Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

I would rather face the jazz than the suns right now since Mitchell hasn't played in a while and might take him some time to get back to his old self... suns is a scarier team with cp3 leading them.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Monty, CP3, Booker and the rest of Suns will take care of it. I feel very confident about this. Lakers will not get past Suns.
    There is about 3% chance this actually happens. I root for Suns but they have 0 playoff experience outside of CP3 and Crowder and they are less talented even though it doesn't look like it on first sight...

Im putting Lonzo on avatar and Bledsoe in sig if Lakers lose this...

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    more about those guys being guys Zion grew up playing with, AAU with Ja and at Duke with RJ and Cam. If you don't think it burns Zion to see those guys get there first, I gotta question how much sports you've actually played...
    Never said it wouldn't "burn", just said that in the long term it isn't a big deal.
    Basketball.

I want the Lakers to win a few long series. And the same next year. What we need is Lebron and AD to put as many miles on their tires as possible so that one year they completely blow out. We need them to have a Golden State kind of break down after going deep in the playoffs for multiple years. Only way we get another really high pick from them IMO
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I want the Lakers to win a few long series. And the same next year. What we need is Lebron and AD to put as many miles on their tires as possible so that one year they completely blow out. We need them to have a Golden State kind of break down after going deep in the playoffs for multiple years. Only way we get another really high pick from them IMO
    This, the longer and longer the seasons go either lebron is gonna have to eventually gas out (maybe not he’s a demi god) or AD will just go soft like usual and get hurt or wanna go else where

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    This, the longer and longer the seasons go either lebron is gonna have to eventually gas out (maybe not he’s a demi god) or AD will just go soft like usual and get hurt or wanna go else where
    While we can hope, I do not think a few more games in the playoffs tips the scales that much given how many games these guys have played in their career.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    While we can hope, I do not think a few more games in the playoffs tips the scales that much given how many games these guys have played in their career.
    Who knows, that 1 extra game could lead to a catastrophic injury. Not saying I want that to happen because I don’t wish that on anyone, but it’s an odds game. The more games you player the less time you have in the league left

Beal watch

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I would rather face the jazz than the suns right now since Mitchell hasn't played in a while and might take him some time to get back to his old self... suns is a scarier team with cp3 leading them.
    the suns dont have green to get into AD head.....i think the lakers will beat them..

Look an Ish Smith sighting for the Wizards!

Issssssh!

The disrespect to the Suns grates my nerves. Reminds me of our hornets back in 2008.

The Lakers will not win that series.

I don't think the Suns will have an answer for Davis. He's going to abuse the Suns frontcourt.

I feel like it's going to be a very interesting series between the Suns and the Lakers.

On the one hand, the Suns are the healthier team and have been better all year, and won the regular season series against the Lakers.

On the other hand, in that regular season series the Suns never played the Lakers with both Lebron and AD. They played them without both guys once, and then once when they had Lebron but no AD, and then once with AD and no Lebron. So it's not a hugely reliable sample size of matchups.

I find it difficult to doubt Lebron in playoff situations. He's never lost in the first round of the playoffs before, and the Suns (overall) don't have a huge amount of playoff experience. They're the more talented team when considering the entire roster, but if Lebron is able to do the Lebron Playoff Thing then it probably doesn't matter. For me, it will all depend on health. If Lebron and AD are healthy, Lakers win. If their injury problems are legit (which honestly, they do kind of seem to be) then I think the Suns have a real shot at taking it.

Unquestionably though, the battle between Lebron and CP3 for Biggest Complainer will be an epic for the ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I don't think the Suns will have an answer for Davis. He's going to abuse the Suns frontcourt.
    More like he's going to settle for 18 foot jumpers 10 times a game.

I'm only sort of joking.

Are the Memphis Grizzlies on the 7 year rebuild plan too?

Memphis freaking Grizzlies

Good thing we not rebuilding like Memphis lol

Memphis hired a coach that knows how to develop players. Fascinating.

Let’s see if the Memphis defense continues to hold or does GS wake up?

Curry playing like MVP now

GSW gonna be scary next year with Wiggins, Curry, Klay, and whatever Minn pick is...

GSW piling in assets while being cap strap since 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    GSW gonna be scary next year with Wiggins, Curry, Klay, and whatever Minn pick is...

Agree. Don’t forget they got Wiseman too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Not really sure about ''scary''. They'll be a solid team though.

Klay 2.5 years removed from having last played basketball is not what moves this GS team from being pretty bad, which they are, to being ''scary'' imo.

Wiggins has been good this year though, at least compared to his past self, so maybe he takes another leap idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not really sure about ''scary''. They'll be a solid team though.

Klay 2.5 years removed from having last played basketball is not what moves this GS team from being pretty bad, which they are, to being ''scary'' imo.

Wiggins has been good this year though, at least compared to his past self, so maybe he takes another leap idk.
    . I know it's been awhile since we seen Curry and Klay play together, but they literally changed the NBA. They both still got plenty of tread on their tires.

Guess we need to add Morant in the MVP talk.

Thread Information