Pelicans Report

Page 66 of 157 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Both Hart and NAW have trained with Dinwiddie a lot in off seasons. Very well liked person by them and throughout the league.

That said, I seriously doubt, and don't see why anyone would offer him 25 mil coming off that injury. His name isnt Kevin Durant. I can barely see $20 mil.

Otherwise if he's healthy I definitely like Dinwiddie on this team. He's a good stop gap.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would be such a Griffin move. Would take any optimism for this season away quickly.
    One baby step forward (Off season trade to start the season) and 3 steps back.( Everything else) pretty consistently.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The heat picked up Dragic?s option, expected to use him as a sign and trade to get Lowry. That would really suck because it means the Pelicans miss out on Lowry but also miss out on Dragic. I don?t expect the Pelicans to ever land a high profile FA, so wasn?t counting on Lowry, but would have loved for us to get Dragic.

THJ hits the market, potentially.

He'd be an interesting name to pick up. Wing, can really shoot it, not quite as apocalyptically bad on defense as options like McDermott, not really a creator for others but he's not turnover prone either.

Wouldn't be my first priority but if he's available for a decent price (probably won't be, he'll probably get a stupid offer from somewhere) he'd be a solid fallback option if initial plans fall through.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

THJ hits the market, potentially.

He'd be an interesting name to pick up. Wing, can really shoot it, not quite as apocalyptically bad on defense as options like McDermott, not really a creator for others but he's not turnover prone either.

Wouldn't be my first priority but if he's available for a decent price (probably won't be, he'll probably get a stupid offer from somewhere) he'd be a solid fallback option if initial plans fall through.
    I don?t believe that at all. THJ is just probably asking for too much money.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    There are so many possible options it’s virtually mind boggling.... I am so curious as to how many jabs Griff will take when he does eventually pull the trigger (s)..... fun times....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    So... What are all of our attainable options even if we don't care for it?
    1. Sign and Trade for Lowry
    2. Trade for Dragic
    3. Trade for Brogdon
    4. Tim Hardaway Jr
    5. Extend Lonzo
    6. Dennis Schroder
    7. Trade for Ricky Rubio
    8. Sign Dinwiddie
    9. Sign a bottom of the barrel guy - Peyton, Derrick Rose, Reggie Jackson

Am I missing anyone else?
    If they are dead set on not bringing back Lonzo, go get a Kendrick Dunn, or a TJ McConnell and let him fight it out with Kira.

Note: I do think Eldrid will be in a Pelican uni next year on the cheap.

Thunder, Spurs, Raptors and Pelicans vying for Zack Collins. He's talented but always hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Thunder, Spurs, Raptors and Pelicans vying for Zack Collins. He's talented but always hurt.
    No love for Bobby Portis?

Norman Powell is an interesting one to me. Kinda underwhelming and not sure what that would say.

Bringing in Lowry would tell me they eventually see Kira as the future but want some vet leadership to compete now and help mold the team for the future. I get that. Dragic fits here, too. This is my favorite plan for the present and future.

I get Brogdon because that's adding a player in their prime. Not as much experience as above but ok I still get it and dig it.

Sexton seems like giving up on Kira being the starter a bit but I can still understand why fans would want that. I'm not the biggest fan of this.

Bringing back Ball and Hart makes sense since neither have reached their prime. I think they can both eventually become a starter (Ball) and 6th or 7th option (Hart) on a contender.

Norman Powell.....is....well....he's Norman Powell. And at this point he will probably always be Norman Powell. A good 8th or 9th man on a contending team to be generous. Maybe brings some experience but.....I dunno.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-01-2021 at 07:36 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Norman Powell is an interesting one to me. Kinda underwhelming and not sure what that would say.

Bringing in Lowry would tell me they eventually see Kira as the future but want some vet leadership to compete now and help mold the team for the future. I get that. Dragic fits here, too. This is my favorite plan for the present and future.

