Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Also Nate McMillan is a good coach. He has had Randle figured out from a coaching standpoint. Exposing Randle’s weakness I must admit. David Griffin did not think Nate McMillan’s defense would be good here. Also was not point Zion. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Also Nate McMillan is a good coach. He has had Randle figured out from a coaching standpoint. Exposing Randle’s weakness I must admit. David Griffin did not think Nate McMillan’s defense would be good here. Also was not point Zion. It is what it is.
    Nate McMillan is also a good coach, this is true, though I do put him into that Thibs category of being a great regular season coach who regularly overachieves with whatever roster he has and then gets hit hard in the playoffs. His Pacers teams getting routinely swept out of the first round despite finishing with 45+ wins basically every year comes to mind.

I will tell you what though, McMillan is a massively underrated player. Led the NBA in DBPM three years straight in the early-mid 90s, despite that being an era where MJ, Pippen, Hakeem, etc, were all active and at their best. STL% of over 3.0% for a decade running, including 4.4% and 5.8% in consecutive years (5.8% is still the single season record for STL%, over 5.1% from Ron Lee in 1978: the gap between McMillan and 2nd place is larger than the gap between 2nd place and 12th, and 13th place also belongs to Nate McMillan )

Was never an elite offensive player but man, what a defender. Historically underrated defender.
    Basketball.

Looking back at the Derrick Favors trade to New Orleans two years later....

In 2019 the Jazz wanted to sign Bojan Bogdanovic, but didn't have the cap space to make it work. So they they found a 'patsy' in New Orleans to take Favors off their hands for one year (whether Favors was in on the fix is what conspiracies are made of) and the rest is history. The Jazz got their man (Bogdanovic), two draft picks ('21 and '23 second rounders), and a 'storage shed' for their 'favored' son until they were ready to bring him home. For their part, the Pelicans got......

Well you know what they got, don't you?
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-31-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Waiting for RUF to defend his right to run on the court

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Looking back at the Derrick Favors trade to New Orleans two years later....

In 2019 the Jazz wanted to sign Bojan Bogdanovic, but didn't have the cap space to make it work. So they they found a 'patsy' in New Orleans to take Favors off their hands for one year (whether Favors was in on the fix is what conspiracies are made of) and the rest is history. The Jazz got their man (Bogdanovic), two draft picks ('21 and '23 second rounders), and a 'storage shed' for their 'favored' son until they were ready to bring him home. For their part, the Pelicans got......

Well you know what they got, don't you?

You're the last person on this board I'd expect to buy into conspiracy theories. Really shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    You're the last person on this board I'd expect to buy into conspiracy theories. Really shocking.
    Funny, you're the first person on this board who I would expect to misrepresent a post. Not shocking at all.
    Last edited by As I See It; 06-01-2021 at 12:49 AM.

Booker on a roll finally

Payne( a free agent this summer) on fire again

Jesus this Markieff Morris guy for Lakers is Bledsoe.2.0

Those draft picks and swaps down the road are beginning to look a lot better now.

(Fingers Crossed)

Interesting conversation between Chuck and Draymond.

Chuck: "Draymond what do yall do in that situation up 3 do yall foul?"
    Draymond: "We try to foul but you gotta have players that think in that situation."

Meanwhile back on the farm....

SVG: "Ok guys when they inbound we want to foul here...don't let them get off a 3"
    Bledose: "....huh??"
    Lonzo: "...whut he say??"

Austin freakin Rivers

Chris Paul down again

Where all the Rivers haters at now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I?ll place this here apropos of nothing.

Or the opposite

Case in point

Austin Rivers

Guess we should consider DAME for MVP

Gosh going after CJ this off-season could be like getting another Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Gosh going after CJ this off-season could be like getting another Bledsoe
    We need to be all in on Brogdon

Man, Westbrook has been rough this playoffs.

This is a statement which could have also been made in basically every playoffs he's had in years.

So far tonight he has 22/5/7 on 42/66/100 splits. Not that bad, honestly, at least not on paper.

The 4 games prior to this? 18/11/12 on 32/20/78. Shooting 36% from 2 overall, including 13% from floater range, and 16% from short midrange.

This is following last year's playoffs where he had a 42/24/53 slash line.

I know that there are upsides to his game, his intensity is good, when he tries he can be okay on defense, and while he does do some egregious assist-hunting he is a good passer, but man. He chases those inflated numbers so hard and his efficiency is so poor it's insane.

I just dont understand why the Knicks are allowing Trae Young to take the day off on defense. They refuse to seek him and attack him.

This is criminal negligence at game 5 in this series. Not a single adjustment.

Thread Information