Pelicans Report

Page 94 of 157 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Brogdon, Buddy or Barnes would be great. Seems like that could use Hart, Sato and maybe a 1st to do it for Brogdon or Buddy. Barnes just flip for Hart and Sato.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Im not satisfied with this. Dreams of getting Brogdon have vanished...
    Graham is cheap but he is not the solution. I would rather play him as 6th man. He gives us same thing Lonzo did, with worse defense. I didn't want Lonzo back so i am happy with that, and i think Sato is underrated part of that deal. However, paying a 1st to sign a player that Hornets didn't even want is quite bad.
    We didn't improve defense, we didn't improve "guard attacking the rim" part of our rotation.
    We have the same team we had last year, only thing that can help us is if young guys improve (NAW and Kira, since Hayes is now a big question).

All things said, im still happy we didn't throw some retarded monster contract like other teams did for Fournier/Powell/Allen...
    Waiting to see what are the numbers for Temple, hopefully not more than vet min...
    Getting rid of Bled and Adams improved our team considerable and adding JV and Graham are nice. I do agree that Graham should be the 6th man coming off the bench and we need one or two more players that could help us really compete. But I'm not really mad at what Griff has done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Getting rid of Bled and Adams improved our team considerable and adding JV and Graham are nice. I do agree that Graham should be the 6th man coming off the bench and we need one or two more players that could help us really compete. But I'm not really mad at what Griff has done so far.
    I'm not mad either actually I'm quite optimistic and I don't understand why so many people are melting right now. Mistakes were made but they were corrected (who never makes mistakes?)

Right now the situation looks like that:
    - ZION a rising star who will be here for at least one more contract
    - Ingram an all star who wants to be here
    - Graham a much cheaper version of Lonzo with less potential but I like his fit better and yes he is much cheaper and yes he seems to be happy to be a Pelican
    - bunch of promising young players: NAW, Hayes. Kira, Murphy
    - ZERO bad contract, zero negative assets
    - we still have draft picks and swaps (if the glass man gets injured and Lakers fail it will get even better)
    - we still have cap space to sign somebody and we will have flexibility in the near future

IMO we are in a very good situation and it should be exciting to be a Pels fan now

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    I think a Josh Hart S&T for CJ McCollum makes sense for both teams. We want scoring/shooting and blazers reportedly wanted a defensive minded guard next to Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    I think a Josh Hart S&T for CJ McCollum makes sense for both teams. We want scoring/shooting and blazers reportedly wanted a defensive minded guard next to Dame.
    Do you REALLY think that makes sense for both teams or are you a Pelicans fan and want a miracle like that? Because my gut tells me that if you were a fan of literally any other team, you wouldnt think that is remotely close to fair
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    It's very possible to bring in Buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    If buddy has about 3 years making 20per left and we really want him then I'm confused why we just wouldn't give it to dinwiddie? Unless it means guys don't really want to come here or maybe it was the relationship with beal that made him choose washington.
    Buddy is actually worth that much and Dinwiddie isn't... Hield has a career 3pt percentage of 40.6 and Dinwiddie is 31.8. I prefer what the Pelicans did in signing Graham to a reasonable contract than overpaying for Dinwiddie. And if the Pelicans can land Hield, that means we come out of free agency with a team that actually makes sense. Damn that would be awesome.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Lonzo was fine being in New Orleans. Liked his teammates and his coaches.

But he didnt want to be a 3 and D in the half court. So, no....he didnt want to be here
    I'll be curious to see how much this changes. Lavine is an incredibly high usage guy, and Vucevic was a top 30 guy in terms of usage when he got to Chicago (was a top 20 guy for Orlando). For those 26 games he was on par with Harden, BI, Ja Morant, etc. Coby White isn't a slouch with wanting the ball either. It's not like he went to a team that's lacking high usage guys.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Literally the one move I don’t care for is including the 1st. What can happen next to make giving that up too make sense? Did Griffin blink when Charlotte called his bluff? Just have to continue waiting it out.

