Pelicans Report

Page 68 of 157 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I knew something like this was in the mix as soon as Charlotte Restricted Graham.... I like Graham. However his game is much similar to Naw. So I'm very curious of the fit. But we're only hours away from knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I knew something like this was in the mix as soon as Charlotte Restricted Graham.... I like Graham. However his game is much similar to Naw. So I'm very curious of the fit. But we're only hours away from knowing.
    Maybe we could flip him for something else. But he does seem pretty redundant on this roster

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ehhhh... I'd keep Lonzo, Sign Powell, and bring in Portis.

Willie is just gonna have to coach up a PG and that's all to it.
    Per Mac, Lonzo is gone. Time to let go

Hopefully all of these reports are just speculation by the media. Otherwise, I worry that Griffin will panic and just overpay someone just to fill the position.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Pelicans have had this story planted to force Chicago's hand to increase the haul from them on S&T to ChiTown. Graham, by himself would be a total bust. the guy has never shot 40% during his professional career.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Per Mac, Lonzo is gone. Time to let go
    I'm fine with that also.

Pelicans back in Chris Paul Sweepstakes? This from seven minutes ago.

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1543963/

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Pelicans back in Chris Paul Sweepstakes? This from seven minutes ago.

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1543963/
    It was posted to Hoopshype 7 min ago but references a Fischer article from July 31.

It was posted to Hoopshype 7 min ago but references a Fischer article from July 31.
    Good Catch. Disregard.

Hopefully all of these reports are just speculation by the media. Otherwise, I worry that Griffin will panic and just overpay someone just to fill the position.
    Lonzo wants to go somewhere where he can be lead ball handler. Melo already occupies this spot. That's why I find it an odd fit. Maybe there's an exception here because it's his bro?

Lonzo wants to go somewhere where he can be lead ball handler. Melo already occupies this spot. That's why I find it an odd fit. Maybe there's an exception here because it's his bro?
    Thought the same thing when reading this tweet.

Graham shot 42% on 5 catch and shoot 3pa per game. He's an elite shooter. Shooting is never redundant. Graham, Dinwiddie, Powell are all good basketball players that would still be good players on this roster.

Hollinger is so far out of the know at this point that it's not worth speculating

Because of the lack of quality PGs I would be OK with Graham. I would prefer that rather than taking on or creating a bad new contract.

Update

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post

Update
    Griffin trying to confuse everyone. Maybe he is looking to send the trash the Bulls are offering for Ball in a S&T to the Hornets for Graham?

Griffin trying to confuse everyone. Maybe he is looking to send the trash the Bulls are offering for Ball in a S&T to the Hornets for Graham?
    Or maybe both he and Klutch are trying to make the Lonzo market seem bigger so Lonzo can get more money and Griff could get more assets
    @mcnamara247

I'm not buying anymore speculation. Imma just wait till 6pm and see what hoopla actually happens. We're gonna drive ourselves crazy seeing all these rumors.

I'd be fine with Graham or Dinwiddie if they took 6thman money, because that's what they are. They don't give you much outside of points at league average efficiency.

They dont want 6th man money.

Id rather the pels just be patient and sign whichever FA/trade pg gets the short end of the stick for a cheap deal. Outside of Lowry they're all just guys anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    I'd be fine with Graham or Dinwiddie if they took 6thman money, because that's what they are. They don't give you much outside of points at league average efficiency.

They dont want 6th man money.

Id rather the pels just be patient and sign whichever FA/trade pg gets the short end of the stick for a cheap deal. Outside of Lowry they're all just guys anyway.
    Are you just looking at stats? Because you cant possibly watch Dinwiddie and think all he does is get you points. He is a fantastic playmaker for others. He gets to the line and helps you get into the bonus. He is a terrific leader.

Guys arent just their stats on basketball reference. If you dont have time to watch the 29 other teams a ton, that is fine. But I hate this new world we are in where if we have access to a guys stats, we think we can give an informed evaluation of them as a player. Its so clear when I see people who dont watch and just use stats to guide their opinion.

Powell is the guy that can really make a difference on this team all things considered. The only issue is you're going all in on point Zion. Does Griff have the balls

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Are you just looking at stats? Because you cant possibly watch Dinwiddie and think all he does is get you points. He is a fantastic playmaker for others. He gets to the line and helps you get into the bonus. He is a terrific leader.

Guys arent just their stats on basketball reference. If you dont have time to watch the 29 other teams a ton, that is fine. But I hate this new world we are in where if we have access to a guys stats, we think we can give an informed evaluation of them as a player. Its so clear when I see people who dont watch and just use stats to guide their opinion.
    Yea Jackson Frank did a great deep dive in the article I mentioned above. He's a very well rounded player. And his defense was improving prior to the injury

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

I've seen dinwiddie play. Two people can watch a guy play an come to different opinions. If you're comfortable handing the keys to him and paying 20 mil a season that's fine. I would disagree.

I think Din is better than Graham for sure and probably Lonzo too. But he's just a guy. If they're looking for the Chris Paul type to turn the team around, he aint it.

FWIW I don't like guys who play out of isolation a lot as starters unless they're allstar level talents.
    Last edited by Pelifan; 08-02-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Yea Jackson Frank did a great deep dive in the article I mentioned above. He's a very well rounded player. And his defense was improving prior to the injury
    I think with Dinwiddie the injury is something that you have to factor in huge.

It's one thing to think you'd offer big money to Dinwiddie circa 2019-20, when we last saw him healthy. That's something we could debate, and I wouldn't offer him huge cash but it's a discussion. But that is not the person you'd be paying to bring on board now. To be willing to pay Dinwiddie serious money now you have to take a gamble that he's going to come back at at least 85% of himself, and continue the improvements he was showing beforehand. That's a huge gamble. Maybe it's one you're comfortable taking: I'm not.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think with Dinwiddie the injury is something that you have to factor in huge.

It's one thing to think you'd offer big money to Dinwiddie circa 2019-20, when we last saw him healthy. That's something we could debate, and I wouldn't offer him huge cash but it's a discussion. But that is not the person you'd be paying to bring on board now. To be willing to pay Dinwiddie serious money now you have to take a gamble that he's going to come back at at least 85% of himself, and continue the improvements he was showing beforehand. That's a huge gamble. Maybe it's one you're comfortable taking: I'm not.
    It was a partially torn ACL. Not like he blew out his knee or anything

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    It was a partially torn ACL. Not like he blew out his knee or anything
    He needed surgery and missed an entire season. That is serious.

Thread Information