Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: May 16th - New Orleans Pelicans VS LA Lakers - 31-40 - SEASON CLOSER

Pelicans May 16th - New Orleans Pelicans VS LA Lakers - 31-40 - SEASON CLOSER

Final game of the season, this time at home, against the Los Angeles Lakers, who have seen Lebron return and put up 24/7/8 on 50% shooting in 28 minutes for his return win against Indiana last night. AD put up 28/10/5 as he seems to be getting his legs back under him as well; at just the right time for them, of course.

For us, all of the usual suspects will be missing the game - the Lakers will move up to the 6th seed tonight if Portland loses and Dallas wins, avoiding the play ins. As a result, there's good reason to suspect that Lebron and AD will play and they will be trying to win.

Other Games: Two big ones tonight: Bulls vs Bucks and Kings vs Jazz. If we lose and Bulls/Kings both win, we move into joint 8th pick with the Bulls and the Kings don't move up with us, making it only a two way tie. If we win, we are stuck at 9th no matter what happens with Bulls/Kings. Both of these wins are unlikely: Bucks and Jazz are good teams, but perhaps there's some chance of rest for some guys?
    Basketball.

Do we continue to tank for lotto balls or would it be better for us to put Lakers in a play in game?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Do we continue to tank for lotto balls or would it be better for us to put Lakers in a play in game?
    I don't think it matters because in a game where Lebron is serious and we're missing basically the entire starting lineup and the 6th man, winning is a pipe dream.

But let's say that we could control it and choose to win, it wouldn't matter because the odds of the 7th seed Lakers losing multiple play-in games to teams like Memphis are super low, which is what would need to happen, for them to miss the playoffs and we'd have to get lucky with their pick jumping up into the top 4 for us to get it. So much very specific stuff, all of it unlikely, would have to happen for us winning to benefit us.

By comparison, us just losing is
    A) much more likely and
    B) Higher in probability in helping us

The Blazers have the tie breaker no?

Surely Bledsoe can’t screw this night up. Not on Kutch night at the blender?

Lol NBA gave us Scott Foster to end the season tonight. Break out your check book again Griff.

https://official.nba.com/referee-assignments/

If Denver wins they will play the Lakers. If they lose against Portland they will play Portland. I think they should prefer to see Lakers at the 7th spot so they should let Portland win

Spurs take a late lead. Wow

Wow... Basketball gods just letting us how it be. Win stupid games. Win stupid draft picks
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-16-2021 at 03:15 PM.

E'Twaun Moore screwing us over. How poetic

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Too busy with Mass Effect. What’s happening with Moore? How is it relevant? They’re beating someon we need to win?

If Phoenix would have lost, Utah could have rested everyone tonight and maybe Sacto would have beat them. But....of course not
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Too busy with Mass Effect. What’s happening with Moore? How is it relevant? They’re beating someon we need to win?
    What's your class. I'm Manning Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He got the game winner that kept Sun's alive for the 1st seed. So, Jazz can't rest vs. King

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    E'Twaun Moore screwing us over. How poetic
    Monty too!

He got the game winner that kept Sun's alive for the 1st seed. So, Jazz can't rest vs. King

With his last four performances, Bledsoe may be helping us by increasing his value, if we do get an opportunity to move him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What's your class. I'm Manning Vanguard
    Adept. It sucks in the 1st game. But it becomes really fun in the 2nd and 3rd games.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    With his last four performances, Bledsoe may be helping us by increasing his value, if we do get an opportunity to move him.
    GMs arent that stupid. A few not terrible games at the end of the year when guys you have never heard of are having 25 and 30 point nights arent gonna mean jack

Griffin being a lot more candid than usual

If you're doubting Naji Marshall as a legit NBA player at this point, something is really wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If you're doubting Naji Marshall as a legit NBA player at this point, something is really wrong with you.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    GMs arent that stupid. A few not terrible games at the end of the year when guys you have never heard of are having 25 and 30 point nights arent gonna mean jack
    Oh, I realize that. I was thinking more about moving him without attaching an arm and a leg to do it.

Nice hearing what Griff said about their shooting. It's just talk for now but it was strong talk.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Oh, I realize that. I was thinking more about moving him without attaching an arm and a leg to do it.
    No matter how he plays, teams are gonna look at him as an expiring with a tiny bit of dead money. And regardless of play, he will be a slight neg asset this summer and possibly a slight positive at the deadline - but I dont think Griff has the patience to wait until then.

Thread Information