Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Trade all our picks Bledsoe, Adams for Booker
    I’d literally give up a right arm for Booker.

Not mine. But I’d get one.

Holy ******** can you imagine if we had Booker on our team?

Mikal Bridges is what the Pelicans need.

I do want to point out though remember when Booker was an empty stats loser? Keep the faith.

On the one hand, it's clear that Lebron just doesn't have it this year. Part of that is due to age (which is probably aggravated within a shortened season like this one) sure, and part of it is due to the ankle injury (he's clearly not looked right physically at times) but it's also just sad to say that he's coming to the end of that time where he's the best player in the league. It may already be over.

Kinda weird to think about, given that he's been that guy for over a decade now, but it had to end somewhere. Maybe I'm being premature here and it really is just the injury and he comes back next year looking revitalised but there have been small signs of decline for a good 18 months now.

On the other hand, it doesn't help that his team mates are 7/26 from the floor outside of KCP and the entire team outside of him is 3/12 from 3. Does not help him at all.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-03-2021 at 11:14 PM.
    Basketball.

Charles Barkley just called out the Lakers medical staff

Classic Monty 3rd qtr

Lebron's first ever first round loss comes 18 years and 4 rings into his career

The Suns survived the CP3 injury, at least partially because the Lakers were even more hurt: Lebron visibly hobbled and AD completely removed from huge parts of the series.

Will CP3 have the chance to recover a bit as the Suns move forward? Booker and Ayton have been huge but I think they need CP3 to be at least serviceable as a scorer to be a real contender. He does look a touch better now than he did a few games ago, which is a positive.

I think the Suns are 3rd in my ''I hope they win'' rankings.

- Bucks are first (desperately want Jrue to win a ring)
    - Nuggets are second (Jokic is one of my favourite players to watch and I think the narrative of him doing it after a full season of people trying to push other guys as MVP, without Murray, would be huge)
    - Suns 3rd (get CP3 that ring, goddamit it)

To quote a former Pelican Icon.....

"Th-Th-That's All Folks!!!"

Taker a big winner?

Yeah, MJ's like

''Lebron lost in the first round? Pshh! I did that three times! And got swept!''

Jokic in the last 3 seasons despite constant conversation about how out of shape he is:

- 72 games played out of 72 games
    - 73 games played out of 73 games
    - 80 games played out of 82 games

No playoff games missed.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-04-2021 at 12:37 AM.

******** the Lakers...This made my night,week,month

Thank you Suns. Had yalls back as soon as you signed CP3. Didn't disappoint.

Going to be a great series with Denver. I got Phoenix again.

Thinking about that Nuggets/Suns matchup.

It will be interesting. Ayton has made strides defensively this year but a lot of that is in drop, and while drop isn't inherently bad or anything it is vulnerable to someone like Jokic who can shoot and is willing to orchestrate an entire offense from outside of the paint as a 7 footer.

Meanwhile, who can the Nuggets really put on the Suns guards? Facu has been a far better defender than a lot of people suspected he might be, but his entire thing is getting into ballhandlers and playing from underneath on them and forcing them into dribbling errors and CP3 just ... uh... doesn't do that. If CP3 is healthy, or at least 90%, it's hard to see what the Nuggets have for him and Booker.

Didn't even think about this, but it's true and also very cool.

Nobody left in the playoffs has won a ring in the last decade, and only one team left in the playoffs has won a ring in the last 35 years.

More than half of the remaining teams in the post-season have never won a ring ever, including several of the favourites such as the Nets.

I'm not saying it might be time for Portland to blow it up

But it might be time for Portland to blow it up

4 first round losses in the last 5 years, team's totally capped out ($131m on the books going into next year, $90m on the books still the year after that, will be more if Nurkic comes back), Dame's guaranteed another $190m over the next 4 seasons, and they don't have a draft pick this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    ******** the Lakers...This made my night,week,month
    I have the same feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I'm not saying it might be time for Portland to blow it up

But it might be time for Portland to blow it up

4 first round losses in the last 5 years, team's totally capped out ($131m on the books going into next year, $90m on the books still the year after that, will be more if Nurkic comes back), Dame's guaranteed another $190m over the next 4 seasons, and they don't have a draft pick this year.
    That’s the bad thing about being too good too early. They are a regular season team that never acquired the depth to actually challenge somebody in the postseason. Two top scorers can only get you so far. I fell sorry for Lillard and the Blazers because they have tried to do it the “right” way, but this is the danger you face when you can’t acquire talent. Mediocrity

Memo to Zion

This is what happens to you when you rush an injury recovery.

Signed,

Anthony Davis

Pretty funny media wondering if Davis is damaged goods. They just learning this

Taker a big winner?

Mad a good bit of change on the Suns

Thread Information