Pelicans Report

Page 49 of 157 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    He wouldn't be in the NBA if someone (Milwaukee) didn't value him in the first place. Most act like he's garbage; I disagree. He's a malcontent with an attitude that never wanted to be here. Get rid of him, but as filler or some other means. I'm not tying a lottery pick to him to get rid of him with a negative return coming back to us.
    That is where the confusion lies. People are saying he is a negative ASSET, not a player who has zero worth in a vaccum or zero ability to help a team. If you do not understand the difference, read my post prior to this one
    @mcnamara247

Gotta say I'm having fun reading all of the different trade scenarios people are throwing out, as well as other situations that don't entail trades en masse (Shamit discussing his dump Bledsoe/Sign Duncan Robinson stuff on Twitter).

I'm not going to bother speculating about what I think will happen since I'm terrible at predicting trade stuff - can't remember the last time I predicted a specific trade and it happened - so I'm just enjoying the huge range of possibilities.

Will be excited to find out what happens. Hoping that this off-season isn't a let down. Next year's a big one for us imo.
    Basketball.

Serious question, is Duncan Robinson better than lonzo?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    That is where the confusion lies. People are saying he is a negative ASSET, not a player who has zero worth in a vaccum or zero ability to help a team. If you do not understand the difference, read my post prior to this one
    In a vacuum, is the 10th pick in this draft and Eric Bledsoe worth less than the 17th pick in this draft? It's hard to believe that anyone would think so.

In a vacuum, is the 10th pick in this draft and Eric Bledsoe worth less than the 17th pick in this draft? It's hard to believe that anyone would think so.
    Thats not the entirity of the deal they are discussing. So, no, nobody thinks that is equal

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    It depends on what you mean by 'better', which I'm aware is not a very helpful answer.

He's a better and more versatile shooter, and would almost certainly be a better fit next to Zion and Ingram. However, it's easy to imagine team circumstances where Lonzo would be more helpful. Those circumstances just aren't the one we're in, imo.

Thats not the entirity of the deal they are discussing. So, no, nobody thinks that is equal
    Then you have knowledge the rest of us obviously don't have (as far as I can tell nothing is linked to this move but conjecture).

Then you have knowledge the rest of us obviously don't have (as far as I can tell nothing is linked to this move but conjecture).
    Even in the article, it says "framework" - not that it is the whole deal. But people dont actually read the articles. They get snippets off twitter and then all feverishly debate the wrong thing on a message board.

If only people would actually read, conversations could be better

Even in the article, it says "framework" - not that it is the whole deal. But people dont actually read the articles. They get snippets off twitter and then all feverishly debate the wrong thing on a message board.

If only people would actually read, conversations could be better
    What I read mentions nothing about it being the 'framework' for a deal or 'makings' of another deal. But, I'll take you at your word.

The Kings, who hold the No. 9 pick in Thursday’s draft, may be the highest option for teams hoping to trade into the lottery. Sacramento and the Pelicans, who have the 10th selection, have been active in trade talks involving those picks, sources tell Fischer, as both teams are looking for veterans who will give them a better chance to make the playoffs next season. New Orleans, which is hoping to unload Eric Bledsoe‘s salary, has talked to the Grizzlies about a deal that would send the veteran guard and the lottery pick to Memphis in exchange for the 17th choice....Arthur Hill
    or...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/
    Last edited by As I See It; 07-25-2021 at 03:22 PM.

That is a poor recap of the original piece. Typical internet. Read the actual Fischer piece then come back and quote tweet it

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I don’t think so. For one, your two best players want him back. For two, he’s improved on a part of his game every year in the league. Lastly, he’s under 25 and has continuity with the guys here. But I fully expect Griff to ******** this up.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

I'm basically just braced for everything to go wrong this offseason. The result of this is that if even one semi-positive thing happens, it will have been better than expectations and I can be happy.

If we somehow get Beal or Lillard with the rumored grizzles move then it is genius IMO. If we just end up with Lowry then it?s so so. Once again my opinion.

Not the worst he could have done to shed Bledsoe?s salary but would like to see it as a contract match for a bigger get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm basically just braced for everything to go wrong this offseason. The result of this is that if even one semi-positive thing happens, it will have been better than expectations and I can be happy.
    its oh so early yet, but this is for you....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    If we somehow get Beal or Lillard with the rumored grizzles move then it is genius IMO. If we just end up with Lowry then it?s so so. Once again my opinion.

Not the worst he could have done to shed Bledsoe?s salary but would like to see it as a contract match for a bigger get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will spoil it for you guys right now -- we aint getting Beal or Lillard this week. Even if they ask out.

The earliest we will get that big guy is February. Which is why it is smart to keep trading picks for future year picks - for when that opportunity actually arises

Such an interesting underwhelming string of transactions made by Griff.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...riffin01x.html

What will he do without a AD or Jrue level talent to trade?
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-25-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Someone needs to show this to Grif.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    A robot that does nothing but shoot threes and is a complete turnstile on defense?

Please, we already tried JJ Redick.

Robots are truly the new Humans

A robot that does nothing but shoot threes and is a complete turnstile on defense?

Yeah, but this one hits on its three’s and doesn’t drop truth bombs on the way out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah, but this one hits on its three’s and doesn’t drop truth bombs on the way out the door.
    This makes me think Zion is out of here

I will spoil it for you guys right now -- we aint getting Beal or Lillard this week. Even if they ask out.

The earliest we will get that big guy is February. Which is why it is smart to keep trading picks for future year picks - for when that opportunity actually arises
    Well ok if that is the case then it makes sense to trade back to 17 and use our early seconds for a future pick. Makes me think this will be a draft day trade

Reddick didn't shoot 100% from three, either. That makes up for the lack of defense.

Is it a robot or Bol Bol dressed as a robot?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Is it a robot or Bol Bol dressed as a robot?
    I really wish that you hadn’t put that image in my mind.

Thread Information