Pelicans Report

Page 96 of 157 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Welp... We got make a move for another big. James Johnson signed with the Nets. Don't have a backup PF

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    At this point in time this sounds more like a conspiracy theory than an actual plan the Pelicans have. Have any of you heard anything about an expanded trade. If that is the plan it is a well kept secret. And as he correctly pointed out giving up a first in the Graham trade was reprehensible.
    I would bet that we get back a first from somewhere else in the coming days. I understand the necessity to make consistent content, and I like Jake, but can we wait until the dust settles to call something reprehensible. That being said, if we don't replace the first, I will be pretty frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I would bet that we get back a first from somewhere else in the coming days. I understand the necessity to make consistent content, and I like Jake, but can we wait until the dust settles to call something reprehensible. That being said, if we don't replace the first, I will be pretty frustrated
    Idk... He's pretty right regardless if he waited or didn't wait to put out this content. Giving a pick so that Charolette can be a trade wagon for other moves makes sense. There was no way Hornets where matching, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Idk... He's pretty right regardless if he waited or didn't wait to put out this content. Giving a pick so that Charolette can be a trade wagon for other moves makes sense. There was no way Hornets where matching, anyway.
    I firmly disagree. All signs coming out of Charlotte were that they would match on Graham unless they were blown away. 4/47 is by no means blowing them away, and if anything it's a pretty nice value signing. While you can make the argument that we should have given them a second, you have to also factor in the value of facilitating a sign and trade and incorporating a 3rd team. Charlotte doesn't have to play ball if they don't want to, so you have to give them value back in order to do so. That is why there is definitely another move coming. Otherwise, we would have likely seen Sato and the 2nd go to Charlotte for Graham

Saw elsewhere that Pels one of several teams interested in Danny Green.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Saw elsewhere that Pels one of several teams interested in Danny Green.
    I'll believe when I see it. All of these guys who are trying to get more money are trying to use teams like the Pelicans to squeeze out some more money from teams they intend to sign with. We're brought up because we have cap to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I'll believe when I see it. All of these guys who are trying to get more money are trying to use teams like the Pelicans to squeeze out some more money from teams they intend to sign with. We're brought up because we have cap to burn.
    Wouldn't doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Yea our next move won't be a FA. It will be through a trade

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Sharife can't shoot, but we still should have taken him
    I don't know if I'd let 12 games determine whether or not a player can shoot.

Lmao
    Basketball.

Welp... We got make a move for another big. James Johnson signed with the Nets. Don't have a backup PF
    That sucks. Would have loved to have him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Lmao
    , kawhi rim bounce game winner really did broke that franchise.

Once a player can no longer command a big salary, they all generally look to end their careers on perennial contending teams. I never expected to retain him.

Anybody find it the least bit strange that neither Langdon or Griff has said anything about Jonas yet? They spoke extensively on Trey Murphy, so it's not like they're not talking about pieces of that trade until it's finalized. I wonder if Jonas is still included in some talks

Anybody find it the least bit strange that neither Langdon or Griff has said anything about Jonas yet? They spoke extensively on Trey Murphy, so it's not like they're not talking about pieces of that trade until it's finalized. I wonder if Jonas is still included in some talks
    The league made an exception for draft picks. They however did not for players who are part of a trade.

He is 23 years old. If he were on another team and we had just acquired him. many would be raving about the player we got. However, I understand that when a player leaves, we have to justify by making ridiculous comments like he has peaked at 23.
    For argument purposes about not peaking at a young age just for the sake of argument, of course it can be argued to death that he?s only turning 24. Until he turns 25, 26, 27, and excuses can?t be made anymore. It?s better for the Bulls to use up cap on the strength of hoping he advances from being average. Watching Lonzo play for 4 seasons now as a former no. 2 overall pick, he?s not that guy period.

Could have used a better word there.

What is the over under that the trades with Memphis and Charlotte stand on their own and will not be expanded to include other pieces with other teams? I would say the odds are we have a finished product.

What is the over under that the trades with Memphis and Charlotte stand on their own and will not be expanded to include other pieces with other teams? I would say the odds are we have a finished product.
    It's always more probable that a trade is simpler rather than more complex. The odds are that the trades are what they are, simply because straight up trades are easier and more frequent than complex multiteam deals.

This may sound ridiculous, but the news we got out of the Jones pick was that he was picked for name/local recognition for our new G League team in Birmingham with him being from Bama.

So, we throw away all our 2nd round picks in historically deep draft in my opinion for cash and our G league team hype player. I'm only salty about it, because I really liked this past year draft and the organization kind of punted it away for nonsense.

I get people will argue that 2nd round is a low quality pick, but I felt there was atleast 5 developmental guys that could of been impact players in a few years at bargain bin prices. Butler, Cooper, Thor, and couple of others.

Most of time... I don't care for 2nd round players, but this year was different.

I don't live in New Orleans but what is the prevailing thoughts among local beat writers after yesterday?

I don't live in New Orleans but what is the prevailing thoughts among local beat writers after yesterday?
    Just wait and see, but mostly head scratching without all the moves to make sense of it all.

This may sound ridiculous, but the news we got out of the Jones pick was that he was picked for name/local recognition for our new G League team in Birmingham with him being from Bama.

So, we throw away all our 2nd round picks in historically deep draft in my opinion for cash and our G league team hype player. I'm only salty about it, because I really liked this past year draft and the organization kind of punted it away for nonsense.

I get people will argue that 2nd round is a low quality pick, but I felt there was atleast 5 developmental guys that could of been impact players in a few years at bargain bin prices. Butler, Cooper, Thor, and couple of others.

Most of time... I don't care for 2nd round players, but this year was different.
    Most of the draft guys I trust really like Herb Jones and liked the Herb Jones pick at 35, specifically for what the Pelicans need. I've already gone over all of the reasons why it was important to take a 22 year old who is a jumper away from being a role player with the current state of the franchise

He is 23 years old. If he were on another team and we had just acquired him. many would be raving about the player we got. However, I understand that when a player leaves, we have to justify by making ridiculous comments like he has peaked at 23.
    I would be extremely disappointed if we signed Lonzo to $21 million a year if he was a UFA of another team. Still signing a player based on risky potential after putting up underwhelming production. It would?ve felt like signing Morris Peterson or Omer Asik to big money because we want to pay them of how they Can or might perform, rather than based on their actual play.

Look at all the Guards drafted in the top 5 after Lonzo?s draft year 2017. The ones that became stars did so by their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seasons. Edwards (2020), LaMelo (2020), Morant (2019), Doncic (2018), and Trae (2018).

DeAaron Fox and Donovan Mitchell were selected after Lonzo in same draft at #5 and #13. And they?re considered top 20 players in the league. We?re talking about a no. 2 overall pick going into year 5 now, not a bottom top 10 or later lottery pick. There’s early 2nd round picks from the same draft years that has outperformed Lonzo now. Without Lonzo’s dad and reality TV fame, everyone would have called him average by now.
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 08-03-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Thread Information