Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

I agree with whoever said we don't need too much to get "over the hump".

If we can shed Bledsoe and somehow get a decent starting PG alongside Lonzo (if he stays) I would be happy.

Glad we signed Naji and hope we can keep JJohnson.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Probably
    The clock is ticking

Besides the growth of Zion and BI on the defensive side of the ball, which they both performed better in the 2nd half of the season. Another big key to this team's future is obviously Jaxson imo. He can be such a huge weapon.

With his movement and footwork, he could be a lynchpin on defense and a future DPOY candidate. He can be used to hard hedge even high screens if this team ever learns how to rotate and/or tag properly.

I thought he did well defending that Curry PnR in the 2nd meeting.

Endless positive possibilities if Jax ever reaches his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Besides the growth of Zion and BI on the defensive side of the ball, which they both performed better in the 2nd half of the season. Another big key to this team's future is obviously Jaxson imo. He can be such a huge weapon.

With his movement and footwork, he could be a lynchpin on defense and a future DPOY candidate. He can be used to hard hedge even high screens if this team ever learns how to rotate and/or tag properly.

I thought he did well defending that Curry PnR in the 2nd meeting.

Endless positive possibilities if Jax ever reaches his potential.
    And stops trying outrageous dunks over 7 footers

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    And stops trying outrageous dunks over 7 footers
    Once he's put on another 20lbs he'll be landing those dunks over 7 footers and we'll all be laughing
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The clock is ticking
    I like that answer from Zion, but I hope Griffin doesn’t overreact to it. I just don’t want to see us force bad moves. Still, pressure on the FO is good. We might actually invest in spacing this time around. Almost sounds like a bit of a shot at the coaching staff ‘trying the same thing and expecting different results.’ Could also be directed at the lack of personnel we brought in in favor of guys like Reddick, Melli, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not getting into a debate about it. You want to think Lonzo Ball has always been a wizard with the pocket passes, you feel free to do so.
    Never said wizard, but he was fine. I am sure you have a complaint about the way he and BI put on their shoes.

And remember, this is Griff; he famously handed out weirdly oversized ''friends of the stars get paid'' contracts in Cleveland to the likes of JR Smith and Tristan Thompson.
    He certainly has and that is scary. I would not think Zion is at a point where he demands that only his desires be considered like Lebron has done.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    My interest level in this team will fall drastically if we keep Ball. I can't watch the most inconsistent player in the NBA every night. Not gonna happen.
    Me and you brother. Zo stans on Reddit, YouTube, and Twitter would drive me insane as well. They called him a modern day Gary freaking Payton LMAO
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Me and you brother. Zo stans on Reddit, YouTube, and Twitter would drive me insane as well. They called him a modern day Gary freaking Payton LMAO
    I've seen Zo stans still trying to push the ''Steph Curry with a vertical'' narrative.

They've bought into him as a figurehead rather than as a basketball player and have invested a lot of their personal identity in him at this point. Absolute cultists. No point in even trying to talk to them.

If he had taken a monumental leap like Ingram did, at least there would be kind of something to justify it, but he hasn't. He's as inconsistent as ever.

I've seen Zo stans still trying to push the ''Steph Curry with a vertical'' narrative.

They've bought into him as a figurehead rather than as a basketball player and have invested a lot of their personal identity in him at this point. Absolute cultists. No point in even trying to talk to them.

If he had taken a monumental leap like Ingram did, at least there would be kind of something to justify it, but he hasn't. He's as inconsistent as ever.
    I know, and Julius Randle will never sustain his early season numbers this year either, huh?

As far as my count the Pelicans have one first round pick and 4 2nd round picks. The reason I ask or want to verify is due to the speculative mock drafts that have all kind of trades. What gives on the Laker pick ( I know it is protected)? Pelicans don't get it because it didn't land in top 10? I am not sure of what is going on? Mock drafts have the Lakers drafting a first round pick.

The more I think about it, the more I think Ingram is the worst part of a 2/3 combined. He's not a good enough shooter to be a pure 2 like McCollum and he's certainly not good enough of a slasher/defender to be a 3

What the hell is he?

I will give him playmaking credit though. He's good at that when it's not crunch time

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    As far as my count the Pelicans have one first round pick and 4 2nd round picks. The reason I ask or want to verify is due to the speculative mock drafts that have all kind of trades. What gives on the Laker pick ( I know it is protected)? Pelicans don't get it because it didn't land in top 10? I am not sure of what is going on? Mock drafts have the Lakers drafting a first round pick.
    Lakers need to move into the top 4 for us to get it. Which means they need to lose both play in games for starters

99% we'll have their unprotected pick in 2022

David kind of played himself on that and it's not his fault entirely. The logic is to catch the Lakers with a super old LeBron, no cap space, and no talent.

I would argue that an extra 1st round pick in this draft is just more valuable for trade assets and possibly if Langdon can work some late round magic like gambling on a Cam Thomas.

But not everything can play out like we want too. 2 years ago... This draft was labeled to be solid to good, but these players really blossom the last two years into one of the most exciting draft in a few years. I can't expect anyone to think that far ahead at the draft.
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-18-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks, it just pushes the pick to 2022. Do you think Pelicans keep all 4 2nd round picks?

