Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Jrue freaking Holiday!

Jrue the defensive freak!

That might be a bit strong but then, it's only might

Ridiculously good. No excuse for him to not be like 4x all first team defense at this point.
    Basketball.

So... We are about to see BKN actually at full strength and try.

I honestly like the Over and BKN - 4 1H, tho.

Luka Doncic is so good it's unfair

Leonard going to Clippers was such a Beta move. Could he gone BTB with Toronto... Probably. Did he want to... Nah. He want LA lifestyle. Feels like he's been completely forgotten. He was always better as a Big Fish in a little pond type guy.

It's wild how Doncic can take the floor with 4x All NBA, 2x DPOY, 2x Finals MVP, 6x All Defense, 29 year old Kawhi Leonard and 5x All NBA, 4x All Defense, 7x All Star 31 year old Paul George, and still look - at the age of 22 in his third season - like the best player out there.

Absurdly good, so quickly.

Also, Porzingis is totally busted

Kawhi with a giant hammer

OMG KAWHI JUST DID THAT TO KLEBER

Pandemic P doing his thang

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Pandemic P doing his thang
    Pandemic P and Porzingis combining for 21/5/5 in a combined 56 minutes on a combined 6/22 shooting including 1/8 from 3 for the low low price of only $65.8m this year.

Porzingis nails 28 footers like it's nothing against the Pels.

Everyone else, he either won't shoot those or when he does....brick.

#pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pandemic P and Porzingis combining for 21/5/5 in a combined 56 minutes on a combined 6/22 shooting including 1/8 from 3 for the low low price of only $65.8m this year.
    I think Porzingis has enter an Invitation to the Pandemic P club. He meets the criteria

1. Overpay
    2. Completely useless in the Playoffs
    3. One of his name starts with a P

I think Porzingis has enter an Invitation to the Pandemic P club. He meets the criteria

1. Overpay
    2. Completely useless in the Playoffs
    3. One of his name starts with a P
    Imagine if, instead of trading for Porzingis, the Mavs had paired Luka with someone who was

A) Good and
    B) Not falling to pieces like an ancient stone golem

Imagine if, instead of trading for Porzingis, the Mavs had paired Luka with someone who was

A) Good and
    B) Not falling to pieces like an ancient stone golem
    Be 7FT tall and get 4 rebound. This is why I cringe when I hear people talk about getting an Unicorn Big. Just feel like there are just too many draw backs with their game and his benefits doesn't outweigh having real shooters at guard.

Be 7FT tall and get 4 rebound. This is why I cringe when I hear people talk about getting an Unicorn Big. Just feel like there are just too many draw backs with their game and his benefits doesn't outweigh having real shooters at guard.
    If you can get a real one they're invaluable. I just think people vastly overestimate how many of them there are and how acquirable they are.

There's like 4 actual shooting bigs who are good enough at shooting for it to matter without being absolutely useless at almost everything else.

Really didn't see the Nets coming out so flat.

If you could guarantee me health with KP, I would take him even with the lack of rebounds. Because Hart will give me that at an above avg level for a guard/forward. You would be one guard away - either one you trade for or NAW developing - from having a pretty devastating finishing 5 if you go (Guard)-Hart-Ingram-Zion-KP. Switch 1-4 and let KP drop/protect the rim. Box out his guy while Hart or Zion go and grab the board

That said, he cant stay healthy. And when Dallas does move him, it wont be in division
    @mcnamara247

Think Lue gets whacked by the owner if he don’t mark it out of 1st round?

Boston out of gas without Brown.

If Boston was going to steal one, tonight would have been the night. Will be really hard to hold Brooklyn to 100 points going forward.

Tatum did what he's done all year. Big game followed by a 6 - 20 night.

Robert Williams aka Time Lord the definition of not writing young players off too early. Looking like a steal for the Celtics this year.

Their justification for it not counting (as mentioned in the article that dropped with this whole story in it) is that the event he attended required everyone to either give proof of vaccination or a recent negative test result in order to attend, and therefore there was no major risk of infection.

Now, it's up to you whether or not you think that's a remotely good enough excuse, but that's their publicly stated reasoning for allowing Lebron to continue playing with no repercussions.
    Barkley nailed it

https://sports.yahoo.com/charles-bar...033506936.html

"I love Adam Silver, rest in peace David Stern, best commissioner in sports. The NBA ain't got the balls to f***ing suspend LeBron James. Zero. Listen, today, when I read that, I just — sometimes you read stuff, you just start laughing.

"Hey, the NBA, they ain't got no chance of suspending LeBron James. If it was a nobody, they would put him in healthy and safety protocols. Ain't no f***ing way LeBron James is going to be sitting out with all the health and safety protocols. When I read that, I just started laughing. LeBron James is playing Sunday. Guarantee."
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-23-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Thread Information