Pelicans Report

Page 67 of 157 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

At this stage of his career, I'm going to assume he likely ends up with contending teams.

Yeah... Outside of the Ben Simmons trade rumor. I don't think Brogdon is up for sale at a good value. Just been hearing crickets on that.

When did Dinwiddie become this "meh" player? 20 M a year for him is that bad??

I'm valuing mostly a guard that can lead this team. Especially with a rookie Head Coach. Dinwiddie leadership skills is better then the super cool chill friend who raps sometimes Lonzo Ball.

This team will go as far as their accountability buddy/leader.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I don't pretend to know what the answer is but what I do know is that we cannot go into the season with the same players and expect one of them to step up to that lead guard role. We will probably not make the playoffs again without a high level lead guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    When did Dinwiddie become this "meh" player? 20 M a year for him is that bad??

I'm valuing mostly a guard that can lead this team. Especially with a rookie Head Coach. Dinwiddie leadership skills is better then the super cool chill friend who raps sometimes Lonzo Ball.

This team will go as far as their accountability buddy/leader.
    He's never really been much more than a "meh" player and now he is coming off a serious injury.

If anybody should have a line on Cameron Payne it should be Willie Green. Payne looked like the 'real deal' during the playoffs for Phoenix. He's an UFA and probably would like to strike out now while the iron is hot. If 'Playoff Cameron' was real (Willie would know, I guess), maybe he would be a nice, low-priced fit in New Orleans to pair with Kira until one of our our first choices give us the nod in free agency (or we develop a point guard in-house). I'm tired of treading water with 'seconds'...tired of giving 'A-List Money' to 'Third Rate Talent'...tired of always being on the outside looking in.

I simply don't want to waste our capital chasing mirages...ghosts...other teams' trash.

That's what we did with Omer... (FAIL)
    That's what we did with Derrick... (FAIL)
    That's what we did with JJ... (FAIL) (Hell, we paid this moron 26MM over two years and he trashes the organization on the way out).
    That's what we did with Steven... (FAIL)

I hope to God that's not what we do with Dinwiddie.

Give me a guy that's hungry!!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 08-02-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I don't pretend to know what the answer is but what I do know is that we cannot go into the season with the same players and expect one of them to step up to that lead guard role. We will probably not make the playoffs again without a high level lead guard.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Does not seem that there will be any high level lead guards available in free agency. Maybe there is someone they can acquire via trade.

I think going for dinwiddie, who has already said "wants the bag" in free agency would be a tough sell for this fan base. I would just keep lonzo if those are the options, i dont see anything to get excited about in dinwiddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    I think going for dinwiddie, who has already said "wants the bag" in free agency would be a tough sell for this fan base. I would just keep lonzo if those are the options, i dont see anything to get excited about in dinwiddie.
    He isn?t worth the bag. I don?t see another team besides us being stupid enough to overpay him. Realistically our point guard options in free agency are either Ball or Dinwiddie though, and we need one.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-02-2021 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    He isn?t worth the bag. I don?t see another team besides us being stupid enough to overpay him. Realistically our point guard options in free agency are either Ball or Dinwiddie though, and we need one.
    Yeah that is true we need one of them. MM posted on twitter about fred which is something i forgot that dinwiddie can be possibly fixed like lonzo was. I guess that would make it more interesting then, and probably what pels are going for too.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If anybody should have a line on Cameron Payne it should be Willie Green. Payne looked like the 'real deal' during the playoffs for Phoenix. He's an UFA and probably would like to strike out now while the iron is hot. If 'Playoff Cameron' was real (Willie would know, I guess), maybe he would be a nice, low-priced fit in New Orleans to pair with Kira until one of our our first choices give us the nod in free agency (or we develop a point guard in-house). I'm tired of treading water with 'seconds'...tired of giving 'A-List Money' to 'Third Rate Talent'...tired of always being on the outside looking in.

I simply don't want to waste our capital chasing mirages...ghosts...other teams' trash.

That's what we did with Omer... (FAIL)
    That's what we did with Derrick... (FAIL)
    That's what we did with JJ... (FAIL) (Hell, we paid this moron 26MM over two years and he trashes the organization on the way out).
    That's what we did with Steven... (FAIL)

I hope to God that's not what we do with Dinwiddie.