I get Brogdon because that's adding a player in their prime. Not as much experience as above but ok I still get it and dig it.

Sexton seems like giving up on Kira being the starter a bit but I can still understand why fans would want that. I'm not the biggest fan of this.

Bringing back Ball and Hart makes sense since neither have reached their prime. I think they can both eventually become a starter (Ball) and 6th or 7th option (Hart) on a contender.

Norman Powell.....is....well....he's Norman Powell. And at this point he will probably always be Norman Powell. A good 8th or 9th man on a contending team to be generous. Maybe brings some experience but.....I dunno.

Am I missing something?
    Chances are....

If you bring in Powell... We move NAW to PG? That doesn't sound ideal at all.

Am I missing something?
    What is going on here? 8th or 9th man lol. The guy just shot 41% from 3 on 6 attempts per game and averaged 19 a night on a 48/41/87 clip. He?s also a very solid and switchable defender. Very lazy take

Am I missing something?
    You have undervalued Powell by alot here. Like alot.

I wish we knew how willing to deal Brogdon, Indiana is. I wanna know what the pricetag would be. That would be the perfect next domino to fall. Would make missing out on Lowry a blessing, if we offer Dinwiddie $25 million, it would've been a curse.
    Last edited by RUFshreve; 08-01-2021 at 08:13 PM.

https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...nba-free-agent

Good read up on Dinwiddie here. Jackson Frank is great

Maybe I did undervalue him. Lol. I dunno. Having watched Portland in the postseason, I remember feeling very underwhelmed by everyone but Lillard. But mistake in undervaluing is overshadowing my point......he was getting thrown around as a "instead of Lowry or Ball" so I was trying to figure out what bringing him in would say for the team moving forward. NAW at PG? Kira ready to take over?

Dinwiddie would be ok on the cheap in my book in that he seems like the type of guy that would teach Kira a thing or two. I still envision Kira as the future so that would be priority, to me.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-01-2021 at 08:43 PM.

It's amazing how much the fans and sportswriters love Brogdon but we never hear the team say his name.

Yep, looks like Miami is the overwhelming favourite for Lowry.

So the question is, what does New Orleans do instead? Knowing us, the answer is probably maxing Dinwiddie or something equally stupid.

I am fine with Dinwiddie on a 16 to 18 million a year contract or a 1 or 2 year $20 million a year deal. If the Pels give him 4 years, $20-$25 million, they are idiots.

Dinwiddie @ 20MM per or Lonzo @ 20MM per?

To me it's a no brainer. Lonzo will likely retain is value; I'm not confident Dinwiddie will at all. One's is coming off a lost season due to injury; the other is coming off the second consecutive season where he his splits have improved dramatically. One has the endorsement of the only person that matters (tic); the other doesn't. One was the best defensive player in his starting five last year, the other was the best defender in the OR. If 20MM is the number, which one would you give it to?
    Last edited by As I See It; 08-01-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Dinwiddie @ 20MM per or Lonzo @ 20MM per?

To me it's a no brainer. Lonzo will likely retain is value; I'm not confident Dinwiddie will at all. One's is coming off a lost season due to injury; the other is coming off the second consecutive season where he his splits have improved. One has the endorsement of the only person that matters (tic); the other doesn't. If 20MM is the number, which one would you give it to?
    If someone forced me to give $20m to either it would be Lonzo, but I'd rather pay neither of them that much money.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...nba-free-agent

Good read up on Dinwiddie here. Jackson Frank is great
    I'd like Dinwiddie as well. (He'd fit in too perfectly with the Wiz) I've studied the draw backs of his game for sure, most notably, his 3p percentage. However I'd be down for a 2 year deal Deal worth 18Mill. Then we can still sign a SG like Norman Powell with our remaining cap space.

Anyway, offer CP3 the maximum amount of money you can legally do so.

I have no idea what they're going to do at this PG position now but what do y'all think about Danny Green on the team?

Danny Green, for reasonable money, is always a good addition to any team.

Thread Information