Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Find a new hero Dae

There you go. The new NBA. Bye Joker.

And he is gone . Javalee mcgee to take his spot

If it was Lebron, it would have been a common foul; play on. I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Find a new hero Dae
    Between Luka and Jokic

He does have a type, but I ain't hating. These Euro white dudes desreve more praise. They be Ballin. I wish there was better American white representation in the league. Feels severely lacking on the top end.

If we gonna talk national ethnic demographics in the NBA, tho. Let's not get emotional or personal about it. It is what is... Where is the next Larry Bird...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Between Luka and Jokic

He does have a type, but I ain't hating. These Euro white dudes desreve more praise. They be Ballin. I wish there was better American white representation in the league. Feels severely lacking on the top end.

If we gonna talk national ethnic demographics in the NBA, tho. Let's not get emotional or personal about it. It is what is... Where is the next Larry Bird...
    Race always seems to be the case. Can't escape it.

Between Luka and Jokic

Nobody brought that up but you .

Nobody brought that up but you .
    I guess you feel a certain way about it. It's a pretty worthwhile discussion. Where is the next Larry Bird. Also, on the topic diversity in the NBA, I really miss seeing Yao Ming as well. He was such a larger than life persona and such a great human being.

I guess you feel a certain way about it. It's a pretty worthwhile discussion. Where is the next Larry Bird. Also, on the topic diversity in the NBA, I really miss seeing Yao Ming as well. He was such a larger than life persona and such a great human being.
    Start a thread on it and see where it gets you. Try it on Saints Report and see what happens.

Jeremy Lin laughs at you.

We've assumed the worst franchise in the NBA position...I just don't see us getting past the 8th seed anytime soon. But what do I know.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Jeremy Lin laughs at you.
    That was one of wildest two weeks. I don't understand why people hated Linsanity. It was pure entertainment

Start a thread on it and see where it gets you. Try it on Saints Report and see what happens.
    Atleast they aren't TigerDropping bad. They have gotten so much better over the last ten years. TD is kind of a cesspool.

Atleast they aren't TigerDropping bad. They have gotten so much better over the last ten years. TD is kind of a cesspool.
    Some are members here too. People that used to post here post on TD now. Like Dr. 42

We can all wish one day the Pelicans make the WCF

Between Luka and Jokic

My favourite players in the NBA are CP3, Lebron, Jrue Holiday, Zion Williamson, Jokic, Luka, OG Anunoby, Shake Milton, Danny Green, and Kyle Lowry. Luka and Jokic deserve all the praise they get but let's not pretend like it's because I have a favouritism for Euro players or something, most of my favourite players are not from that mold at all.

And there's no sadness for me about Jokic getting bumped. After Murray went down it was doubtful they even reached the finals, let alone did some work while there were there; if they were going to go out (which was probable) there's nobody I would rather eliminate them than CP3, who I believe is the 3rd best PG of all time (at worst, I think there's room to argue for #2) and desperately deserves a ring.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    My favourite players in the NBA are CP3, Lebron, Jrue Holiday, Zion Williamson, Jokic, Luka, OG Anunoby, Shake Milton, Danny Green, and Kyle Lowry. Luka and Jokic deserve all the praise they get but let's not pretend like it's because I have a favouritism for Euro players or something, most of my favourite players are not from that mold at all.

And there's no sadness for me about Jokic getting bumped. After Murray went down it was doubtful they even reached the finals, let alone did some work while there were there; if they were going to go out (which was probable) there's nobody I would rather eliminate them than CP3, who I believe is the 3rd best PG of all time (at worst, I think there's room to argue for #2) and desperately deserves a ring.
    Nah, I was just teasing, because a certain someone see you post so much on Luka and Joker lately. Which they legitimately desreve. Such a weird beef

Nah, I was just teasing, because a certain someone see you post so much on Luka and Joker lately. Which they legitimately desreve. Such a weird beef
    *Shrug*

Zion, OG, Lebron, Lowry aren't in the playoffs, and I hate the Sixers as a team so I'm not going to talk much about Shake or Green. Luka got eliminated and I haven't posted about him since. Jrue's having a relatively bad series right now, as well.

