Pelicans Report

Page 76 of 157 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

We get Lowry you will understand

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    They had not intention of matching, but what they got from Chicago today was nothing more than a dump for something. They were so concerned with getting something they settled for nothing much. You have to believe the rest of the league circled the Pelicans like buzzards. It is possible there was never a three way deal with Hornets, never any arrangement with Pacers, and essentially a Bulls offer.
    That sure is heck what they settled on .

cant believe Payne and TJ Mc got under 10 million a season and the pelicans are paying Garrett Temple 5 million

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    People need to get it through their heads that we didn't trade Ball for these players in a vacuum. These players are the not supposed to equal Lonzo's full worth. They are the compensation that Chicago gives up in exchange for us not making things difficult on them.

We were never going to pay Lonzo $20m+. We got that report several days ago that we were not that interested in paying him that much. So therefore, we were never going to keep him. This is not ''we have Lonzo, give us equal value'', this is ''we can make signing Lonzo slightly more awkward for you, grease the wheels for us and we won't''.

$15m in extremely tradeable salary and a big expiring is cool. And we got it for free. We didn't get it ''in exchange for Lonzo'' because Lonzo was leaving either way.
    I agree with this but return was really a joke. I didn't expect an even trade but where is your point guard in a three way deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    cant believe Payne and TJ Mc got under 10 million a season and the pelicans are paying Garrett Temple 5 million
    Ummm... They want to be there. Pelicans FA relations is in the toilet.

I agree with this but return was really a joke. I didn't expect an even trade but where is your point guard in a three way deal?
    If it's not being offered, you can't trade for it. Again, we had no real leverage here.

Basketball Guru
    robinson get 5yr 90mil to stay with the heat...

I don't care about the logics of today, but if you are the guys on the roster right now in New Orleans. What are you thinking?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Let?s see if Griff is playing chess and is getting all the pieces together to package for Beal. BAM!
    Naw?
    Beal
    BI
    Zion
    JV

YES PLEASE

If it's not being offered, you can't trade for it. Again, we had no real leverage here.
    No leverage was the understatement. The question is how did it get to this point of no leverage and did the front office fall short here?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Naw?
    Beal
    BI
    Zion
    JV

YES PLEASE
    Shhhhhh don’t jinx. It

That feels like a lot for Dougie

Chicago didn?t become a better team after this trade either though. They just overpaid, and now LaVine is gonna definitely send in that ransom lol. This wasn?t a smart move for them either, but I guess that?s the marker we?re in right now.

I agree that we lost all leverage after the leaks and rumor mill news, but at least we?ll still be able to be active in the Free Agency next year. I?m just annoyed that we lost our last trade bait for peanuts. I guess that?s all we could get when you add up the sum of the parts involved.

I don't care about the logics of today, but if you are the guys on the roster right now in New Orleans. What are you thinking?
    You get to play with Satoransky and Temple, legends.

Basketball Guru
    cp3 4yr for 120mil for the suns

Sweet Jesus... Paul got extended.

''Why did he opt out of $44m?!?!?!''

''Why did he opt out of $44m?!?!?!''
    Shame that there isn't an Amnesty Clause anymore. Would be a genius deal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Where you at Bobby Portis?

“I hope they plan on making another move because this ain’t it.”

Lmao what a trash trade.

Thread Information