Pelicans Report

Page 93 of 157 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I still can't believe John Collins and ATL haven't come to some kind of agreement.

Collins is really good!

Last season:

Age 23
    30/12/2 per 100s

64.5%TS (has never shot worse than 60%TS in his career) including 40% from 3 for the second consecutive season (3.5 per game)
    Better than 75% at the rim for the second consecutive year
    65th in the NBA in EPM, including being pretty neutral on defense
    +2.7 RAPTOR, tied with Devin Booker for 44th in the NBA

Just really top tier production for such a young player, and he's not a huge defensive liability anymore either. And this year he was playing a reduced role despite not being happy with Trae's ball dominance, still putting up those numbers. He's really good.
    He probably wants near a max.

MM can you tell us anything about what the FO is doing regarding adding on to these Trades?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    You don't think its possible for a 23 year to get better as a shooter?
    Its possible but I wouldnt bet on it and Im glad the Pelicans didnt either. Zo has had a weird looking shot since forever. Last season was his best shooting percentage ever, maybe he keeps getting better but its just as likely that he regresses to his mean.

I agree.

If the options from hereon out are sign inflated, over-long contracts to players that don't deserve them, or just go forward with what we have, I'd go forward with what we have.
    I think we’re fine with what we have with 2 elite players, all-star talent Center, and two potential breakout 2nd and 3rd year Guards.

Trading that FRP has me wishing we can sign DeRozan or Oladipo on a one year/16 mill type of Julius Randle/Pels deal to make up for losing that. But I’d be fine with just re-signing Hart on a cheap one year deal and a good backup big. Our roster is really good as is.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    He probably wants near a max.
    He's produced at a rate that has earned near a max. And they've improved as a team with him playing precisely that role.

Oh no, the 23 year old top 60 player putting up 20/10 on 65%TS wants near a max!
    Basketball.

This has been a reflection of where this franchise is at the moment. You have a group of men sitting in a room and men running in and out of the room saying "wait a little longer". Five years later the same event occurs. We are in sell mode gentleman. Is this a broker group, a used dealership or a basketball franchise?

He's produced at a rate that has earned near a max. And they've improved as a team with him playing precisely that role.

Oh no, the 23 year old top 60 player putting up 20/10 on 65%TS wants near a max!
    Hey I didn't say he wasn't deserving. Atlanta probably doesn't think so.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    We are such a depressive fanbase
    Look at past history, and it's not hard to imagine why.

Lonzo will be 24 when the season starts. He’s a seasoned player already. It’s possible to still improve, but $20 mill a year for four years is too much against the cap on hoping for improvement. This will be his 5th season, he’s getting paid like an AS but hasn’t played like an AS. Rather the Bulls pay than the Pels

Past history only instills apathy for me. If nothing changes and everything is truly the same, why waste my emotional energy at all? It ain't changing much. I'm just on this ride until it inevitably ends which feels like forever so I'm putting my feet up and sitting it out.

No need to be depressed.

One can only hope there is a plan here. Unknown to most of us but one about to spring. Problem is most of us just don't see it. Desperation is not a plan really.

I think he absolutely will which he has every year and I don?t see that all the sudden coming to a vault at such a young age. Not to mention he is like 2 years into a new shooting form something he had his whole life. I think his 3pt% can hover around 40% but he can really make improvements in others areas like his FT% and FG%. Just making slight improvements on those 2 each year will be an improvement. I think the Bulls will have a pretty dynamic backcourt and Lonzo might be a better fit with their roster then he is here.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    OK NolaJake don't you go getting my hopes up for Brogdon again. Damn you.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    Past history only instills apathy for me. If nothing changes and everything is truly the same, why waste my emotional energy at all? It ain't changing much. I'm just on this ride until it inevitably ends which feels like forever so I'm putting my feet up and sitting it out.

No need to be depressed.
    Why? We currently have 2 rising super stars that are 21 and 23 years old.. We have the 2 hardest things 2 get in this league and we have some nice young players that can make some serious jumps to go along with them. We have the best core group and youngest group then we have ever had while not being tired into a bunch of expensive contracts for old players that we had to beg with $ to come here. If Zion leaves for nothing then sure don’t waste any emotional energy. We have nothing but to be excited about the future from here and I don’t see how the past has anything to do with it. Did it negatively impact the Bucks the last few years? Many teams have 1 star/superstar but the teams that have 2 stars/superstars are all older and considered super teams. I would say we are sitting in a very good position right now and building around that doesn’t happen overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    OK NolaJake don't you go getting my hopes up for Brogdon again. Damn you.
    Man adding Brogdon would be huge! I like our starting lineup but adding him makes me love it not only for the starters but just makes our bench and rotations that much better as well.

Grant Hill is available

Do we know what happens to our 22 pick if it doesn't convey? Or the Laker one for that matter?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Do we know what happens to our 22 pick if it doesn't convey? Or the Laker one for that matter?
    The Laker one becomes 2 seconds. I don't know about our 22 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I hope there is more to come. That’s all I can say. So, the nearly $20 million guys floating out there for possible trade include Brogdon, Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, CJ McCollum, and Bojan Bogdanovic. Porzingis and Simmons are also likely available but out of that price range.

With us not being able to trade our 1st round pick until 2024, Buddy Hield makes the most sense at this point.

Griffin appears to be significantly emptying the chest this off season by trading the 1st rounder for Graham. This very much could be Demps 2.0 if things don’t work out.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-03-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Im not satisfied with this. Dreams of getting Brogdon have vanished...
    Graham is cheap but he is not the solution. I would rather play him as 6th man. He gives us same thing Lonzo did, with worse defense. I didn't want Lonzo back so i am happy with that, and i think Sato is underrated part of that deal. However, paying a 1st to sign a player that Hornets didn't even want is quite bad.
    We didn't improve defense, we didn't improve "guard attacking the rim" part of our rotation.
    We have the same team we had last year, only thing that can help us is if young guys improve (NAW and Kira, since Hayes is now a big question).

All things said, im still happy we didn't throw some retarded monster contract like other teams did for Fournier/Powell/Allen...
    Waiting to see what are the numbers for Temple, hopefully not more than vet min...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If the Pelicans can somehow add buddy hield, then we can declare the off-season a big success. I don?t know how possible that is at this point tho

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    If the Pelicans can somehow add buddy hield, then we can declare the off-season a big success. I don?t know how possible that is at this point tho
    It's very possible to bring in Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    MM can you tell us anything about what the FO is doing regarding adding on to these Trades?
    Yes, they are calling all teams involved and asking if they would like for us to add another 1st rounder or two.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

If buddy has about 3 years making 20per left and we really want him then I'm confused why we just wouldn't give it to dinwiddie? Unless it means guys don't really want to come here or maybe it was the relationship with beal that made him choose washington.

Thread Information