Still. Graham is interesting. Let’s see what happens.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 08-03-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Peaked as a shooter. At the rate of his improvement, Lonzo won?t be possibly worth $21 million per year until the end of the contract. Way too slow of development with our core players trying to win now. Too slow for a no. 2 overall pick when Zion is dominant from day 1, or Ingram progressing into an AS in his 2nd and 3rd year. Or even his brother Melo as a rookie
    He is 23 years old. If he were on another team and we had just acquired him. many would be raving about the player we got. However, I understand that when a player leaves, we have to justify by making ridiculous comments like he has peaked at 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    LiterLly the one move I don’t care Dor is including the 1st. What can happen. Next to make giving they up too make sense? Did Griffin blink when Charlotte called his bluff? Just have to continue waiting it out.

Still. Graham is interesting. Let’s see what happens.
    There was another deal worked out for Graham and then an opportunity came up and we switched it to a protected 1st. Like I keep saying, lets let the whole thing play out and evaluate as a while. I expect Hart and Sato out and a starter plus 2-3 good reserves in over the next few days. Then we can all give our opinions as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    This will be his 5th season, he?s getting paid like an AS but hasn?t played like an AS. Rather the Bulls pay than the Pels
    Might want to check NBA salaries again.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Money talks.
    And yet, Bobby Portis stayed in MIL for $4.5M/yr.

There was another deal worked out for Graham and then an opportunity came up and we switched it to a protected 1st. Like I keep saying, lets let the whole thing play out and evaluate as a while. I expect Hart and Sato out and a starter plus 2-3 good reserves in over the next few days. Then we can all give our opinions as a whole
    Intrigued what this previous deal was and what opportunity arose that made us switch it to a protected first.

I've been predicting this since we traded Zo. No way we restrict Hart and trade for Sato without a plan to get rid of those two at the very least. For a starter level SG maybe? Then sign Millsap and someone else. That's my prediction

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    They add a good wing starter and somehow they immediately win me back over. Such a strange team to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post

At some point today, you're going to see Hart traded for a $20 million guy and a protected first in either 2022 or 2023

Pels Off season thread

Ingles name popping up again as possibly available on Hoopshype. No ties to Pels yet but day is still young!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Intrigued what this previous deal was and what opportunity arose that made us switch it to a protected first.
    Previous deal was likely the one reported of Lonzo to the Bulls, Graham to the Pels, and Sato to the Hornets, with a few other small pieces moving around. Not sure why it seems the Pels have so much trouble keeping things in house, but they sure have had an inordinate amount of leaks this summer, from the Grizzlies trade to the Trey Murphy pick and now this Graham deal

We're gonna look back on this Graham deal in 4 years and think it was an absolute steal. So surprised that, for now, there's no PO. Now the question is whether the acquisition cost was worth it. We'll find out in the next 36 hours

Ingles and Mills pls

Brad Daugherty on NBA radio right now criticizing Chicago for giving Lonzo that much money. Says Lonzo can't even get his own shot. He also simultaneously criticized New Orleans because "I have no idea what they're doing". LOL

Also said he doesn't think either team got better from this deal. Yeah. Duh. New Orleans isn't going to get better purely from letting Lonzo go for 2 bench players. They also don't get better by bringing him back, so what's the point of that comment? You can't look at their entire offseason based off that one transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    And yet, Bobby Portis stayed in MIL for $4.5M/yr.
    Odd outlier. The expectation is that there is a promise to pay him when they get bird rights. Huge risk for him though. Porter took less from Warriors as well to try and increase his future value.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Previous deal was likely the one reported of Lonzo to the Bulls, Graham to the Pels, and Sato to the Hornets, with a few other small pieces moving around. Not sure why it seems the Pels have so much trouble keeping things in house, but they sure have had an inordinate amount of leaks this summer, from the Grizzlies trade to the Trey Murphy pick and now this Graham deal
    It was also reported at one time that Markannen was going to Hornets. Maybe they could not reach an agreement with him if that was the case.

I don't really care what anyone thinks about our offseason. At the end of the day, if the Pelicans can put together a complimentary roster for Zion and BI, add the necessary spacing, IQ, ball security, free throw shooting, and defense, I will feel really good about this squad. I am hoping we field an offense as one of the top spacing offenses in the league. I'm patiently waiting for the next several moves to judge Griffin and Langdon on their vision for this offseason.

Thread Information