Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Ish Smith sighting again in playoffs

Issssssshhhhh

Beal is playing amazingly well

Hurry up and get him Griff

Westbrook's descent from 90% of NBA fans viewing him as a super fantastic, intense, underdog super-competitor into about 70% of NBA fans viewing him as the definition of bark and no bite has been rapid.

Just three or four years ago, the vast majority of people were over-awed at his intense playstyle, his overt displays of expression, and the gaudy triple doubles.

These days, he racks up box score stats like a maniac and barely anyone cares. General consensus is that if you need someone to fill a box score up, he's your man, but if you actually want to win games he's far far far down on the list.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Westbrook's descent from 90% of NBA fans viewing him as a super fantastic, intense, underdog super-competitor into about 70% of NBA fans viewing him as the definition of bark and no bite has been rapid.

Just three or four years ago, the vast majority of people were over-awed at his intense playstyle, his overt displays of expression, and the gaudy triple doubles.

These days, he racks up box score stats like a maniac and barely anyone cares. General consensus is that if you need someone to fill a box score up, he's your man, but if you actually want to win games he's far far far down on the list.
    He's no CP3

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He's no CP3
    There are very few players in the NBA who play with the explosion and intensity that he does, which makes it all the more confusing that he's one of the most boring star players in the league.

I watch him and I'm like man, this dude won an MVP? Where's the value?

There are very few players in the NBA who play with the explosion and intensity that he does, which makes it all the more confusing that he's one of the most boring star players in the league.

I watch him and I'm like man, this dude won an MVP? Where's the value?
    What are we trading for Beal

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What are we trading for Beal
    I really don't think Beal's getting traded. At every turn, both the Wizards and Beal himself have doubled down on him staying there. Neither of them have ever said anything that indicates they want to move on, they made an all-in move by going to get Westbrook (say what you want about Westbrook and Wall but at least Westbrook can be relied on to play), and they extended Beal through 2023 for $37m a year.

The only evidence there is that the Wizards and Beal might be parting ways seems to be in the form of wishful thinking.

Could it happen? Stranger things have, but I think just assuming Beal will be moved as an inevitability is a bit weird.

This game has to be disheartening for Wizards fans.

They shoot 56/44/83 as a team, Westbrook doesn't jack up threes, Beal's on his highest efficiency mode overall, only 14 turnovers (which isn't great but isn't outlier bad), they win the rebounding battle (40-39), Embiid spends half the game settling for jumpers and doesn't even play 30 minutes, Ben Simmons shoots 3/9 from the field and 0/5 from the line, the Sixers shoot 31% from 3, and the Wizards still lose.

Hard loss to swallow. A lot went well for the Wizards this game and it just didn't matter.

Okay, Lakers/Suns, Lebron looks awake lol

Lebron and CP3 are going to have the ref-argument of a lifetime this series. Someone's going to pop a blood vessel.

The way this first half has gone so far is why I don't get those people who expected a Lakers landslide.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's silly to pick the Lakers overall in the series, I think that's fair: the Lakers have the best individual player, and may (when he can find it in himself to be motivated) have the best two players in the series, and it's hard to pick against that. If you have Lakers in 6 or Lakers in 7, I think that's a justifiable and defensible position.

But there have been so many people claiming it'll be Lakers in a landslide and I just find that really hard to imagine. Phoenix has the talent, with CP3 and Booker and Ayton, to keep things relatively close in the Lebron minutes, and then it's no mystery that the Lebronless, AD-led minutes have always been rough for the Lakers and the Suns have capitalised on that so far.

Given such an obvious strategic advantage for the Suns, it's hard to imagine them not taking at least a game or two. Especially cause, while the Lakers have the talent advantage at the top end, it's not like CP3/Booker/Ayton is a scrub trio, and they arguably have the better depth.

I'm a few minutes behind on the feed and oh no.

That's bad.

Well if Chris Paul is seriously injured that obviously changes everything.

What the hell is with his luck? Every playoffs it seems like this happens to him. Who did he annoy to get cursed like this

Sometimes, Davis can be the most invisible superstar in sports.

Okay good

Suns fans don’t like E'Twaun Moore either?

Andre Drummond just caught a ball, had three obvious passes, looked at all three of them, and instead decided to dribble directly into his defender first.

Decision making >>>>

I'll be honest, watching so many young stars in the playoffs this year is kinda bittersweet. Like yeah it's great to see new faces like Devin Booker and Ja Morant, but it's like.....Zion should be there too. I know it's a process and they'll be there one day, but......I don't know. Maybe I'm being greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    I'll be honest, watching so many young stars in the playoffs this year is kinda bittersweet. Like yeah it's great to see new faces like Devin Booker and Ja Morant, but it's like.....Zion should be there too. I know it's a process and they'll be there one day, but......I don't know. Maybe I'm being greedy.
    Booker's first playoff game tonight.

6 years into his career.

Sometimes it takes some time.

CP3 threading the needle for an extremely tight window only to have it end in a 10ft floater from Dario Saric is one of life's cruellest jokes.

Neither CP3 nor Lebron actually look that healthy, honestly.

Booker's first playoff game tonight.

6 years into his career.

Sometimes it takes some time.

And a coach players relate too

Suns have 34 points in the paint too, it's not like they've just been jacking threes.

Thread Information