Pelicans Report

Page 69 of 157 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    It was a partially torn ACL. Not like he blew out his knee or anything
    A torn ACL is a serious injury, you can't just assume that a player will come back and immediately be fine. Sure, it's not the worst of all possible injuries but it's pretty bad!
    Basketball.

All I really want to add at this point to the team is someone who can make shots from outside at a high level who isn't also completely useless with the ball in their hands.

They don't need to be a guard, they don't need to be 6'2, I don't really care if they're a ''pg'' or not. I'm willing to trust that between Kira going into his second season, NAW into his third, and Zion/BI as a duo, we have enough guys who can have the ball in their hands and make plays. Maybe that's stupid, but I'm fine with just seeing what happens with it.

But I still want to see if we can add one more shooter/tertiary ball handler.

Basically what I'm saying is that I still want Joe Ingles.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 08-02-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He needed surgery and missed an entire season. That is serious.
    He chose to have surgery on it given it was a contract year. He would have come back for the championship had the Nets made it that far. He?s not 100% healthy. Obviously you take it into consideration in negotiations, but I?m just as worried about Lonzo?s health, or Brogdon even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    All I really want to add at this point to the team is someone who can make shots from outside at a high level who isn't also completely useless with the ball in their hands.

They don't need to be a guard, they don't need to be 6'2, I don't really care if they're a ''pg'' or not. I'm willing to trust that between Kira going into his second season, NAW into his third, and Ingram/BI as a duo, we have enough guys who can have the ball in their hands and make plays. Maybe that's stupid, but I'm fine with just seeing what happens with it.

But I still want to see if we can add one more shooter/tertiary ball handler.

Basically what I'm saying is that I still want Joe Ingles.
    Yea that’s why, if Ingles is off the table, Powell is my number 1 options. Would love him at 3/50

He needed surgery and missed an entire season. That is serious.
    Yeah, but did he die?

I miss Courtney Alexander, and what might have been.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    He chose to have surgery on it given it was a contract year. He would have come back for the championship had the Nets made it that far. He?s not 100% healthy. Obviously you take it into consideration in negotiations, but I?m just as worried about Lonzo?s health, or Brogdon even more so.
    Dinwiddie has missed his share of games prior to the injury as well, but the injury is more concerning. I am sure teams are aware of how he is progressing though.

Portis looking to get paid also-

Started looking into Devonte' Graham after the sign and trade for Ball rumor came out and this article title just makes me laugh.

https://www.atthehive.com/2021/1/7/2...od-and-not-bad

I've actually grown to really like the Dinwiddie option thinking about how good he'd be for Kira to grow behind. His game matches well with Zion, too.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-02-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Started looking into Devonte' Graham after the sign and trade for Ball rumor came out and this article title just makes me laugh.

https://www.atthehive.com/2021/1/7/2...od-and-not-bad
    It's true, he is in fact good and not bad. Mostly.

Not as bad defensively as his size might imply (he was a +0.2 D-EPM last year, for reference, which is about 66th percentile. Not good, but also not horrific!) and a legitimately excellent shooter on frankly absurd volume (something like 14 attempts per 100 this year, which is bonkers). Good passer who doesn't turn it over.

Can't get to the rim and can't finish there is his major flaw. Legitimately just garbage at it, really awful. And despite his efforts, the defense still isn't good. But yeah he's fine. Wouldn't be the worst option in the world.

ESPN has Duncan Robinson resigning with the heat for 12 mil per year. I’d go in way higher than that if I’m Griff. Offer 4/72 and force their hand

It's true, he is in fact good and not bad. Mostly.

Not as bad defensively as his size might imply (he was a +0.2 D-EPM last year, for reference, which is about 66th percentile. Not good, but also not horrific!) and a legitimately excellent shooter on frankly absurd volume (something like 14 attempts per 100 this year, which is bonkers). Good passer who doesn't turn it over.

Can't get to the rim and can't finish there is his major flaw. Legitimately just garbage at it, really awful. And despite his efforts, the defense still isn't good. But yeah he's fine. Wouldn't be the worst option in the world.
    So basically replacing Lonzo with Lonzo

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    So basically replacing Lonzo with Lonzo
    Replacing Lonzo with Lonzo for close to half the cost would not be a bad move

Half the cost, huge loss in upside, and way way less D.

Getting Graham, to me, is saying "we fully expect Kira to turn into the starting PG within two seasons". Or they see another option. And I'm ok with that.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-02-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Half the cost, huge loss in upside, and way way less D.

Getting Graham, to me, is saying "we fully expect Kira to turn into the starting PG within two seasons". Or they see another option. And I'm ok with that.
    And that?s the worry. You can?t go into a playoff series with both Graham and Kira defensively. You would be so incredibly undersized at the position. I?m a big fan of Kira so personally I?d rather a shooting wing than Graham

Portis looking to get paid also-

He should easily get that. FA market is soooo bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    He should easily get that. FA market is soooo bad.
    But not many people have cap room. The market is overall poor in talent, and we should be bargain shopping if we can?t land the big fish of CP3, Lowry, or Norman Powell, imo.

Is there a more annoying voice in the NBA media than Kendrick Perkins?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    But not many people have cap room. The market is overall poor in talent, and we should be bargain shopping if we can?t land the big fish of CP3, Lowry, or Norman Powell, imo.
    Find another 6"10" 250 LB 6th man entering his prime that can defend, rebound, and shoot.

He may settle for 11 million on a contender, but he's probably getting close to 13 million.

A torn ACL is a serious injury, you can't just assume that a player will come back and immediately be fine. Sure, it's not the worst of all possible injuries but it's pretty bad!
    ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!

When people see those three letters (ACL), nowadays they think it's not serious...not true. Both cruciate ligaments are critical for the stabilization of the knee. To provide for the weakened stabilization, one has to build muscle to enhance the weakened (or lost) ligament. Failure to do so, can (and usually does) provide for a litany of other failings in knee.

Well if Lowry is out the picture, I may be inclined to take Lonzo back as long as we could add two other decent free agents with him. I wonder how much Oladipo would cost for a 1 year prove it deal? He couldn?t cost too much considering his injury history the last few years. Kelly Olynyk might be my favorite to sign as a backup 4 since he could use his floor spacing at both the 4 & 5.

C: Jonas, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Olynyk
    SF: BI, Murphy
    SG: Oladipo, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Kira

That team would have to make the playoffs if we can get a healthy run out of Oladipo. Having NAW as a player I think could be worthy of starting if Oladipo would need to miss some time would make the Oladipo signing not as much as a risk. Huge risk, high reward

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I'm sure his voice would be more tolerable if he were capable of coherent speech.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    No. He spouts a series of dumb hot takes and just agrees with other commentators when in depth analysis is asked/needed. I am curious how many offensive things he needs to say before he gets fired.

Hall of Famer
    - A three-way deal between the Charlotte Hornets, New Orleans Pelicans, and Chicago Bulls is under consideration, sources confirm. The possibility was first reported by The Athletic.Tomas Satoransky, Lonzo Ball, and DeVonte Graham are among names who have come up, per SNY sources. The possibility of a Bulls-Pelicans deal without the Hornets that would send Ball to the Bulls and Satoransky to the Pelicans has also been under consideration

https://sny.tv/articles/knicks-free-agency-notes-8-2-21

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    No. He spouts a series of dumb hot takes and just agrees with other commentators when in depth analysis is asked/needed.
    He was beyond terrible in the draft coverage. It was clear that he knew very little about the players being chosen.

Thread Information