Melli or Randle? UMMMMM

Adams or Randle? UMMMMM

JJ or Randle? UMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Favors or Randle? UMMMMM

Melli or Randle? UMMMMM

Adams or Randle? UMMMMM

JJ or Randle? UMMMMM
    Randle does what for us when we can't give him a 29% usage...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Randle does what for us when we can't give him a 29% usage...
    Considering Zion missed half the season in year 19/20, I think Randle would have done just fine at the same money we paid Favors for on a one year rental. Perhaps you forget; he played half a season with the "Looney Tune's Brow" who left for Lebron-land and Randle accounted for himself quite well (he didn't quit when others did). Spin it however you wish, he would've given us more than the four players we have been made to agonize through over the last two years (Favors, Melli, Adams, and JJ).

Favors or Randle? UMMMMM

Melli or Randle? UMMMMM

Adams or Randle? UMMMMM

JJ or Randle? UMMMMM

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I’ll place this here apropos of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

The way that Mac said that the regular season is glorified pick up ball and the post season is when the real stuff happens

It's true and you can't really fix it, unless you fill your team with 15 guys desperate for a contract

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Who's that massive Randle stan here?

13 of 54 in this series and 2-15 tonight. Lol

As if Kemba Walker is doing any better

The way that Mac said that the regular season is glorified pick up ball and the post season is when the real stuff happens

It's true and you can't really fix it, unless you fill your team with 15 guys desperate for a contract
    It took me a while to understand this and when I see a fan get excited about a player or a team in the regular season, I can tell they are younger. Not that I am knocking that person, because its an evolution and I was once naive too. But I can go back decades and recite all the teams that played super hard and overachieved and then met reality in the postseason. Heck, Scott Skiles did it in multiple places.

There is no crossover. I have said they are different sports and I mean it. The closest you can get is to look at the final 4-6 minutes of regular season games in which nobody is at a massive rest disadvantage, guys are healthy, and both teams really need the game. If you could somehow isolate that, you might have a tiny glimpse into being able to predict what a guy and a team might do in the first round of the NBA playoffs. Then, do the same thing for the end of games in the first round and you might have a tiny idea of how a guy might perform in the 2nd and 3rd round.

So, when people quote all their stats and use that as evidence of this player being good or this one stinking, I just role my eyes because none of those stats matter with regard to what REALLY matters in this sport. Its all fluff.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Or the opposite

Lebron James, Anthony Davis,Kevin Durant,James Harden, Playoff Rondo etc
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-29-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It took me a while to understand this and when I see a fan get excited about a player or a team in the regular season, I can tell they are younger. Not that I am knocking that person, because its an evolution and I was once naive too. But I can go back decades and recite all the teams that played super hard and overachieved and then met reality in the postseason. Heck, Scott Skiles did it in multiple places.

There is no crossover. I have said they are different sports and I mean it. The closest you can get is to look at the final 4-6 minutes of regular season games in which nobody is at a massive rest disadvantage, guys are healthy, and both teams really need the game. If you could somehow isolate that, you might have a tiny glimpse into being able to predict what a guy and a team might do in the first round of the NBA playoffs. Then, do the same thing for the end of games in the first round and you might have a tiny idea of how a guy might perform in the 2nd and 3rd round.

So, when people quote all their stats and use that as evidence of this player being good or this one stinking, I just role my eyes because none of those stats matter with regard to what REALLY matters in this sport. Its all fluff.
    I disagree that it's *all* fluff, because you still need guys with skill and you still need guys who are good in the last 4-5 minutes of a close game, which is the closest thing you can get to playoff basketball.

But, I will say that regular season stats without any semblance of context, is as meaningless as can be.

For example, Lonzo compiles the vast majority of his stats when the pressure is the least. He's an amazing 1st quarter player. Goes missing afterwards

Makes him look pretty great on paper, but we all know the truth
    Last edited by AusPel; 05-29-2021 at 10:01 AM.

The stats are fluff. Filler. Things to keep fans talking and debating. The skills are whats real. The mental makeup is whats real. And we have almost no access.to the latter. Yet we debate these players as if we have all the info we need because we can go to basketball reference. Then, we call guys "overrated" when they fail in the playoffs, based of our own poor rating structure.

Look at the skills. Look at the effort and the willingness to do multiple things to help a team win. Dont look at the overall 3pt percentage with no context of when the shot was taken, how many dribbles vs open catch and shoot, etc. You are not an expert on these guys because you can work the basketball reference filter

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The stats are fluff. Filler. Things to keep fans talking and debating. The skills are whats real. The mental makeup is whats real. And we have almost no access.to the latter. Yet we debate these players as if we have all the info we need because we can go to basketball reference. Then, we call guys "overrated" when they fail in the playoffs, based of our own poor rating structure.

Look at the skills. Look at the effort and the willingness to do multiple things to help a team win. Dont look at the overall 3pt percentage with no context of when the shot was taken, how many dribbles vs open catch and shoot, etc. You are not an expert on these guys because you can work the basketball reference filter
    Why do mediocrely contextualised players get massive contracts then?

Wouldn’t it be funny if Randle breaks out for 40 plus next game? Remember what happened after everyone got on Davis after that Lakers game one loss?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Wouldn’t it be funny if Randle breaks out for 40 plus next game? Remember what happened after everyone got on Davis after that Lakers game one loss?
    I knew you were an AISI alt from the beginning. This proves it

As much as we hate on Davis for flaking, he has brought it in the playoffs from day 1. Has about a 30 PER in the playoffs if I'm not mistaken

Randle's playoff PER would be about 7
    Last edited by AusPel; 05-29-2021 at 10:39 AM.

I knew you were an AISI alt from the beginning. This proves it
    ??????

??????
    Dispute me if I'm wrong, but you both have the same sort of takes on basketball

ie. dying on this Randle hill you both want to

Why do mediocrely contextualised players get massive contracts then?
    Because it is not like you have a large quantity of properly contextualized guys. We will come of these playifds with maybe 20 guys we know can thrive in the playoffs regardless of situation. Most guys are completely dependent on the situation and who they are playing off of.

Add to that, most humans are optimistic in that if they want to make a case for something, there is enough data to make that claim - as long as you selectively ignore other data.

Which is why i always start by making the argument opposite of what i want to believe. Always the best place to start

LOL. Okay Whatever .

??????
    Yeah,

???????

You think you are right....

You want to be right.....

You claim you are right....

But, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

G'Day, Mate!!

LMAO!!!

Suggestion for you: Look at the thread information below and see that we are signed in simultaneously.

What a clown!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-29-2021 at 11:07 AM.

??????
    Yeah,

??????
    Both a pretty big fan of leaning your elbow on the question mark key

Pattern recognition really isn't that hard for the lay person, especially when you make no attempt to hide it

Both a pretty big fan of leaning your elbow on the question mark key

Pattern recognition really isn't that hard for the lay person, especially when you make no attempt to hide it
    We can always get PelicansFan to do a location check. When you find out you are wrong

We can always get PelicansFan to do a location check. When you find out you are wrong

Yeah, PelicansFan, can you help that poor soul (or is it poor sole) from down under?

It's not hard to use a VPN or a TOR browser or some method to dynamically change your IP

One thing that's quite easily perceptible (which you can't hide) is the overt or subtle nuances of the way one uses the English language
    Last edited by AusPel; 05-29-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Thread Information