Pelicans Report

Thread: Marv Albert to Retire After Playoffs

NBA Marv Albert to Retire After Playoffs

With Chris Webber not getting a contract for next year as a commentator, this means that both Webber and Albert will be gone from NBA broadcasting next season onwards.

I see nothing but good things from this.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

With Chris Webber not getting a contract for next year as a commentator, this means that both Webber and Albert will be gone from NBA broadcasting next season onwards.

I see nothing but good things from this.
    Very good news. They were horrible this year. Marv used to be very good IMO but his time has come. He was making so many mistakes that it was hard to listen and Webber has always been horrible

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Very good news. They were horrible this year. Marv used to be very good IMO but his time has come. He was making so many mistakes that it was hard to listen and Webber has always been horrible
    Marv should never have been allowed back into the commentary booth after he plead guilty to assaulting a woman in 1997, in my opinion. That's before we even get to his commentary which has been appalling for years now. Can't keep any of the players on the court straight, doesn't know who plays for most teams, very rarely has any idea what's going on.

Man I was hoping we would be talking about who we would play in the playoffs not Perv Albert. It is what it is I guess. Fix it now Griff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Marv should never have been allowed back into the commentary booth after he plead guilty to assaulting a woman in 1997, in my opinion. That's before we even get to his commentary which has been appalling for years now. Can't keep any of the players on the court straight, doesn't know who plays for most teams, very rarely has any idea what's going on.
    I didn’t know about the assault. How come he was allowed back ?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I didn’t know about the assault. How come he was allowed back ?
    It was a big deal in 97, and he was suspended. The world was different back then. You paid and undisclosed amount of money, and kept your job.

He was great as a commentator prior to that. He really was the voice of the NBA. That transgression really took something out of him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information