Pelicans Report

Page 61 of 157 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Your offer may be good if you change the 3/100 to 2/100. CP has a PO north of 44 mil he is declining. Looking for a 50 mil per yr deal.
    He is not looking for $50 million a year. Reportedly he will sign for 3/$90 with the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    So what's the backup plan if lowry passes on coming here which is more likely than not
    Brogdon?

So what's the backup plan if lowry passes on coming here which is more likely than not
    Ball?

No surprises here. Had to do it.

1) Can't S&T anyone without the QO
    2) If we end up needing/wanting to bring either of them back, the QO needs to be out there to match any deal
    3) QO Can be withdrawn at any point so it doesn't cost us anything to extend it
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He is not looking for $50 million a year. Reportedly he will sign for 3/$90 with the Suns.
    Yeah, from what I've heard he's declining the PO because he wants more guaranteed money long term, not because it's not enough yearly.

Why accept a $44m player option now when you could get injured or get hurt, and that's all you'll get, when you could sign a 3/$90 or a 3/$100 deal and get paid less per year but have multiple years of incoming adding up to more than the $44m? It's not about single year salary for CP3, I'm sure.

I am curious as to what Griff's backup plan is if Dallas ends up outbidding him for Lowry.

Lonzo, but wouldn't be adverse to Goran Dragic (especially if we could sign and trade Lonzo for Robinson or McDermott). Dragic would be ideal mentor for Kira and wouldn't require a whole lot of minutes which would insure that Lewis get ample playing time.

Lonzo QO: 14 million
    Hart QO: 5 Million

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

2) If we end up needing/wanting to bring either of them back, the QO needs to be out there to match any deal
    Just limits the available money under the cap until the offer is rescinded.

Has to be Brogdon or Dragic. That's the only good vet pgs who would be available through trades right?

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Has to be Brogdon or Dragic. That's the only good vet pgs who would be available through trades right?
    Technically... I think we want to do a sign and trade for Lowry for cap reasons.

Trying to look up better options at point guards. Looking at the per ranking is pretty wild.

You get your usual suspects.

1. Curry
    2. Lillard
    3. Luka
    6.CP3
    8. Jrue Holiday
    9. Westbrook
    10. Conley

Then, it completely falls off the rails

11. Derrick Rose/Ben Simmons
    14. Colin Sexton
    15. Brogdon
    16. Kemba Walker
    25. Lowry
    26. Haliburton
    28. Lonzo Ball

They really aren't that many viable options.

Yeah... I think Brogdon is probably best player that can surge into a top ten PG with Zion and Ingram with good years ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Just limits the available money under the cap until the offer is rescinded.
    Pelicans, as of today, are not planning on using cap room on this offseasons moves
    @mcnamara247

Zack Collins? Wealth of talent, but can't get on the court due to injury. Is he worth the league minimum so the Pelicans can kick the tires? Low risk, high reward?

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1542873/

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Zack Collins? Wealth of talent, but can't get on the court due to injury. Is he worth the league minimum so the Pelicans can kick the tires?

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1542873/
    Isn't he injured?

Rookie
    He shot 48% TS this year and had a TOV% almost twice his AST%. He is years away from being a good player, if he ever gets there. Again, there's a reason ATL is prioritising shopping him before his extension comes up and not Huerter.
    The man came back from a long injury hiatus and single handily kept them in the game against the Bucks. Middleton was scorching hot until Reddish came in to defend him. He also shot lights out from three.

Very small sample size, sure. But doing it in the conference finals against a team that was clearly better shows he has the ability and potential to be a true shut down three and D wing, which are difficult to find.

With a change of scenery and a defined role, there's no reason to believe he won't be a regular rotation guy that can help you win games. If the Hawks are willing to part with him for cheap, we should be all over that.

The move is purely a basketball one, but if it happens to appease Zion, then even better. You think Thanasis is actually an NBA player?

I swear this happened yonks ago

Probably to work out a sign and trade with Lonzo, bring back Hart, be an over the cap team and use the TPE the Pelicans get from the Memphis deal.

After that it's let everyone go, be an under the cap team. give out a dumb contract or (hopefully) scoop up leftovers that dont get what they're looking for in FA.

Hall of Famer
    Grant Afseth
    @GrantAfseth

The Miami Heat currently are viewed as the front-runner to sign veteran point guard Kyle Lowry in free agency, a league source tells
    @MavericksSI

Quote Originally Posted by socbe7 View Post
    The man came back from a long injury hiatus and single handily kept them in the game against the Bucks. Middleton was scorching hot until Reddish came in to defend him. He also shot lights out from three.

Very small sample size, sure. But doing it in the conference finals against a team that was clearly better shows he has the ability and potential to be a true shut down three and D wing, which are difficult to find.

With a change of scenery and a defined role, there's no reason to believe he won't be a regular rotation guy that can help you win games. If the Hawks are willing to part with him for cheap, we should be all over that.

The move is purely a basketball one, but if it happens to appease Zion, then even better. You think Thanasis is actually an NBA player?
    Of course Thanasis isn't an NBA player. He's also not a former top 10 pick who had top 5 pick hype who will probably get large FA offers if we don't extend him to big money early based on exactly the same flashes you're using to endorse him as a worthwhile target. Thanasis is a vanity move for the Bucks, sure, but he's a vanity move that costs that basically nothing, never will cost them anything, and doesn't require any play time.

Getting, attempting to develop, and then eventually retaining Reddish would have a cost in terms of assets of acquisition, playing time for development, and potentially a very large payday to keep him around. Why a large payday? Cause there will be someone like yourself who uses one or two outlier games where a 26% 3PT shooter hits a bunch in order to fool themselves into thinking he's worth $10m+ a year. At that point you either pay him, or lose him for nothing - which means the assets you spent to get him are vanished into the void too.

If you think Cam is going to figure everything out in the next 18 months or so, then fair enough. That's a belief you can have, and then trading for him potentially makes sense. But I do not think that's in the case because his offensive game has so far to go before it is even consistently bad let alone actually being good.

Last year Cam Reddish was 21st percentile in O-EPM. The 397th rated O-EPM in the NBA. I don't care how many shots he hits in one game: good for him. The argument is not ''Cam Reddish has never had a game where he hit shots''. It's not even ''Cam Reddish will never be good'' - though I still have doubts about that. The argument is ''Cam Reddish is so far away from being good that even if he ever gets there, you will have to pay him to retain him and, due to exactly the argument you are making about potential plus his pedigree, that payment is likely to be more than he will be worth''.

Didi is a RFA. Can be used in a S&T, or retained, as the team sees fit.

Realgm reporting bulls will offer Lonzo 4yr 80mil, maybe take this with a grain of salt. However if this is Zo's biggest offer in FA should we match if we whiff on Lowry?

4yr 80mil would be my absolute limit I would go to re-sign Zo if we miss on any of our other key PG targets.

Grant Afseth
    @GrantAfseth

The Miami Heat currently are viewed as the front-runner to sign veteran point guard Kyle Lowry in free agency, a league source tells
    @MavericksSI
    Lowry's agent bumping up his price.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Pelicans, as of today, are not planning on using cap room on this offseasons moves
    What does that mean? All sign and trades? Who is the backup plan to Lowry? I sure hope it?s not Dinwiddie. I?d rather re-sign Ball or trade for Brogdon if we can?t get Lowry.

Thread Information