Pelicans Report

Page 83 of 157 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I didn't hear that he really tried w/ Adams. All we need here is improvement like BI and Zo. Not talking Curry or anything. Lol.
    Both BI and Zo are like 38% shooters on 6+ a game. They are both very very capable shooters.

Simmons going from basically 0% on 0 attempts to even 30% on 2 a game would be a huge leap. It would also be a leap that wouldn't even help him. He'd have to take a historic leap to become even remotely threatening from deep. Which for a guy with very little touch outside of 3 feet and zero FT skills, is hard to believe in.

I'm not interested in Simmons. Huge cost (did you see the deals Morey turned down?) for a player that, in order for him to fit alongside Zion, would need to be transformed into a completely different player.

Oh and he's also making $34m a year.
    Basketball.

The Laker roster is in shambles at the moment.

Any chance that pick lands top 10 this season?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

LeBron Westbrook, AD won't if healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Both BI and Zo are like 38% shooters on 6+ a game. They are both very very capable shooters.

Simmons going from basically 0% on 0 attempts to even 30% on 2 a game would be a huge leap. It would also be a leap that wouldn't even help him. He'd have to take a historic leap to become even remotely threatening from deep. Which for a guy with very little touch outside of 3 feet and zero FT skills, is hard to believe in.

I'm not interested in Simmons. Huge cost (did you see the deals Morey turned down?) for a player that, in order for him to fit alongside Zion, would need to be transformed into a completely different player.

Oh and he's also making $34m a year.
    Yeah, I honestly think the asking price is ridiculous. They may have to keep him another year b/c no team is going to pay that.

Bad deals are startingt pile up like crazy now.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Hard for me to believe. Maybe if AD is stricken by injury again and Lebron does the load management thing.

Otherwise there were rumours Rudy Gay wanted to go there, and they got Howard, Ariza, and Ellington.

Not a great long term team, lots of old folks, but Westbrook is there as well so there are pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I feel it's quite plausible to see injuries considering how top heavy they are

This thread should be re-named moves in the league (non-Pelican). That is what it is becoming with a spattering of moaning and defense positions led by my moaning lol.

What does Garrett bring to this roster? Legit question.

Big get for the Heat

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Character, effort, defense

defense, leadership and is an LSU Tiger

$5m of easily tradable salary.

So that's an 80% chance that pick lands top 10, then?

Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

We have a VERY young roster that has been through three coaches in three seasons (BI and Hart have had four coaches in four seasons). One of SVG's parting critiques of the roster is that it was just too young. Makes you wonder what all was going on for him to leave with that being his main point. In any case, vet leadership is needed and we ousted most of that. Having low pay professional vets on the bench will help.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    So that's an 80% chance that pick lands top 10, then?

Inb4 it lands in the lottery but outside top 10

Did Kawhi sign with someone yet and I just missed it or is he still technically an FA?

I think DeMar DeRozan and John Collins are still technically FAs as well

still technically a FA

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    We have a VERY young roster that has been through three coaches in three seasons (BI and Hart have had four coaches in four seasons). One of SVG's parting critiques of the roster is that it was just too young. Makes you wonder what all was going on for him to leave with that being his main point. In any case, vet leadership is needed and we ousted most of that. Having low pay professional vets on the bench will help.
    No true leadership, poise, discipline. But we all saw this play out on the court as well.

Agreed.

Reggie Jackson would be a good consolation prize. Like, he is exactly what would be great to have as vet leadership on the roster. Check out his 3pt shot improvement over his career. A consummate professional who can start if we need to and back up when the young guys take over. But in a weird way, signing him seems like a "we lost out on everything else" kinda move.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Big get for the Heat
    We really gonna have zero back up big behind Zion again. . Damn.

Jamychal Green or James Johnson still haven't been signed.

Nevermind on Jamychal. My mistake.

We just drafted a 6'9 210lb rookie, as well as another 6'8 210lb rookie, and we still have Naji who is 6'8 220lbs

We are fine for large wings

Thread Information