Pelicans Report

Page 64 of 157 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

I shudder at the idea of a BI/Markkanen/Zion/NAW lineup on defense.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I shudder at the idea of a BI/Markkanen/Zion/NAW lineup on defense.
    Good point but I believe NAW started to show some defensive promise. I also think they would lethal on offense. Just a fun time to be a Pels fan. Looking forward to the start of FA.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelicanProf View Post
    Good point but I believe NAW started to show some defensive promise. I also think they would lethal on offense. Just a fun time to be a Pels fan. Looking forward to the start of FA.
    🤞
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    How we getting brogdon and keeping Zo?
    Brogdon is on a $20 million per year

If Lonzo doesn't get his $20 million. We could keep both if Lonzo is like $16 million . Should we...

I wouldn't mind. If it makes Zion happy and FA is typical where players have very little interest coming here unless we overpay grossly. I'd say just keep him. Lonzo does gives us versatility and depth even if his on ball defense is pretty non existent and his slow feet gets him cooked to the basketball. He has no business guarding elite guards. He still be an overpriced move where you're betting his potential turns this into a cheap contract. Still an easily a movable contract regardless.

Brogdon Lewis
    NAW Lonzo
    Ingram Naji Trey
    Zion Hayes
    JV Portis

Definitely can put together some versatility, but there isn't much elite half court floor general. Definitely would have a lot of coaching up to make it work.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-01-2021 at 12:36 PM.

I don't see Markannen in a deal with Ball. I would think it would be something like Satoransky or Aminu and a future pick (hopefully a protected 1st in 2025). Would prefer getting White and a pick if possible.

We have mentioned this guy's name before and he does not appear to be reliable. However, for some reason, he posts a lot about the Pelicans-

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    We have mentioned this guy's name before and he does not appear to be reliable. However, for some reason, he posts a lot about the Pelicans-

This is common sense tho. We have to give him to bag for him to come here over Philly or Miami. He still probably take a pay cut to play in Philly tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This is common sense tho. We have to give him to bag for him to come here over Philly or Miami. He still probably take a pay cut to play in Philly tho lol.
    I can't remember the exact mechanics of it, but Shamit was tweeting the other day about how, because of our cap situation and the structures of sign and trades and so on, there's functionally no difference for us between paying Lowry $30m a year and paying him $36m a year. If the latter is what it takes to get him, get him - it doesn't significantly alter our flexibility going forward either way.

Found the tweets:

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

The 2 rookies and Naji makes Hart expendable. Hoping we can work a sign and trade and get back something of value.

Casts some doubt on the idea of them pursuing Lowry hard

Naji is just a better Hart in all respects

Wow..i did not see that coming

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Wow..i did not see that coming
    I don't think it rules it out, they still have other avenues to create space and I guess if Lowry *really* wanted to take a paycut to play there they could do a Duncan Robinson double s+t, but the feasibility of fielding both Lowry and Dragic is a bit shaky and it's not like Dragic is cheap.

Woj saying they are still very much interested in KL

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Naji is just a better Hart in all respects
    Agreed

Sign and trade Dragic. Seems like Toronto just gonna tank this season. Kind of wild. Went from Championship to 2nd best record. Then, they got relocated and decided it was a good time to start rebuilding. The decisiveness is pretty on point.

https://theathletic.com/2744648/2021...nt/?source=rss

Guillory basically says that the Pels best option is to match the bulls offer to Zo after Lowry signs with the Mavs. We’ll also resign Josh heart and use the MLE on a player and build the team organically rather than “relying on the cap space fairy to save them”.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

Guillory basically says that the Pels best option is to match the bulls offer to Zo after Lowry signs with the Mavs. We’ll also resign Josh heart and use the MLE on a player and build the team organically rather than “relying on the cap space fairy to save them”.
    Seems redundant to keep both. Especially, when we are trying to not be so guard heavy rotation. Thankfully. 4 guards and Melli still haunt me.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-01-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

I don't think this is gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Seems redundant to keep both. Especially, when we are trying to not be so guard heavy rotation. Thankfully. 4 guards and Melli still haunt me.
    I guess the one thing Hart is he can be your wing player and he can be your small ball 4. He does give you lineup flexibility but I do agree it’s redundant. Naji can give u what Hart does but I honestly recall Naji playing the 4 in any lineups. Maybe he did but my memory sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I don't think this is gonna happen.
    I would certainly hope its not going to happen.

The Lowry decision is such a huge deal leaguewide it's crazy.

If he signs with Dallas, New Orleans and Miami both have to go into scramble mode and Toronto has to fully accept that they're in a rebuild.
    If he signs with Miami, New Orleans still has to scramble but Dallas is now left with a huge demand for additional playmaking and ballhandling, which probably drives up Hardaway's pricetag for them, and again, Toronto has to accept they're in a rebuild.
    If he signs in New Orleans, Miami suddenly has no clear way to improve having already locked in to Dragic and Robinson now has higher leverage over them; Toronto, again, same thing.
    If he stays in Toronto, New Orleans, Miami, and Dallas are all suddenly bereft.

And of course, this can extend larger: if, for example, New Orleans gets him by wrapping him into the Memphis trade then now Memphis are involved (At least on paper) etc etc.

Huge implications.

The Lowry decision is such a huge deal leaguewide it's crazy.

If he signs with Dallas, New Orleans and Miami both have to go into scramble mode and Toronto has to fully accept that they're in a rebuild.
    If he signs with Miami, New Orleans still has to scramble but Dallas is now left with a huge demand for additional playmaking and ballhandling, which probably drives up Hardaway's pricetag for them, and again, Toronto has to accept they're in a rebuild.
    If he signs in New Orleans, Miami suddenly has no clear way to improve having already locked in to Dragic and Robinson now has higher leverage over them; Toronto, again, same thing.
    If he stays in Toronto, New Orleans, Miami, and Dallas are all suddenly bereft.

And of course, this can extend larger: if, for example, New Orleans gets him by wrapping him into the Memphis trade then now Memphis are involved (At least on paper) etc etc.

Huge implications.
    Who would have known

Hall of Famer
    Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
    about 7 minutes ago
    Miami's status as the favorite to land Kyle Lowry was only enhanced by the decision to pick up Goran Dragic's option for next season, league sources say. A sign-and-trade with Toronto for Lowry centered around Dragic's $19.4MM deal for next season is an obvious route to a deal.

Hart misses too many way open threes

Thread Information