Pelicans Report

Page 71 of 157 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Well whatever guard we get (hoping for Powell) I wish we’d take a run at Portis. Brings shooting, toughness, Championship experience and can play the 4 or 5 which = legitimate backup for Zion and insurance for Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Yard Sale Swap
    Pretty much. All 3 teams wanting to be able to claim to have gotten something for their restricted FA.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I like Graham as a top half of the league 6th man. We still can sign Dinwiddie as our starting PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I like Graham as a top half of the league 6th man. We still can sign Dinwiddie as our starting PG.
    Dinwiddie reportedly getting offers in the $22 million as year range. Gotta think he is getting out of our range.

Dinwiddie reportedly getting offers in the $22 million as year range. Gotta think he is getting out of our range.
    I don’t believe there is a huge market for Dinwiddie at all. I think that is all spin from his agent to drive up the price. We could pivot to Norman Powell as our starting SG and have Graham as our starting PG. Name someone else besides the Pels that would pay a poor 3 point shooting PG coming off an ACL injury that kind of money.

Hall of Famer
    Graham...eh

He's ball with worse passing and defense

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I don’t believe there is a huge market for Dinwiddie at all. I think that is all spin from his agent to drive up the price. We could pivot to Norman Powell as our starting SG and have Graham as our starting PG. Name someone else besides the Pels that would pay a poor 3 point shooting PG coming off an ACL injury that kind of money.
    Powell would be nice.

Good value deal for Phoenix
    Basketball.

Well, it isn't my first choice but I don't hate it.

Hall of Famer
    Yeah thats crazy good for the suns. Payne can get more

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Yeah thats crazy good for the suns. Payne can get more
    I'm sure his agent has been shopping around. Maybe there was not as robust a market as he thought and he did not want to chance losing out in Phoenix if they felt they needed a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Darn, I really wanted him here.

Good value deal for Phoenix
    $20+M for Dinwidee (and that body) is comical. I hope we aren’t going after him at that price tag.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Horrible trade

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    $20+M for Dinwidee (and that body) is comical. I hope we aren’t going after him at that price tag.
    So... I think I'm currently a fan of Point Zion with that option and price. Get Bobby Portis, Norman Secretary of Defense Powell, and maybe drag in Kevin Love washed up corpse after he gets bought out.

Last bit was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    Horrible trade
    Depending on the money, I think.

Graham isn't a top shelf player but he's a very good shooter (shot basically the same percentage as Lonzo this year on considerably higher volume, did the same last year, is a better FT shooter and gets to the line more) and a perfectly good passer.

If you end up getting Graham at like, $7m a year, that's way way way better value than Lonzo at $20m. Obviously if it's Graham for $18m instead then it's a different story, but the reality is Graham's probably much cheaper than Lonzo for 90% of the offensive production.

The one major concern is defense but honestly, Graham isn't that bad defensively. You wouldn't want him guarding Lillard or anything but tbh, I don't see Graham as a starter anyway. Getting him for relatively small money to be a nuclear bench piece is good imo.

He's good.

Graham isn't a top shelf player but he's a very good shooter (shot basically the same percentage as Lonzo this year on considerably higher volume, did the same last year, is a better FT shooter and gets to the line more) and a perfectly good passer.

If you end up getting Graham at like, $7m a year, that's way way way better value than Lonzo at $20m. Obviously if it's Graham for $18m instead then it's a different story, but the reality is Graham's probably much cheaper than Lonzo for 90% of the offensive production.

The one major concern is defense but honestly, Graham isn't that bad defensively. You wouldn't want him guarding Lillard or anything but tbh, I don't see Graham as a starter anyway. Getting him for relatively small money to be a nuclear bench piece is good imo.

He's good.
    Just me assuming here. But Graham is gonna get like 15 to 18M. Anything less than 16M and I'm an extremely happy camper.

So... The Bulls are trying to swing another Sing and Trade for Derozan

Ball, Lavine, and Derozan....

He's good.
    I agree. I stated that earlier. If you can get Devonte at a decent price I really like the deal.

I rather let Kira or NAW start at PG if that’s the case. I just think there’s way more value we can get for Lonzo, he’s a very hot commodity in this market and we better capitalize off of the frenzy that’s about to ensue. Otherwise, this is just another missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    So... The Bulls are trying to swing another Sing and Trade for Derozan

Ball, Lavine, and Derozan....
    And Vuc

He's good.
    Graham is going to cost much more than $7 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    I rather let Kira or NAW start at PG if that’s the case. I just think there’s way more value we can get for Lonzo, he’s a very hot commodity in this market and we better capitalize off of the frenzy that’s about to ensue. Otherwise, this is just another missed opportunity.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Been a long minute since I?ve been here, how?s everyone doing? Pretty excited for today tbh!
    Welcome back!

I'd say the board has been doing pretty well the past year. Good info. Mostly good discussions. We get petty sometimes, but that's message boards. It's definitely better than it's been in quite a long time.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

And Vuc
    They gotta play at an absurd pace to make up for that defense.

Thread Information