If Harden doesn't come back, it's Bucks in 6.

Sound the alarm on the Nets

Well... Looks like I'm breaking even... Lame. Injury suck. Hopefully, Nets can hold on to finish the half.

If Harden doesn't come back, it's Bucks in 6.
    I wouldn't say that. Maybe Bucks in 7 confidently tho

I wouldn't say that. Maybe Bucks in 7 confidently tho
    I think whether it's 6 or 7 depends on Budenholzer.

He has historically had a real nasty habit for putting hard caps on minutes for players in playoff series. Last year was dreadful for it, and it's a big part of the reason the Bucks didn't make the finals.

It's rearing its head already tonight as well. Bucks down, Middleton non-existent, Giannis is on pace for 32 minutes tonight. What?

Budenholzer is also a master of random, weird lineups that make no sense.

The Bucks starters have not played a single minute with all 5 of them on the floor in the 2nd quarter. Bud ran a lineup earlier with Bryn Forbes, Jeff Teague, and Bobby Portis all on the floor together. Giannis was the only starter, iirc.

That makes zero sense. The whole point of having 3 all-star calibre players is so that you can have 2 of them on the floor basically all the time.

Budenholzer is also a master of random, weird lineups that make no sense.

The Bucks starters have not played a single minute with all 5 of them on the floor in the 2nd quarter. Bud ran a lineup earlier with Bryn Forbes, Jeff Teague, and Bobby Portis all on the floor together. Giannis was the only starter, iirc.

That makes zero sense. The whole point of having 3 all-star calibre players is so that you can have 2 of them on the floor basically all the time.
    Yeah... this is why I took Nets 1st half. Bud 2nd QTR rotation are suspects, but he gives starts some heavy minutes in the 2nd half. If he goes full Playoff Bud... He shouldn't be allowed to finish this series with a job.

Yeah... this is why I took Nets 1st half. Bud 2nd QTR rotation are suspects, but he gives starts some heavy minutes in the 2nd half. If he goes full Playoff Bud... He shouldn't be allowed to finish this series with a job.
    Completely agree.

It's fine if the Bucks lose. Well, it's not fine, but you know what I mean: the Nets are a good team even without Harden and anything can happen in a 7 game series. But if they lose because Bud refuses to let Giannis play 42 minutes in a close game 7 or something, that should be Bud fired.

Man... Blake Griffin is such a weird story.

Nets are literally the Super Team of Super Teams... Every time they are about to peak. They get hit with another injury.

Thread Information