Thanks, it just pushes the pick to 2022. Do you think Pelicans keep all 4 2nd round picks?
    Heavens no

Nah... They really got to get a late 1st round and start building the bench organically.

A TALE OF TWO CITIES

Boston:

“The bottom line is, you have a lot of people in Boston that have looked to Brad Stevens and wondered if they’ve turned a deaf ear to what he’s saying,” Steven Smith said. “We know he knows what he’s talking about. We know that he knows the game. We know that from that perspective he deserves the credibility that he has. But, there does come a point in time where you can look at an individual and say, they’re just not listening to you anymore.”

Still, Smith doesn’t believe the matter is necessarily Stevens’ fault, per se. He’s just simply suggesting the Celtics are done listening to Brad.

“Coaches are human beings too, with a job description and sometimes that job and your ability to do that job is compromised,” Smith said. “Not because of lack of knowledge; it’s because people are tired of hearing your voice and that’s entirely plausible when it comes to Brad Stevens.”

Change just a few words and you have......

New Orleans:

“The bottom line is, you have a lot of people in New Orleans that have looked to Stan van Gundy and wondered if they’ve turned a deaf ear to what he’s saying,” Steven Smith said. “We know he knows what he’s talking about. We know that he knows the game. We know that from that perspective he deserves the credibility that he has. But, there does come a point in time where you can look at an individual and say, they’re just not listening to you anymore.”

Still, Smith doesn’t believe the matter is necessarily van Gundy's fault, per se. He’s just simply suggesting the Pelicans are done listening to Stan.

“Coaches are human beings too, with a job description and sometimes that job and your ability to do that job is compromised,” Smith said. “Not because of lack of knowledge; it’s because people are tired of hearing your voice and that’s entirely plausible when it comes to Stan van Gundy.”

~~~~

I am he, as you are he, as you are me, and we are all together.
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-18-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    A TALE OF TWO CITIES

Boston:

“The bottom line is, you have a lot of people in Boston that have looked to Brad Stevens and wondered if they’ve turned a deaf ear to what he’s saying,” Steven Smith said. “We know he knows what he’s talking about. We know that he knows the game. We know that from that perspective he deserves the credibility that he has. But, there does come a point in time where you can look at an individual and say, they’re just not listening to you anymore.”

Still, Smith doesn’t believe the matter is necessarily Stevens’ fault, per se. He’s just simply suggesting the Celtics are done listening to Brad.

“Coaches are human beings too, with a job description and sometimes that job and your ability to do that job is compromised,” Smith said. “Not because of lack of knowledge; it’s because people are tired of hearing your voice and that’s entirely plausible when it comes to Brad Stevens.”

New Orleans:

“The bottom line is, you have a lot of people in New Orleans that have looked to Stan van Gundy and wondered if they’ve turned a deaf ear to what he’s saying,” Steven Smith said. “We know he knows what he’s talking about. We know that he knows the game. We know that from that perspective he deserves the credibility that he has. But, there does come a point in time where you can look at an individual and say, they’re just not listening to you anymore.”

Still, Smith doesn’t believe the matter is necessarily van Gundy's fault, per se. He’s just simply suggesting the Pelicans are done listening to Stan.

“Coaches are human beings too, with a job description and sometimes that job and your ability to do that job is compromised,” Smith said. “Not because of lack of knowledge; it’s because people are tired of hearing your voice and that’s entirely plausible when it comes to Stan van Gundy.”

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
    See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
    I'm crying!!!
    How can you say this when we were #1 In defense late in the season?

Van Gundy has been here for less than a year without a training camp/ off season. This is the dumbest comparison I have seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Van Gundy has been here for less than a year without a training camp/ off season. This is the dumbest comparison I have seen in a while.
    Very on brand for him though

A TALE OF TWO CITIES

Boston:

New Orleans:

~~~~

Both teams are plagued with horrendous GMing. Boston roster is kind of a positionless mess with no real big worth anything and they aren't stuffed with shooters anymore. It's literally Brown and Tatum show with an occasional showing from Kemba Needsa Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Both teams are plagued with horrendous GMing. Boston roster is kind of a positionless mess with no real big worth anything and they aren't stuffed with shooters anymore. It's literally Brown and Tatum show with an occasional showing from Kemba Needsa Walker.
    They're basically Portland East

A TALE OF TWO CITIES

Boston:

New Orleans:

~~~~

Let's parse it.....

New Orleans:

The bottom line is, you have a lot of people in New Orleans that have looked to Stan van Gundy and wondered if they’ve turned a deaf ear to what he’s saying. True / False

We know he knows what he’s talking about. We know that he knows the game. We know that from that perspective he deserves the credibility that he has. True / False

But, there does come a point in time where you can look at an individual and say, they’re just not listening to you anymore. True / False

Still, Smith doesn’t believe the matter is necessarily van Gundy's fault, per se. He’s just simply suggesting the Pelicans are done listening to Stan. True / False

Coaches are human beings too, with a job description and sometimes that job and your ability to do that job is compromised. True / False

Not because of lack of knowledge; it’s because people are tired of hearing your voice and that’s entirely plausible when it comes to Stan van Gundy. True / False

Despite the spin, it is what it is.

Thread Information