Pelicans Report

Page 92 of 157 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

I’d rather see other teams destroy their cap than to see Griff throwing out terrible contracts just to make a move
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 08-02-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Mixed feelings for Porter.

On the one hand, playing with the Warriors is the best case scenario for him to restore some value. He's a 44% shooter on C&S threes over the last 5 years, even with the injuries, and he won't be required to guard anyone's top guy.

On the other hand, considering his injury history his agent's probably annoyed as hell that he turned down MLE money for a min.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    I’d rather see other teams destroy their cap than to see Griff is throwing out terrible contracts just to make a move
    I agree.

If the options from hereon out are sign inflated, over-long contracts to players that don't deserve them, or just go forward with what we have, I'd go forward with what we have.

I’d rather see other teams destroy their cap than to see Griff is throwing out terrible contracts just to make a move
    I agree. Not mad at the moves so far, just disappointed in trading 2 1sts for a team that can’t attract free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I agree. Not mad at the moves so far, just disappointed in trading 2 1sts for a team that can’t attract free agents.
    Agree. I like the Graham signing and especially his contract. I just did not like giving up our 1st next year. It also restricts us in trades a bit as we cannot trade a 1st until 2024 now.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So, you have made that declaration for a player who is 23?
    Yes either his development is lethargic going into his 5th year, or he is who he is

That's a hefty escalation for an award SGA is almost guaranteed to hit at some point in the next few years

Yeah, too rich for my blood.

Yes either his development is lethargic going into his 5th year, or he is who he is
    So, he had improved each year, but suddenly you declare he has peaked? Not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, too rich for my blood.
    Actually less than I thought he would get, but agree it is a bit rich. I thought Griffin would go pretty high.

Hall of Famer
    We supposedly offered Lowry more.
    Lowry was never coming. Miami has South beach and pat Riley and Eric spoelstra and Jimmy butler

I think diwinddle would come to New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Lowry was never coming. Miami has South beach and pat Riley and Eric spoelstra and Jimmy butler

I think diwinddle would come to New Orleans
    Yeah, I think if we overpaid him more than the Wizards, he would likely have come. Supposedly he is close with Beal though.

So, he had improved each year, but suddenly you declare he has peaked? Not sure about that.
    I keep hearing this idea, that Ball improved every year of his career, but I don't really know where it's come from. I feel like for every improvement he made in one place, he got worse elsewhere.

For example, this year was his best shooting year of his career, but his worst career year in terms of drives, FTR, and rim frequency.
    Worst REB% year of his career.
    Worst DBPM year of his career
    Lowest self-creation rate of his career

Like, I get that he was at his highest career impact this year, but that was largely just because he had all of the extra responsibility stripped away from him and he was asked to play a much less demanding, less valuable role. Is it improvement to do well in a role that you only have because you got demoted to it? Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure it warrants the effusive praise of ''growth'' I've seen attached to it.

Hall of Famer

Mixed feelings for Porter.

On the one hand, playing with the Warriors is the best case scenario for him to restore some value. He's a 44% shooter on C&S threes over the last 5 years, even with the injuries, and he won't be required to guard anyone's top guy.

On the other hand, considering his injury history his agent's probably annoyed as hell that he turned down MLE money for a min.
    Helps to have curry, but long term doesn't seem smart

I’d rather see other teams destroy their cap than to see Griff throwing out terrible contracts just to make a move
    When in doubt... Look at the Knicks. All that cap space to bring back damn near the same team.

We are such a depressive fanbase

Classy

Peaked as a shooter. At the rate of his improvement, Lonzo won’t be possibly worth $21 million per year until the end of the contract. Way too slow of development with our core players trying to win now. Too slow for a no. 2 overall pick when Zion is dominant from day 1, or Ingram progressing into an AS in his 2nd and 3rd year. Or even his brother Melo as a rookie

I still can't believe John Collins and ATL haven't come to some kind of agreement.

Collins is really good!

Last season:

Age 23
    30/12/2 per 100s

64.5%TS (has never shot worse than 60%TS in his career) including 40% from 3 for the second consecutive season (3.5 per game)
    Better than 75% at the rim for the second consecutive year
    65th in the NBA in EPM, including being pretty neutral on defense
    +2.7 RAPTOR, tied with Devin Booker for 44th in the NBA

Just really top tier production for such a young player, and he's not a huge defensive liability anymore either. And this year he was playing a reduced role despite not being happy with Trae's ball dominance, still putting up those numbers. He's really good.

I agree.

If the options from hereon out are sign inflated, over-long contracts to players that don't deserve them, or just go forward with what we have, I'd go forward with what we have.
    Then, it be nice if stop throwing picks away if that's the plan

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Then, it be nice if stop throwing picks away if that's the plan

Hall of Famer
    Peaked as a shooter. At the rate of his improvement, Lonzo won’t be possibly worth $21 million per year until the end of the contract. Way too slow of development with our core players trying to win now. Too slow for a no. 2 overall pick when Zion is dominant from day 1, or Ingram progressing into an AS in his 2nd and 3rd year. Or even his brother Melo as a rookie
    You don't think its possible for a 23 year to get better as a shooter?

That's a hefty escalation for an award SGA is almost guaranteed to hit at some point in the next few years
    Not how that works
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information