Pelicans Report

Page 77 of 157 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

I expect to hear about Zion house shopping on the East Coast soon.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Alright time to get over it

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Kinda crazy TOR got substantially more value out of a UFA that could have been signed outright than the Pelicans got for a RFA the signing team couldnt afford without making cap maneuvers

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If it's not being offered, you can't trade for it. Again, we had no real leverage here.
    If you are ok with what cam back that is fine. A 29 year old guy off the bench, a 35 year old bench player who just got a 3 year contract with 2 guaranteed, and a 2nd round pick, which we now know what the Pelican think of lol. It goes back to how this got this point. I understand the lack of leverage. But it got to this point long before.

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Kinda crazy TOR got substantially more value out of a UFA that could have been signed outright than the Pelicans got for a RFA the signing team couldnt afford without making cap maneuvers
    That goes to show you how valuable Lowry is! I don't believe anyone else was willing to pay Lonzo what the Bulls offered. We essentially had to take it since we weren't going to pay Lonso that crazy amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I am not saying Ball is a Lowry, but that return is a bit better. And yes, I know the aspects of a sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Lmao what a trash trade.
    It's not a trade. It's not wanting to pay Lonzo $21m per year and instead getting a couple very small pieces back rather than nothing.

Fournier, btw:
    41.3% from 3 on 7 a game this year
    39.9% from 3 on 7 a game the year before that

38% from 3 on 5 a game for his career. 81% FT shooter for his career. Only 28. Top 100 player by EPM this year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Beal or Lillard are targets. Watch us do a massive trade for Beal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had the choice of NO FA moves or David Griffin FA moves. I rather have no moves. Lol

Unless it's Bobby Portis. Lol Griffin only interested going after weird players that don't make sense. So, I think... No news is probably good news

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I think we need to give Griff a little more rope to complete things.... then see how that rope was utilized....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    I am not saying Ball is a Lowry, but that return is a bit better. And yes, I know the aspects of a sign and trade.
    Miami had to include Dragic to make the salaries work to get back Lowry. It's moreso that they didn't have a choice. Chicago only needed to include a small amount of salary.

It goes back to what I asked before. If you are just Zion right now what are you thinking about this team? What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    It's not a trade. It's not wanting to pay Lonzo $21m per year and instead getting a couple very small pieces back rather than nothing.
    People need to realise it was that or nothing. Cause they didn't have to give us value at all, and we did not want to pay that much for Lonzo. That's just how S&Ts for non-superstars work.

And they keep thinking of Satoransky and Temple as Satoransky and Temple, the players.

In reality it's more helpful to think of them as $15m of trade flexibility and $10m expiring.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Naw?
    Beal
    BI
    Zion
    JV

YES PLEASE
    Don't tase me bro!

It's kind 'a funny when you think about it. Most in here were content to let Lonzo walk for nothing if the number was anything north of 18MM. Now the same people are saying that Chicago got the better of the deal when the Pelicans didn't come away empty handed.

Can someone reconcile this for me?

Miami had to include Dragic to make the salaries work to get back Lowry. It's moreso that they didn't have a choice. Chicago only needed to include a small amount of salary.
    I understand that, but the end results are they got some quality. I really doesn't matter what I think. If you are a Pelican on the roster do you see your team any closer to the playoffs. Ball probably should have stayed.

Trash pieces..better off letting him walk ..Lonzo will prevail with the Bulls just like most players do when they leave here.

Quote Originally Posted by gobulls View Post
    My main gripe with him was that he was way too content to shoot for someone who isn't good at it, but I'd imagine that will happen far less on a roster with Zion and BI.
    Nah, it didn't keep Lonzo from shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Trash pieces..better off letting him walk ..Lonzo will prevail with the Bulls just like most players do when they leave here.
    That's such an absurd way to think.

''If you're not going to give us Zach LaVine, we'd rather have nothing!''

...No thanks, I'll take the $15m of tradeable assets and expiring contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    People need to realise it was that or nothing. Cause they didn't have to give us value at all, and we did not want to pay that much for Lonzo. That's just how S&Ts for non-superstars work.

And they keep thinking of Satoransky and Temple as Satoransky and Temple, the players.

In reality it's more helpful to think of them as $15m of trade flexibility and $10m expiring.
    The idea of flexibility is the only decent thing in all of this. But at the moment the team is falling flat on meeting the real needs of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    It goes back to what I asked before. If you are just Zion right now what are you thinking about this team? What do you guys think?
    They didn't even make the play-in last year with Lonzo. If whatever moves Griffin makes the rest of this offseason and throughout next year doesn't get the team into the playoffs, then yeah I'd be incredibly disappointed if I was Zion. I'd be personally disappointed if they aren't a top 6 seed.

This is good for Dallas, depending on price

i wouldnt hate this one bit

naw/klj
    santo/jh
    bi/nm
    zion/free agent
    jv/jax

i think that is a decent squad and we dont know what we have in the rooks, didi etc. if we can get a legit backup 4 like portis we could be pretty legit.

Thread Information