Pelicans Report

Page 75 of 157 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Go tigers

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Team can’t do anything right. Sure let’s say goodbye to the guy who keeps improving every year for some scraps. Satoransky is a fine player and all, but we could’ve done much better.

There better be something else behind this move, or else Zion will be gone in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    We traded Ball for two people who can’t even shoot. Griff is trash man.
    Trade Ingram for Simmons and make it 3

From an article when Temple was signed by the Bulls last year - tldr cheap but solid veteran presence, scoring spark off the bench

He turned in arguably the best individual season of his career in 2019-20 for Brooklyn when he averaged 10.3 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game as a scoring spark who both started and came off the bench at different times throughout the campaign.

Temple was also solid during the Nets' playoff series against the Toronto Raptors and averaged 12.0 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game in defeat.

Look for the LSU product to provide a stabilizing presence off the bench in Chicago when players such as Coby White, Zach LaVine and Tomas Satoransky are not running the offense.

Where's Jeff Bowers when you need him?

People need to get it through their heads that we didn't trade Ball for these players in a vacuum. These players are the not supposed to equal Lonzo's full worth. They are the compensation that Chicago gives up in exchange for us not making things difficult on them.

We were never going to pay Lonzo $20m+. We got that report several days ago that we were not that interested in paying him that much. So therefore, we were never going to keep him. This is not ''we have Lonzo, give us equal value'', this is ''we can make signing Lonzo slightly more awkward for you, grease the wheels for us and we won't''.

$15m in extremely tradeable salary and a big expiring is cool. And we got it for free. We didn't get it ''in exchange for Lonzo'' because Lonzo was leaving either way.
    Basketball.

Should of taken that trade offer at the deadline for Ball, I suppose.

Was Ball for Lauri + 1st?

Much prefer paying our culture guys $5MM/yr instead of $15MM or $28MM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Where's Jeff Bowers when you need him?
    In Phoenix with CP3 and Monty

Depending on what else we do I'm ok with the return Tomas and Temple. This gives Naw a clear path to start at SG with Tomas as the backup. Temple will give great vet leadership. Let's see what else they do. Go Pels!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm fine with Tomas. He's as good a player as Hart, and he's expiring so he doesn't bog us down with bad long term value.

Similarly, I don't expect Temple to get any real playtime.

The question isn't ''am I excited by these individual players in a vacuum'' because that's not how these kinds of decisions are made. In reality we had three main choices with Lonzo.

1) Pay him $20m+ a year.
    2) Let him walk for nothing
    3) S&T him for any value we can get.

We did 3. I think that's the best option, because I do not think Ball is worth $20m a year and losing players for nothing sucks. So what did we get back in the S&T? Well, $15m of extremely tradable salary including an expiring, and a second round pick. $10m of that salary is Tomas Satoransky, who is a good and productive NBA player - just as good as, for example, Josh Hart, who will probably cost more than $10m this offseason, so that's saving us money elsewhere as well.

Do I think it's a magical move of genius that makes me thrilled beyond belief? No. But I'm fine with it, and am willing to wait to see what else Griff does before having a tantrum over it.
    5 mil is a 5 mil overpay for a guy that isnt going to play. I dont get it at all. It's not even for just one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Should of taken that trade offer at the deadline for Ball, I suppose.

Was Ball for Lauri + 1st?
    Lauri is really bad. The 1st would have been nice though.

I love Zo. He has been our MIP since the LA trade and I do think he gets to a Jrue level and pulls off an Eastern Conference All-Star appearance, eventually. In a vacuum, I choose him over Dinwiddie every time. But for this team, I would choose Dinwiddie and Sato over Ball and Hart. Which sucks because I love Hart, too. So if we can somehow pull Lowry or CP3 out of our ***** or settle for Dinwiddie, I'd like this Ball trade. We would have also gotten another future 2nd for cash considerations, too.

If we miss out on a vet PG, then this trade was trash. Lol
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-02-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    People need to get it through their heads that we didn't trade Ball for these players in a vacuum. These players are the not supposed to equal Lonzo's full worth. They are the compensation that Chicago gives up in exchange for us not making things difficult on them.

We were never going to pay Lonzo $20m+. We got that report several days ago that we were not that interested in paying him that much. So therefore, we were never going to keep him. This is not ''we have Lonzo, give us equal value'', this is ''we can make signing Lonzo slightly more awkward for you, grease the wheels for us and we won't''.

$15m in extremely tradeable salary and a big expiring is cool. And we got it for free. We didn't get it ''in exchange for Lonzo'' because Lonzo was leaving either way.
    Rational post as almost always....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Gotta wait on these things before we can judge everything

If last year was representative of Cam Payne's standard of play going forward, this is a steal.

i will be very interested to see how this all plays out. lots of moving parts, man.

and when santo was in wash LOTS of you wanted him here....

Lonzo will be a cap liability for the Bulls at that salary. He wouldve been a horrifying cap liability for us during that entire contract had he re-signed here

If last year was representative of Cam Payne's standard of play going forward, this is a steal.
    Cam Payne: "I perfectly happy being Chris Paul's valet for the next three years."

Let’s see if Griff is playing chess and is getting all the pieces together to package for Beal. BAM!

Hello again - I think Sato is a good fit for you guys. Low usage guy, solid passer, not as bad of a scorer as the numbers suggest. Defense is frustrating at times but he tries.

Temple is fine - very solid perimeter defense, pretty bad shooter. My main gripe with him was that he was way too content to shoot for someone who isn't good at it, but I'd imagine that will happen far less on a roster with Zion and BI.

Pelicans devalued their own restricted free agent

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanProf View Post
    Depending on what else we do I'm ok with the return Tomas and Temple. This gives Naw a clear path to start at SG with Tomas as the backup. Temple will give great vet leadership. Let's see what else they do. Go Pels!
    They had not intention of matching, but what they got from Chicago today was nothing more than a dump for something. They were so concerned with getting something they settled for nothing much. You have to believe the rest of the league circled the Pelicans like buzzards. It is possible there was never a three way deal with Hornets, never any arrangement with Pacers, and essentially a Bulls offer.

Confirmed

Thread Information