Pelicans Report

Page 57 of 157 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I am now going to be extremely disappointed if we don't land Ingles. He's the perfect fit
    I mean, I feel like it's a very very small chance thing, but it would be so good if we could pull it off.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, I feel like it's a very very small chance thing, but it would be so good if we could pull it off.
    Now we've given away our trump card in Pick 53, no chance

Utah: Pick 17
    Atlanta: Picks 30, 35
    New Orleans: Ingles, Reddish

Alternatively:

Utah: Pick 17
    Minny: Picks 30, 35
    New Orleans: Ingles, Culver

Despite what I said yesterday, I'd like to take a chance on one of these 2019 draft class wings if you bring in Ingles to stabilize the bench

I'd love Ingles here, but all I really want is some order of:

Lonzo - D-Rob sign and trade/Lowry on a short term deal/whatever rotation big we can get with our MLE

And just wait and see if/when Lillard/Beal/SGA become available this summer and heading into the season. Try to keep Ingram against all odds, but he's probably gone if we're seriously pursuing Dame/Beal

Haven't followed the draft much this year, so I'll cram for a few hours and see if theirs's anyone in our slot I think we should bite on.

Isn't he the same guy who's been putting out those OKC shopping Shai for a top 3 pick reports (which I don't believe at all)? Not saying we're likely not the favorites to land KLO (think we are) but how reputable is he actually?

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post

Lonzo - D-Rob sign and trade/Lowry on a short term deal/whatever rotation big we can get with our MLE

And just wait and see if/when Lillard/Beal/SGA become available this summer and heading into the season. Try to keep Ingram against all odds, but he's probably gone if we're seriously pursuing Dame/Beal

Haven't followed the draft much this year, so I'll cram for a few hours and see if theirs's anyone in our slot I think we should bite on.
    Best place to look for a quick crash course through the draft?

- https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/7/...best-available - I don't agree with everything here but Ricky O'Donnell is pretty good

- docs.google.com/document/d/1nCxK5hlJcMuvYBuEl1JOCjbDwy1VcgknwbFRC2IP8KM/edit?usp=drivesdk - Short crash course designed to be relatively quick to scan each prospect (a capsule board) from Brian Schroeder (used to be Cosmis on Twitter)

SGA is making 5.5 mil this year, meaning the Pels could realistically match his salary with a combination of Kira Lewis and Didi Louzada. Crazy to think the Pels could actually acquire Lowry, Ingles, and Jonas this offseason and still trade for SGA without going into the tax. Shows why the flexibility created by trading Adams and Bledsoe was so important

Isn't he the same guy who's been putting out those OKC shopping Shai for a top 3 pick reports (which I don't believe at all)? Not saying we're likely not the favorites to land KLO (think we are) but how reputable is he actually?
    Seems to be well respected by NBA writers and bloggers

Seems to be well respected by NBA writers and bloggers
    I'll trust them over my own suspicions then lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Best place to look for a quick crash course through the draft?

- https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/7/...best-available - I don't agree with everything here but Ricky O'Donnell is pretty good

- docs.google.com/document/d/1nCxK5hlJcMuvYBuEl1JOCjbDwy1VcgknwbFRC2IP8KM/edit?usp=drivesdk - Short crash course designed to be relatively quick to scan each prospect (a capsule board) from Brian Schroeder (used to be Cosmis on Twitter)
    Thanks Dae, will do a deep dive this afternoon!

I'll trust them over my own suspicions then lol

Not the real Delon Wright btw

SGA is making 5.5 mil this year, meaning the Pels could realistically match his salary with a combination of Kira Lewis and Didi Louzada. Crazy to think the Pels could actually acquire Lowry, Ingles, and Jonas this offseason and still trade for SGA without going into the tax. Shows why the flexibility created by trading Adams and Bledsoe was so important
    I didn't comment on it at the time but I'm so glad Griffin is acting with actual urgency and direction this offseason. Honestly we were all probably a bit jaded about last season (and rightfully so) but we were likely never going to experience a huge setback as a team from the Jrue trade, as kinda terrible as it was.

Our core is too good, and we have too many assets and tradable contracts (Bled and Adams, as bad as they were last year, were pretty easily movable) not to reroute our direction as a franchise, WITH the caveat that management acts with a sense of urgency, and so far it seems they are.
    Last edited by Funcrusher; 07-29-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Not the real Delon Wright btw
    thanks for that. seems trustworthy

Thanks Dae, will do a deep dive this afternoon!
    No problem! As with all things, take stuff with a grain of salt, but both of those guys are people I trust with regards to the draft, that I know use a combination of lots of film along with the statistical analysis, and have historically been fairly good projectors of talent. More hits than misses, is what I mean by that.

Same guy. If we are the favorites, that points to a significant overpay IMO as there are many more "ready to compete" teams after him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That or players REALLY like Willie Green. Like way more than any of us fans realize.

I'm trying very hard to suppress feelings of intense optimism right now

I don't know why, maybe I'm just letting how much I liked the Valanciunas trade get to my head and am buying too much into the reports and rumours, but I really feel like there are pathways to serious improvement this offseason.

This most likely means Buddy to the Lakers for Kuz and Trez

And right on cue

I don't think matching salaries is really the deal breaker for SGA though. We'd have to pay/overpay enough to convince them to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I don't think matching salaries is really the deal breaker for SGA though. We'd have to pay/overpay enough to convince them to trade him.
    Of course. That wasn't the point of my post. More so that we can add a ton of talent this offseason and still slot SGA in cap-wise. We'd have to give up A TON in draft capital

Ah well, these are fire.

Definitely will be picking up a pair.

Hall of Famer
    With the raptors passing on suggs wouldn't be surprised if Lowry stays in Canada

Thread Information