Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    It's popcorn dude, not a beer or coke. The players calling for the NBA to "protect the players from the fans" over this popcorn incident is ********ing retarded. Let's have some perspective. Fans have been doing far worse, for ever. If these soft modern players can't take a little popcorn throwing in a playoff game, then they're soft as charmin and used to being pampered. These modern day stars like Lebron, AD and others make it harder and harder to support this sport. Watching Westbrook try to jump in the stands to attack the dude was cringe af.

IT'S POPCORN. CHILL THE F OUT.

Can I throw popcorn at you? Would you like it? This is why it is taken seriously

https://youtu.be/ghtDbOisWtA

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Can I throw popcorn at you? Would you like it? This is why it is taken seriously

https://youtu.be/ghtDbOisWtA
    If I was making tens of millions to play a game, you could throw anything but knives at me and I'd go out there and do my job. Popcorn doesn't hurt anything but your ego. Again, just a dumb thing to get riled up over.

If I was making tens of millions to play a game, you could throw anything but knives at me and I'd go out there and do my job. Popcorn doesn't hurt anything but your ego. Again, just a dumb thing to get riled up over.
    People say this but it is not true and everything is relative. I dont know what you do for a living, but lets say you make 60k a year. I bet you dont let someone throw something at you. And somewhere, there is some slave laborer saying that if he got paid 60k a year and got to go home to an air conditioned house, internet, and a warm meal, that he would let someone throw a drink on him all day.

When something is your norm, you no longer appreciate it the way someone with a lesser norm would. And outside of that, all you have is a desire to be loved, to be safe, and to be respected. None of that shifts with more money or power. Because you also usually have more responsibility for others in your family and face more scrutinty too.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Stress is stress. Money doesn’t solve that. Just means you gotta bigger house to cry in.

Basketball Guru
    the stuff people defend smdh..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the stuff people defend smdh..
    The issue is you got people that don’t think the rules apply to them.

Some one really thinks it's okay to dehumanize another and treat them like circus animals by throwing food on them... Foods that's been covered in that person germs or being covered in their spit soda. This isn't the 19XX sports world. Sit down and behave like a grown adult. Shut up too if you can't be a racist to NBA players, too.
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-28-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Where can I sign up to get a Multi Million Dollar Contract compliments Phil Knight's Sweat Shops and Slave Labor?

or

Cry me a river?
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-28-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Man Randle looks so defeated out there, his game use to be way more physical now he just takes jumpers.

Perspective is something severely lacking in today's world. This thread is case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Man Randle looks so defeated out there, his game use to be way more physical now he just takes jumpers.
    Agreed. He's not having the best series so far, but this is his first playoff experience, so it's a little more understandable. They need big games from guys like Rose, Barrett and Quickley to have a chance of winning this series.

Perspective is something severely lacking in today's world. This thread is case in point.
    Indeed!!

I never for a second wished we would have kept Randle or yearned for him while he had this good season. He is destined to be a microwave scorer on a really good team, not a #1 or a #2. This season played out perfect for him because he was able to be a #1 guy with a ton of try hards who kept them in every contest. And try hards can get you wins in the regular season, but Randle's best role would be a forward version of prime Lou Will in my opinion. If the Knicks give him a max contract to keep him, with thoughts that he can be their #1 or #2, they will be severely disappointed and he will go from a beloved guy in the city to the guy all the fans want to trade to get off that contract

Screaming A was saying Knicks fan was going to take over the ATL I only saw spike up in there LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Screaming A was saying Knicks fan was going to take over the ATL I only saw spike up in there LOL
    Falcons fans have something to cheer about. Given ATL history Hawks will blow it

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I never for a second wished we would have kept Randle or yearned for him while he had this good season. He is destined to be a microwave scorer on a really good team, not a #1 or a #2. This season played out perfect for him because he was able to be a #1 guy with a ton of try hards who kept them in every contest. And try hards can get you wins in the regular season, but Randle's best role would be a forward version of prime Lou Will in my opinion. If the Knicks give him a max contract to keep him, with thoughts that he can be their #1 or #2, they will be severely disappointed and he will go from a beloved guy in the city to the guy all the fans want to trade to get off that contract
    Well they have already photoshopped Zion in a Knicks jersey

Careful what you wish for

Yeah let?s go get Kemba lol

Celtics have the most boring callers in the league

I'd rather hear nails been dragged across a blackboard. Completely devoid of any insight or panache. The majority of the call is painful, elongated silence

Thank God for Joel and AD!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Celtics have the most boring callers in the league

I'd rather hear nails been dragged across a blackboard. Completely devoid of any insight or panache. The majority of the call is painful, elongated silence

Thank God for Joel and AD!
    Stan was a pretty good announcer too

Stan was a pretty good announcer too
    Yep

If Dallas ever gets a real #2 to Luka, they will be unstoppable.

If Dallas ever gets a real #2 to Luka, they will be unstoppable.
    Some people on this board want to trade for that Dallas #2 player
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-28-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Who's that massive Randle stan here?

13 of 54 in this series and 2-15 tonight. Lol

Luke is Jay Z
    Zion is Nas
    Ja is Soulja Boy
    Tatum is lol Wayne
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Some people on this board want to trade for that Dallas #2 player
    I mean he disappears in big games, so he'd fit in here.

Thread Information