Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I just dont understand why the Knicks are allowing Trae Young to take the day off on defense. They refuse to seek him and attack him.

This is criminal negligence at game 5 in this series. Not a single adjustment.
    They have no guards capable of taking someone off the dribble other than Rose, and the offense with Rose on the floor has been a disaster (Rose has a -14.2 on/off through this series so far).

You might argue that they should just let RJ get a switch on to Trae or something then, but the Hawks have been generally pretty good at hiding him through the series.

You're absolutely right those, total lack of adjustment overall.
    Basketball.

''No tagging, only vibes'' - Westbrook

Tom ''No, I will not make timely substitutions'' Thibodeau

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They have no guards capable of taking someone off the dribble other than Rose, and the offense with Rose on the floor has been a disaster (Rose has a -14.2 on/off through this series so far).

You might argue that they should just let RJ get a switch on to Trae or something then, but the Hawks have been generally pretty good at hiding him through the series.

You're absolutely right those, total lack of adjustment overall.
    Keep running actions on that side of the floor and make them have to hide him repeatedly. Or put Bullock on the move.

Be creative. Do something other than scoring 62 points through 3 quarters.

Doesn't help that Randle has had a really rough series. What we're seeing there is, among other things, what happens when you go into a playoff series with your Number One Guy being actually a Number Three or Four guy.

8 turnovers to 1 assist tonight, 3 fouls, and his averages on the series overall coming into tonight are rough.

18/11/4 on 27% from the floor, 33% from 3.

-26 Net Rating
    40.3% TS
    -3.5 BPM
    -0.1 VORP
    -0.10 ws/48
    -19.2 on/off

Not a good handful of games for him

Tom ''No, I will not make timely substitutions'' Thibodeau
    Or Nate’s defense did not meet Griff qualifications

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Or Nate’s defense did not meet Griff qualifications
    ....or, Nate notwithstanding, Pelican's two studs can't play a lick of defense. You might be able to hide one front court guy, but two? Then, when we insert "Flash or Crash"? OMG!!!

For what it's worth; I don't care for SVG at all.

It’s amazing how some fans and “members of the media” gave Gentry a longer leash in his first 2-3 seasons but have put SVG on the hot seat after year 1. Make it make sense.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 06-03-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    It’s amazing how some fans and “members of the media” gave Gentry a longer leash in his first 2-3 seasons but have put SVG on the hot seat after year 1. Make it make sense.
    The leash on Lue could be unleashed his first year if Clippers lose next game.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Speaking of hot seat

https://fansided.com/2021/05/04/indi...t-seat-rumors/

Super hyped for the Bucks/Nets series. There's a ton of little things going on in that that will be interesting.

On paper, Giannis is one of the better Durant defenders in the league and has had a few successful matchups with him, but then Durant is just Durant as a scorer and even good defense on him is sometimes useless.

Kyrie has a history of struggling a little with early traps when he's on ball, and Jrue is one of the best trap artists in the NBA; do we see a re-enactment of Jrue on Lillard from a few years ago? It depends on who they choose to trap with Jrue, I guess, at least partially; Lopez can't really roam that far from the hoop (not that they'd want him to either, he needs to be dropped most of the time) so do they go with Connaughton (maybe with Portis when he's off the bench?) so that they can keep Harden guarded by Middleton, or will they sell out on Kyrie?

Or do they mix it up and try to go Jrue on Harden and just trust the trap with other guys for Kyrie?

Or do they go super strict single coverage and just dare someone to beat them (I think this is unwise)? The Bucks aren't one of those super frequent soft-switch teams so that strikes me as unlikely, but they have done it occasionally which I think would be a mistake here.

Then you have the opposite matchups: Jrue isn't Kyrie as a scorer, of course, but he's a solid scorer and Kyrie simply cannot guard Jrue. Jrue's too big, too strong, and too good for Kyrie's not-great defense to really hold up against. So do they try and get him guarded by Harden, who is at least bigger and stronger, and try to hide Kyrie, or do they just try the ball-denial strategy elsewhere and ask Jrue to beat them?

So much interesting stuff to look out for.

Just want the Suns to close the Lakers out tonight. Please Suns get it done.

Disagree- We should all be rooting for the Lakers tonight. And then for them to win a hard fought Game 7. And then have another grueling 7 game series, and then another. I want their role players value to go up so they make more overpays to keep them. I want AD and Lebron to play 40 mpg in late round playoff series, on hobbled legs. I want them to play deep into this postseason and then have another shorter than usual offseason. We should all want all of that
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Only reason to want the Lakers to lose is personal satisfaction and being petty. And New Orleans knows petty very well...

But yeah. Be better for us if they suffer through a long playoff run. Keep testing LeBron's durability and wear him out mentally. I already know what'll happen to Anthony Davis. Him being fragile in both senses is a given.

Davis expected to play

I’ve become a big fan of Michael Malone’s coaching

CJ Mcculum defense is Eric Bledsoe 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Only reason to want the Lakers to lose is personal satisfaction and being petty. And New Orleans knows petty very well...

But yeah. Be better for us if they suffer through a long playoff run. Keep testing LeBron's durability and wear him out mentally. I already know what'll happen to Anthony Davis. Him being fragile in both senses is a given.
    I'm not going to lie, having dealt with both, I would still probably pull for the Taliban versus the Lakers.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Davis is toast

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I'm not going to lie, having dealt with both, I would still probably pull for the Taliban versus the Lakers.
    lmao

Whoever decided to clear AD to play tonight needs firing.

Just clearly, visibly not right in the few minutes he played, can barely move under control, and almost instantly reaggravated his injuries.

Trade all our picks Bledsoe, Adams for Booker

Whoever decided to clear AD to play tonight needs firing.

Just clearly, visibly not right in the few minutes he played, can barely move under control, and almost instantly reaggravated his injuries.
    Wow he may have made injury much worse.

Also, losing to the Nuggets (who are missing their second best player and then tewo other major rotation players) this year makes it now 4 times in the last 5 years that the Blazers have been bounced in the first round. Just a clear, evident ceiling on that team that can't really be worked around.

Carmelo Anthony has now been knocked out of the playoffs 11 times in the first round.

Thread Information