Pelicans Report

Page 72 of 157 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Every move the Pels make should be from the perspective of “does this make our team better??” If not, then they shouldn’t make the move. Trading Lonzo for Graham does not accomplish this at all, in fact I’m willing to bet that Zion and Ingram would be slightly pissed that Lonzo got traded for DEVONTE GRAHAM??!!

Whoever we move Lonzo for has to be a guy whom the current roster would respect as an accomplished player and a potential friend/teammate. That’s just the way it works these days, unloading Lonzo for anything less is a complete fail.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanProf View Post
    I agree. I stated that earlier. If you can get Devonte at a decent price I really like the deal.
    For real.

Like, removing name bias from it, which would you rather have? Numbers given are per 100

Player A:
    22/7.2/8.7 on 55.1%TS
    12.5 3PAs on 37.8%
    .091 FTR
    +1.6BPM
    25%AST, 14%TOV
    +0.7 D-EPM (77th percentile)

or

Player B:
    24/4.4/8.7 on 55.2% TS
    14.0 3PAs on 37.5%
    .236 FTR
    +0.5 BPM
    27%AST, 10%TOV
    +0.2 D-EPM (67th percentile)
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Graham is going to cost much more than $7 million a year.
    Probably but that's why I'm saying wait and see before just going ''UGH BAD TRADE''

Like yeah, if it's Graham for Lonzo and they both cost $20m it's not great. If it's Graham for Lonzo and Lonzo costs $22m and Graham costs $12m, suddenly it's actually pretty damn fine imo.

Yeah. Getting just Graham back for Zo sounds meh. But that's NBA trades, sometimes. Especially sign and trades. I'm sure there will be picks involved.....
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

After seeing Lonzo get cooked by

Lillard 3X
    Curry
    Murray
    Colby White
    Lavine
    Fox 3x
    Etc

Why we talking about Balls defense?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah. Getting just Graham back for Zo sounds meh. But that's NBA trades, sometimes. Especially sign and trades. I'm sure there will be picks involved.....
    Pelicans must have a free agent or two in mind. If Hart goes to Charlotte and Lonzo to Chicago, even with Graham returning that’s a ton of cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Lillard 3X
    Curry
    Murray
    Colby White
    Lavine
    Fox 3x
    Etc

The majority of those were high screen and rolls. Adams couldn't switch well enough and Zo just got cooked that way. It's not totally on him. Plus bled didn't help anything either.

I hope the Pels (or somebody) shows Willy H'Gomez some respect early in the process. He's much better than an afterthought or 'camp body'.

Lillard 3X
    Curry
    Murray
    Colby White
    Lavine
    Fox 3x
    Etc

See Eric Bledsoe

Synthesizing reports out there, doesn't a three-way sign and trade among the Pels, Bulls and Pacers work centered on:

Bulls get Lonzo

Pacers get Markkanen

Pels get Brogdon

Lillard 3X
    Curry
    Murray
    Colby White
    Lavine
    Fox 3x
    Etc

That's a list of players that tends to blow up a lot of people and I know this is bait.......

But again, dead horse, Lonzo Ball is 23 and defense is a skill that tends to get even more honed later in careers. That he's good now, has great work ethic, and the intangibles it takes to be a great defense shows that he is on a trajectory to be a great defender.

Lillard 3X
    Curry
    Murray
    Colby White
    Lavine
    Fox 3x
    Etc

In fairness to Ball, he is generally quite good off-ball. He is absolutely not an on-ball defender, for sure. Cannot navigate a screen.

Hall of Famer
    J.E. Skeets
    @jeskeets
    ?

Hollinger: "The Pelicans are desperate to win, and now. [?] They're are all in on Lowry. Two of Dallas, Miami or New Orleans will lose."

So is Lowry still an option?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Synthesizing reports out there, doesn't a three-way sign and trade among the Pels, Bulls and Pacers work centered on:

Bulls get Lonzo

Pacers get Markkanen

Pels get Brogdon
    Huh the pacers would never do that

Honestly Pacers would just rather lonzo instead of lauri. Sabonis plays pf

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    J.E. Skeets
    @jeskeets
    ?

Hollinger: "The Pelicans are desperate to win, and now. [?] They're are all in on Lowry. Two of Dallas, Miami or New Orleans will lose."

So is Lowry still an option?
    I would be trusting Woj over Hollinger. If Woj says it's basically a done deal, it's a done deal. Barring major disaster on Miami's end, I guess.

So... I think I'm currently a fan of Point Zion with that option and price. Get Bobby Portis, Norman Secretary of Defense Powell, and maybe drag in Kevin Love washed up corpse after he gets bought out.

Last bit was a joke.
    This! Except the Love part of course. Lol.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    When people say that the players don't do certain things well, I have to ask, What are the coaches there for? These coaches are good they got two players that the Lakers had to play a lot better. Maybe not defensively, but Wille was a defensive coach with the Suns. If he is as good at coaching defense as the Pelicans asst. were at coaching offense, they can get someone who is not perfect and coach them up. I really hope they can do that with the rookie and second year players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I would be trusting Woj over Hollinger. If Woj says it's basically a done deal, it's a done deal. Barring major disaster on Miami's end, I guess.
    Could be a ploy from his agent… “Lowry a done deal to Miami… unless you throw in a couple more million.”

But yeah I’m assuming he’s going to Miami regardless.

Graham?? Another small PG (6’1”)? Don’t we already have one of those?

45 minutes... Excited for the chaos.

45 minutes... Excited for the chaos.
    5 o’clock free crack giveaway

It's about to go down..... Expect some people to like it and most to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    5 o’clock free crack giveaway
    Kind of genius, but wack to do FA at 6 PM. Wish it was 8 am sharp.

Sato is good also, good player. Solid depth piece: replaces Josh Hart as well for basically the same money as Hart would potentially get this year.

Thread Information