Pelicans Report

Page 90 of 157 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Devonte Graham is who we end up with? Very underwhelmed, but that's the kind of free agents I expected to pull. Disappointed we didn't just draft Sharife Cooper he was there in the 2nd round. I think a lot of teams are going to kick themselves for passing on that kid. He walks into the league as a top 5-7 combination of ball handler and passes. Kids vision, handles, and passing are all elite already.

actually im not going to stress too much about a FRP. doesnt really matter when Tomas "czech jordan" Satoransky is going to make sure that's pick 30 anyway.

PEDRO POWER.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Devonte Graham is who we end up with? Very underwhelmed, but that's the kind of free agents I expected to pull. Disappointed we didn't just draft Sharife Cooper he was there in the 2nd round. I think a lot of teams are going to kick themselves for passing on that kid. He walks into the league as a top 5-7 combination of ball handler and passes. Kids vision, handles, and passing are all elite already.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Speakin' my language. sHARIFE!

He has to be moving Hart right in a S&T? Can't imagine we are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Screw it, why not?

Also, BI doesn't play 48 minutes a game.

Edit: this is partially joking, but in reality what I mean is, I don't really care about nominal positions. Both Ingles and BI can shoot, pass, and handle somewhat. They can both C&S and run a PnR. I don't really care which of them is technically playing which position, but they can take the floor alongside each other in my opinion.
    Well, if we are gonna abandon defense. Might as well just get lights out shooter. Feels like we are going back to Gentry logic. Atleast he's not a guard, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Well, if we are gonna abandon defense. Might as well just get lights out shooter. Feels like we are going back to Gentry logic. Atleast he's not a guard, I suppose.
    Ingles is a perfectly fine team defender! 80th percentile in D-EPM last year. Positive DBPM, +0.5 D-RAPTOR. He's not going to make any all-D teams but he's not bad at all. Good hands, generally solid positioning, decent footwork, knows where to be.

We're definitely not done. We have two trade that haven't been finalized yet with tradable players. So within the next day, we'll see what's gone happen. Plus with still a good amount of money (under the tax) left over we can still sign pretty decent FA's.

So, after this tank season we will have:

Brandon Ingram - 32mil
    Zion Williamson - 13mil
    Devonte Graham - 13mil
    Jaxson Hayes - 7mil
    Kira Lewis - 4mil
    Nickeil Alexander-Walker - 5mil
    Naji Marshall - 2mil
    Trey Murphy III - 2.5mil

~78mil on the books and it will be our last chance to land a big name FA before Zion's max hits the books.

Obviously still more signings to happen, but just some perspective on what the longer game may look like and why Griff went for a cheaper guy in Graham.

Ingles is a perfectly fine team defender! 80th percentile in D-EPM last year. Positive DBPM, +0.5 D-RAPTOR. He's not going to make any all-D teams but he's not bad at all. Good hands, generally solid positioning, decent footwork, knows where to be.
    But we don't have perfectly fine team defenders. The vibe from what I'm getting is that we are about to be an awful defensive team with a blackhole bench... Again.

But I digress on that.

I wonder what happens to Derozan.

I guess there is no market for Derozan. I wonder what he'll go or even get for... Anti-clutch, can't shoot 3s, and poor defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    But we don't have perfectly fine team defenders. The vibe from what I'm getting is that we are about to be an awful defensive team with a blackhole bench... Again.

But I digress on that.

I wonder what happens to Derozan.

I guess there is no market for Derozan. I wonder what he'll go or even get for... Anti-clutch, can't shoot 3s, and poor defender.
    Eh, Idk. Kira and NAW both showed signs last year that they can defend alright - they were inconsistent, but there's moments. Zion wasn't a plus but he's certainly not as bad as people sometimes say, if he takes a normal step he'll probably be fine. Valanciunas is a good defender if used properly, and Naji/Trey/Herb is honestly a pretty solid defensive wing trio, though obviously who gets minutes is up in the air as of yet. Jax, again, lots of defensive progress last year, I have positive thoughts for him this season (assuming things go well and he's playing).

Basically what I'm saying is that I don't think we'll be an elite defensive team but I think we have the pieces to be at least okay. Not bottom 5 again Maybe like, 16th in the league or something. Just fine.

You know, I know most people haven't really watched the Spurs recently because ... y'know, why would you? But DeRozan actually made some good strides in recent years. Wouldn't like his fit on this team, but he's good at basketball!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Malik Monk
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Bucks repeating now

Devonte Graham (''not really a playmaker'') this year: 27%AST, 10%TOV
    Lonzo Ball (the next Magic Johnson) this year: 25%AST, 14%TOV

okay.

Devonte is also, I repeat, a much better defender than some people seem to think. 68th percentile in D-EPM this year, +0.2. For comparison, Lonzo was +0.7 this year, 77th percentile. Not a huge amount better.
    People having problems with this trade but apparently being ok with paying Lonzo 20 mil a year genuinely confuse me.

Hart + picks in a double S&T for DeRozan?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    We're definitely not done. We have two trade that haven't been finalized yet with tradable players. So within the next day, we'll see what's gone happen. Plus with still a good amount of money (under the tax) left over we can still sign pretty decent FA's.
    But FA has been open for almost 6 hours....we must be done
    @mcnamara247

Otto Porter for part of the MLE would be nice. Wonder if we are looking to trade for Barnes. He could play backup BI and Zion or play in a lineup with both. He is a good veteran presence, good defender and shooter. He fills a need. However, unless they are just looking to unload his contract or really like Hart, could be a tough deal to pull off.

Oh look, someone who actually seems like they want to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    People having problems with this trade but apparently being ok with paying Lonzo 20 mil a year genuinely confuse me.
    Yeah it's weird. I get being annoyed with the first, I really do, but overall it's really not that bad. It's not like Graham is useless or something, and he's not expensive, and the fit makes sense.

I'm fine with today's dealings. Even the lotto protection on the Graham is deep enough. I'd be literally sick if they had signed Lonzo for that Chicago contract here.

Now if they can top it off with adding Dinwiddie at less than $20 mil count me satisfied. Buddy Heild is probably a pipe dream.

Dinwiddie/Graham/Kira/NAW would be a pretty material transformation of the weakest part of this team last year and a solid guard rotation with upside. You could even hold Dinwiddie out of b2b games and have a good excuse to give Kira those minutes.

Plus more if you want to go small. I don't expect Satoransky to stick around.

If we can get a couple more bigs. I'd like to have better size. I'd be pretty content.

*Make it almost mathematically impossible to play 4 guard line ups.

Oh look, someone who actually seems like they want to be here
    Him and Trey Murphy. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Sharife can't shoot, but we still should have taken him

Thread Information