Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

It's not hard to use a VPN or a TOR browser or some method to dynamically change your IP

One thing that's quite easily perceptible (which you can't hide) is the overt or subtle nuances of the way one uses the English language
    Okay fine be that way

So about how SARS2 was cooked up in a lab in Wuhan (WIV) with only BSL2 security clearance and got loose

Now back to the playoffs after AUSPEL conspiracy theories.

In a little while we get to watch Jrue go for the sweep of the Heat. Oh gosh I like Jrue Holiday on this Bucks team. Who else on this forum likes Jrue? Maybe they are me too?

Nah I loved Jrue's defense, probably my favourite Pel ever

Nah I loved Jrue's defense, probably my favourite Pel ever
    Agreed.

Fingers crossed for him to get a ring this season. Bucks are the team I want to win most, entirely for Jrue.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Agreed.

Fingers crossed for him to get a ring this season. Bucks are the team I want to win most, entirely for Jrue.
    I think the earlier the Bucks win a title, the better for our picks of theirs because the desire lessens once you've won a title, hence making our far out Bucks picks better.

Agree or disagree?

I think the earlier the Bucks win a title, the better for our picks of theirs because the desire lessens once you've won a title, hence making our far out Bucks picks better.

Agree or disagree?
    I don't necessarily believe the desire lessens; it's perfectly possible that you just get a taste for it and want it even more. It does wear on the body, however, which can prove a larger limit than the mental game.

I don't even think about it tactically. I just know that we definitely aren't winning a chip this year, and if it can't be us, I want it to be Jrue.

Absurdly small sample size alert but

In the 3 games for the playoffs so far, Jrue is averaging 17/7/10 on 57%TS, is shooting nearly 70% from 2 overall, is playing extremely good defense, and he has an on/off that sits at a truly ridiculous +61.2 . He has a +/- of +88 so far in this series.

He's actually had a pretty rough series of 3pt shooting so far (after a very good regular season) and it hasn't mattered.

Once upon a time a team would run a PnR against the Pelicans. Jrue Holiday waiting on one side and Anthony Davis on the other. **sigh** seems like so long ago.

Draft Davion Mitchell and maybe Jax becomes that other side.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Once upon a time a team would run a PnR against the Pelicans. Jrue Holiday waiting on one side and Anthony Davis on the other. **sigh** seems like so long ago.

Draft Davion Mitchell and maybe Jax becomes that other side.
    His defensive game? I respect (though in the big leagues, a 6'2'' guard is usually exploited**).

His offensive game? Nothing Special (his sub 70% free throw shooting is quite worrisome****).

**See Kira Lewis, Jr.

****On a team that was second to last in the league last year???

Bad look for Riley

Jimmy Butler may want new scenery again

Jrue was with a Pels team that got a 1st round sweep as well.

This next series against the Nets will tell it all. Will also be a fantastic series.

Joel Myers calling Denver vs Portland

Drinking game

Every time Joel calls Jokic MVP, drink

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Drinking game

Every time Joel calls Jokic MVP, drink
    If we drank every time Joel was clearly correct, we'd all be blackout on a regular basis

Tyler Herro just spent to much time this summer fixing Jack Harlow jumper. He'll be back on track next year.

I guess if I was gonna pursue a FA guard. It would be Powell.

That latest Knicks loss is squarely on the shoulders on Thibs. He just let Atlanta hide Trae Young on Reggie Bullock, who did nothing but stand in a corner. Bullock shot the ball 4 times.

They didnt use any screening action or anything to get a good matchup on Trae. Even when they lucked into 3 fouls on him in the 1st half.

Meanwhile the story will be on Randle, Barrett, and Rose having to take on walls of Hawks defenders by themselves. Especially Randle.

Question....

Does Latoya James argue every possession or every other possession?

Zion gets raped and gets no called.

Lotoya gets 'goosed' and it's an 'and one'.

Waiting for RUF to defend his right to throw bottles at players

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That latest Knicks loss is squarely on the shoulders on Thibs. He just let Atlanta hide Trae Young on Reggie Bullock, who did nothing but stand in a corner. Bullock shot the ball 4 times.

They didnt use any screening action or anything to get a good matchup on Trae. Even when they lucked into 3 fouls on him in the 1st half.

Meanwhile the story will be on Randle, Barrett, and Rose having to take on walls of Hawks defenders by themselves. Especially Randle.
    I think this, among a few other things, is one of the hallmarks of a Thibs team.

He's one of the leagues very best floor-raising/ceiling-limiting coaches

His teams always overachieve in the regular season because he's fantastic at getting them to play hard all the time. In the playoffs, when everyone is playing hard all the time, that's no longer enough and you start getting into the chess-match of the coaching battle and Thibs has never been any good at that, at least on offense. Defensively is a slightly different story but again, non-dynamic playoff defenses don't fare well either.

Thread Information