Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: May 16th - New Orleans Pelicans VS LA Lakers - 31-40 - SEASON CLOSER

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    No matter how he plays, teams are gonna look at him as an expiring with a tiny bit of dead money. And regardless of play, he will be a slight neg asset this summer and possibly a slight positive at the deadline - but I dont think Griff has the patience to wait until then.
    The way he was talking, things are definitely being moved for shooters this off season

Pick is as good as gone. Unless he's targeting Kispert

Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart385 View Post
    Nice hearing what Griff said about their shooting. It's just talk for now but it was strong talk.
    What he say? I missed it

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    They’re about to get clobbered in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    What he say? I missed it
    He quoted a sign someone he respected had in their office, "you can never have to many shooters".

He said they didn't have enough this year and it won't be a problem they have in the future.

The PnR defense is just dreadful. Any time Pelicans guards/wings fight over screens, there is 0 help from the bigs. There is 0 rotation. Just instant death. No coordination whatsoever.

Thats all on coaching.

Nice hearing what Griff said about their shooting. It's just talk for now but it was strong talk.
    Griffin said Cotton Fitzsimmons was a big mentor and influence on him.

Griffin also said Cotton had a sign saying "you can never have too many shooters" over his desk

Griffin also failed to get any shooters last off-season and said "we won't make that mistake again."

This is highly incongruent to me
    Last edited by AusPel; 05-16-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    No matter how he plays, teams are gonna look at him as an expiring with a tiny bit of dead money. And regardless of play, he will be a slight neg asset this summer and possibly a slight positive at the deadline - but I dont think Griff has the patience to wait until then.
    I do agree that he will have more value at mid-year with that 4MM buyout looming at the end of the year. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if we kept him around just so we could exercise that option. There are some interesting free agency possibilities in '22. (There are a lot of elite players who can opt out of their contracts)

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Griffin also said Cotton had a sign saying "you can never have too many shooters" over his desk

Griffin also failed to get any shooters last off-season and said "we won't make that mistake again."

More optimistic than practical I think. He banked on JJ, Melli, and probably NAW being way more effective from deep than they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    More optimistic than practical I think. He banked on JJ, Melli, and probably NAW being way more effective from deep than they were.
    Maybe

Griffin also failed to get any shooters last off-season

I took it as an admittance of a mistake along with a promise to fix it. Hopefully, he does. I think everyone would be happy to see them focus on it this offseason.

I took it as an admittance of a mistake along with a promise to fix it. Hopefully, he does. I think everyone would be happy to see them focus on it this offseason.
    In a dicey offseason that's super difficult to improve in trade and free agency.

Griffin must be feeling the warmth/pressure , because there are no real answer for that outside of the top 6 of the draft

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I do agree that he will have more value at mid-year with that 4MM buyout looming at the end of the year. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if we kept him around just so we could exercise that option. There are some interesting free agency possibilities in '22. (There are a lot of elite players who can opt out of their contracts)
    It would shock me if he wasnt dealt this summer. Griff isnt all about value right now. He is going to put together as good of a team as he can going into training camp. Only way Bledsoe is here is if literally nobody is selling this summer
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    In a dicey offseason that's super difficult to improve in trade and free agency.

Griffin must be feeling the warmth/pressure , because there are no real answer for that outside of the top 6 of the draft
    Kispert is projected around the 8-12 mark

Kispert is projected around the 8-12 mark
    If we stay there and use it, that's the guy I want.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    great...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Pels life

Another Double Double for H'Gomez!!

Bulls win, SAC loses, we lose. Three way tie.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Pels life

********ing hell

Christ. Can we catch a break? Hopefully Jax is okay

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah I agree. Whatever else is true, I don't think he expected career 41.6% 3pt shooter JJ Redick, who had just come off a season shooting 45.3% from 3 on high volume, to suddenly shoot 29.8% from 3 for the first 17 games of the year or so. And you can't really blame him for that: banking on JJ Redick being a good shooter has been a safe bet for well over a decade, and he even shot well (39.5%) in his 13 games played with the Grizz at the end of the season too. He just shot badly for us for this year.

Not sure how anyone could blame Griff for that particular misstep. And NAW as well, he's been very good from deep for a good stretch of time now, he just started the year poorly.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Christ. Can we catch a break? Hopefully Jax is okay
    That's my concern. The way Gasol defended that was wholly illegitimate imo.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Confirmed it’s his knee not ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Bulls win, SAC loses, we lose. Three way tie.
    Yep. And with that comes a 20.3% chance at a top 4 pick and a 4.5% chance for the #1 overall.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yep. And with that comes a 20.3% chance at a top 4 pick and a 4.5% chance for the #1 overall.
    They don’t do tie-breakers?

Thread Information