CP3 is the one who I am really on right now. He's been just all kinds of incredible since he managed to shake off that injury.

In the Nuggets sweep CP3 averaged 26/5/10 with 1 turnover per game on 63/75/100 splits. It's legitimately ridiculous, he treated the Nuggets defense - as ragged as it was at times - like a complete chewtoy.

Reminds me a little bit of my favourite ever CP3 post-season series which is the 2010-11 series he played vs the Lakers. Pushed them to 6 despite being the clearly inferior team, with CP3 putting up averages of 22/7/12 on 55/48/80 splits with impeccable defense. That opening game where he took game 1 on the road with 33/7/14 with 4 steals on 61/68/75 splits is an all time clinic imo. Ever want to see a point guard to literally everything you could ever ask a point guard to do, go back and re-watch it. Getting to see Chris Paul have a legitimate chance at a ring this year is a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    *Shrug*

Zion, OG, Lebron, Lowry aren't in the playoffs, and I hate the Sixers as a team so I'm not going to talk much about Shake or Green. Luka got eliminated and I haven't posted about him since. Jrue's having a relatively bad series right now, as well.

CP3 is the one who I am really on right now. He's been just all kinds of incredible since he managed to shake off that injury.

In the Nuggets sweep CP3 averaged 26/5/10 with 1 turnover per game on 63/75/100 splits. It's legitimately ridiculous, he treated the Nuggets defense - as ragged as it was at times - like a complete chewtoy.

Reminds me a little bit of my favourite ever CP3 post-season series which is the 2010-11 series he played vs the Lakers. Pushed them to 6 despite being the clearly inferior team, with CP3 putting up averages of 22/7/12 on 55/48/80 splits with impeccable defense. That opening game where he took game 1 on the road with 33/7/14 with 4 steals on 61/68/75 splits is an all time clinic imo. Ever want to see a point guard to literally everything you could ever ask a point guard to do, go back and re-watch it. Getting to see Chris Paul have a legitimate chance at a ring this year is a dream.
    Man, I remember every Houston fan calling CP3 washed up and over the hill trying to make an offense work with a blackhole that was James Harden with a terrible coach.

I knew the moment he got shipped to OKC. He gonna make he most out of the squad and he did. He got shipped to the Suns.I knew he was gonna flip shop. Don't call it a comeback. Just a late career renaissance

Basketball Guru
    Man, I remember every Houston fan calling CP3 washed up and over the hill trying to make an offense work with a blackhole that was James Harden with a terrible coach.

I knew the moment he got shipped to OKC. He gonna make he most out of the squad and he did. He got shipped to the Suns.I knew he was gonna flip shop. Don't call it a comeback. Just a late career renaissance
    harden had him playing the 2 guard...plus the vets was not trying to cp3 tell them how to play.......

the suns are young and are willing to listen and learn from cp3......

Flip shop? Does he walk on water, too? I guess it went from a two year rebuild (lol) to changing water into wine.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Flip shop? Does he walk on water, too? I guess it went from a two year rebuild (lol) to changing water into wine.
    Griffin went for Adams and Bledsoe instead of Chris Paul. #Neverforget

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Is that even true? Was Chris Paul on the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Details. They sometimes get in the way. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    For (hopefully) the final time....

Yes, we could have had CP3. And he would have come here, but only if we kept Jrue. So, it would have had to be Lonzo, Miller, JJ, some more filler and the 13th pick. And, that also means re-signing Jrue.

So, its not as simple as Bledsoe and Adams vs CP3. Basically, you would have had to go with a top heavy CP3-Jrue-Ingram-Zion core. No real money to add a center. Thin team, wouldnt have gotten all the Milwaukee picks and swaps, and you would have to give Jrue the 4/160 like Milwaukee did plus it looks like 3/100+ for CP3

Now, would I do it? Yes. But there is still a solid argument for not doing it - especially if you just do the original Jrue trade and dont do the stupid Adams one
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information