Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: May 14th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 31-39

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Just got to say it... Elite Speed just doesn't make a good basketball player in a half court sport.

It's just what it is. Kira ceiling looks like a role player.. And honestly... It's a huge need, but do need a starting caliber solution. It's why I wasn't a fan of drafting a guard this past year. I was hoping we tank for an elite guard prospect(Green/Suggs/Etc) in this year draft, but I underestimate how many tankers there are this year. Which is a sign of a very very good draft when you have teams desperate to tank.
    #FadeForCade
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If we was really tanking... We would not have taken the lead
    Well we can’t make it too obvious. We gotta look like we’re at least trying to compete

Yeah too bad about Kira. He's 52 games into his NBA career, half of which spent at age 19, and his fate is sealed. It's a wrap. Kinda like Jax earlier in the season.

This forum continues to impress with the bbal knowledge. It's impeccable.

Really like Jax being confident to take those 3s. He should have a mandate to take at least 2 -3 each game now on.

Kira simply is not as good as the PG picked 13 spots after him and, IMO, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Well we can’t make it too obvious. We gotta look like we’re at least trying to compete
    *Looks at OKC, Magic, Hou, TOR*

Yeahhhhh.... Can't be too obvious. Idk... Those lottery balls really tend to selectively avoid tankers for some reason. Lol

Remember Bobcat winning 7 games and losing the AD Sweepstakes to draft MKG in between AD and Beal. Lmao...

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Kira simply is not as good as the PG picked 13 spots after him and, IMO, never will be.
    I'm not seeing a big difference. Am I missing something?

https://www.nba.com/stats/vs/#!/?Pla...ayerID=1630184

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I'm not seeing a big difference. Am I missing something?

https://www.nba.com/stats/vs/#!/?Pla...ayerID=1630184
    You'll find the difference in the bit where Pritchard is shooting 45% from the floor and and 42% from 3, as opposed to Kira's 38/33 splits.

That being said, Kira is four whole years younger so if Pritchard wasn't better right now that would be pretty pathetic for him, honestly. Pritchard is also in a better team context where he's never really asked to be the lead ball handler at any point, whereas Kira has been given a lot of weird late game garbage minutes with random lineups. That's improved lately as Kira has gotten more time with the actual roster guys, mostly over the last few weeks, but it is what it is.

I cant remember the last time the pelicans won a lottery coin flip. They lost to Sacramento last year. And I believe they lost the one before that.

The next Bulls game against the Nets, it's confirmed that Durant, Harden, and Kyrie will all play.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I cant remember the last time the pelicans won a lottery coin flip.
    See Zion Williamson.

The ideal outcome tomorrow looks like a Nets win and a Bucks loss. Then the Bucks will be locked into the 3rd seed in the east.

They then would have no reason to play starters against the Bulls in the final game.

Also want the Lakers to win so they have something to play for the final game. Dont want a repeat where we have a bunch of try hard kids playing at home against a Lakers team who rests everybody.

Also want the Spurs to beat the Suns so that the Jazz can rest on the final day against the Kings

Rooting for the Bulls, Lakers, Heat, and Spurs today
    @mcnamara247

Really coming down to the wire.

Thread Information