Give me a guy that's hungry!!!
    I don’t trust a career scrub who gets paid after one good playoff run. We have seen that fail many times before. On a short, cheap deal, sure.

I'm convinced at S&T to Chicago is happening tomorrow. However this trade wont go down how we expect it to. And we're going to bring back an unexpected player or two or a player and pick.

A Free agency of Dinwiddie plus one of Powell, Trent Jr., Hardaway Jr., or Fournier wouldn’t be terrible. Definitely better than Steven Adams and Eric Bledsoe.

Saw a rumor we are looking at Norm Powell and Marcus Smart with Smart being a potential S&T for Lonzo.

I kinda like Smart, would give us a lockdown defender at least.

I am a fan of bringing in Cam Payne. I believe he is a RFA, but if you can land him you are landing a plug and play starter with plenty of shelf life left.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am a fan of bringing in Cam Payne. I believe he is a RFA, but if you can land him you are landing a plug and play starter with plenty of shelf life left.
    The guy hasn’t played significant minutes in 6 years and had one good playoff run. Now he is a plug and play starter? These type of backups who have a great playoff run before their FA are often fool’s gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    The guy hasn’t played significant minutes in 6 years and had one good playoff run. Now he is a plug and play starter? These type of backups who have a great playoff run before their FA are often fool’s gold.
    I’m not saying he is Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson, I’m saying he is a plug and play point guard, and he will be far cheaper than Lowry and Ball being that he is a rotational player or low tier starter. Heck, I would even go with an Reggie Jackson or Ish Smith type pg as a bridge until Kira is ready. But I don’t think we are finding the point guard worth paying $20M+ to unless we are trading for him, so yes, give me Payne in the meantime as he should be cheap enough, and useful to the team that will be running an new system.

I don't really know Kenrick Nunn's game.
    Is he that bad an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    Yeah that is true we need one of them. MM posted on twitter about fred which is something i forgot that dinwiddie can be possibly fixed like lonzo was. I guess that would make it more interesting then, and probably what pels are going for too.
    I am sure he was being sarcastic. I think he feels that many of the fanbase think Vinson is a miracle worker. He will not suddenly "fix" Dinwiddie.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I am sure he was being sarcastic. I think he feels that many of the fanbase think Vinson is a miracle worker. He will not suddenly "fix" Dinwiddie.
    Dinwiddie needs help from a medical doctor not a 'shot doctor'.

Eric Gordon 2.0??? Just not as good.

It’s funny to read on here that Dinwiddie’s shot needs to be “fixed” when in actuality he just needs to stop taking 3s off the dribble.

In 2019 he shot 37% on 2.2 catch and shoot 3s per game. The issue is he shot 28% on 4 pull up 3s per game, lowering his percentages. Remember he was basically the only creator on that team for the majority of the season

In 2018 he shot 37% on 2.2 catch and shoot 3s per game while shooting 31% on 3.2 pull ups.

Dinwiddie isn’t quite the shooter that Lonzo is, but his game is so much more nuanced offensively. His ability to drive off the catch will help the Pels spacing just as much as shooting would.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    It’s funny to read on here that Dinwiddie’s shot needs to be “fixed” when in actuality he just needs to stop taking 3s off the dribble.

In 2019 he shot 37% on 2.2 catch and shoot 3s per game. The issue is he shot 28% on 4 pull up 3s per game, lowering his percentages. Remember he was basically the only creator on that team for the majority of the season

In 2018 he shot 37% on 2.2 catch and shoot 3s per game while shooting 31% on 3.2 pull ups.

Dinwiddie isn’t quite the shooter that Lonzo is, but his game is so much more nuanced offensively. His ability to drive off the catch will help the Pels spacing just as much as shooting would.
    Somewhat agree, but 37% on catch and shoot is not great. Ball was at 41% on 6 shots a game last year and many players exceeded 40%. However, 37% is at least decent. You are correct, he needs to stop shooting off the dribble.

Ehhhh... I'd keep Lonzo, Sign Powell, and bring in Portis.

Willie is just gonna have to coach up a PG and that's all to it.

Hopefully all of these reports are just speculation by the media. Otherwise, I worry that Griffin will panic and just overpay someone just to fill the position.

Thread Information