Pelicans Report

Page 44 of 157 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Sorry, I don't see a top 10 player on this team. "Homers" always overvalue their guys.
    Ok, let’s say top 15. Name 15 better players currently than Zion. Go ahead.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-20-2021 at 10:59 PM.

What does "better" mean to you? Like, is Zion more efficient offensively than Middleton or Paul George? Of course. But if I had one game to win tomorrow, I wouldnt take him over either of those guys and I probably dont have Middleton in my top 20

Zion has to do more than score points in one area.of the court to be a top 15 player. Gimme defensive rebounds, more consistent playmaking, some level of defense, etc

Scoring is the easiest thing to replace. Doing only that well does not make you top 15
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    What does "better" mean to you? Like, is Zion more efficient offensively than Middleton or Paul George? Of course. But if I had one game to win tomorrow, I wouldnt take him over either of those guys and I probably dont have Middleton in my top 20

Zion has to do more than score points in one area.of the court to be a top 15 player. Gimme defensive rebounds, more consistent playmaking, some level of defense, etc

Scoring is the easiest thing to replace. Doing only that well does not make you top 15
    Have no faith in Zion ever being good enough for us to lead us to the playoffs alone and will fully expect him to be a top 5 player when he leaves new Orleans. Why? It's because of his parents and his camp.

Zion Williamson was invited to attend the playoffs in PHX with BI and other teammates and turned it down. To me this stuff like this is what folks are not talking about enough with Zion and his camp isolating themselves from this team and building chemistry, cohesiveness, and working out with better coaches/players in the off season. I was TRULY hoping for this to get better this season, but personally it seems like his parents are trying to find any excuse to push Zion out of here.

As a fan I can be wrong because I'm not getting inside info, but how can we expect Zion to get better when he is not able to make any decisions for himself or have people that constantly push him away for opportunities to improve?

Am I tripping about this?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Have no faith in Zion ever being good enough for us to lead us to the playoffs alone and will fully expect him to be a top 5 player when he leaves new Orleans. Why? It's because of his parents and his camp.

Zion Williamson was invited to attend the playoffs in PHX with BI and other teammates and turned it down. To me this stuff like this is what folks are not talking about enough with Zion and his camp isolating themselves from this team and building chemistry, cohesiveness, and working out with better coaches/players in the off season. I was TRULY hoping for this to get better this season, but personally it seems like his parents are trying to find any excuse to push Zion out of here.

As a fan I can be wrong because I'm not getting inside info, but how can we expect Zion to get better when he is not able to make any decisions for himself or have people that constantly push him away for opportunities to improve?

Not really. Guys like Lebron and Giannis grew up street rats with a hunger to be great. Zion has always been fat and pampered and it’s starting to show. Zion is still a top 15 talent in this league though, imo.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-20-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Pels Off season thread

Bah
    Last edited by Sleeper; 07-20-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Ok, let’s say top 15. Name 15 better players currently than Zion. Go ahead.
    Right now? Here's 21 (in no particular order) off the top of my head. I'm sure, I'm missing some.

1. Giannis
    2. Luka
    3. KD
    4. Lebron
    5. Curry
    6. Kawhi
    7. AD
    8. The Joker
    9. Tatum
    10. Booker
    11. Mitchell
    12. Embiid
    13. Dame
    14. Beal
    15. George
    16. Gobert
    17. Young
    18. De'Aaron
    19. Russell
    20. Hardin
    21. Ja

Giannis just did this as the single most offensively dominant player in the finals since Shaq. Jesus christ dude, give it a rest. I stopped replying to you when I refuted this mess of an argument and your reply was "well, um, I just have a different opinion than you, and that's ok." No, it's not. It's not ok to be wrong, continue to be wrong, have an AAU understanding of basketball but parrot that as if you're Phil Jackson. "What does better mean to you" Good Lord
    Last edited by Funcrusher; 07-20-2021 at 11:44 PM.

You guys need to find better ways to spend your time

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not really. Guys like Lebron and Giannis grew up street rats with a hunger to be great. Zion has always been fat and pampered and it’s starting to show. Zion is still a top 15 talent in this league though, imo.
    What the hell are you talking about?

Right now? Here's 21 (in no particular order) off the top of my head. I'm sure, I'm missing some.

1. Giannis
    2. Luka
    3. KD
    4. Lebron
    5. Curry
    6. Kawhi
    7. AD
    8. The Joker
    9. Tatum
    10. Booker
    11. Mitchell
    12. Embiid
    13. Dame
    14. Beal
    15. George
    16. Gobert
    17. Young
    18. De'Aaron
    19. Russell
    20. Hardin
    21. Ja
    Tatum in your top 10? I’d argue that Zion is a better player than Tatum, Mitchell, and George in your top 15. Young you can make an argument for. Ranking Ja and De’Aaron over Zion is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    I am saying guys like Lebron and Giannis have a motivation and leadership quality about them that Zion doesn’t yet appear to have. Zion already appears pampered and is complaining through his family 1.5 years into his NBA career. I don’t blame Paul and AD for wanting to leave the Hornets/Pels at that junction of their careers, although AD should have waited until after the season as a show of respect. Zion is working out away from the team and distancing himself like SilverFoxx said. It doesn’t look good in terms of his leadership ability . Hence why I support a move like adding Lowry to the team at a reasonable cost.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-21-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Tatum in your top 10? I’d argue that Zion is a better player than Tatum, Mitchell, and George in your top 15. Young you can make an argument for. Ranking Ja and De’Aaron over Zion is just nonsense.
    Kindly read what I wrote in the parenthesis. You didn't read it.

Guys who are only positives on one side of the ball and are top 10 players - Lillard, Harden, and Steph

Zion would have to make a MAJOR jump to get to that level of all around offensive force
    1) Lillard's arguably not a top 10 player, and if you include Lillard then you should probably have someone like Gobert in there

2) Harden, Steph and Zion are not defensive negatives, not anymore than guys like KD or Jokic or Luka are.

But I'm sure you'll just say something like "Zion no score outside basket, he 97, 3 level scorers 99's only"

Pointing to an outlier to support your case, does not a good argument make
    And why exactly can?t Lowry bring similar qualities to the Pels as Paul did to the Suns? Please give me those concrete facts that makes your argument better than mine.

1. Giannis
    2. Luka
    3. KD
    4. Lebron
    5. Curry
    6. Kawhi
    7. AD
    8. The Joker
    9. Tatum
    10. Booker
    11. Mitchell
    12. Embiid
    13. Dame
    14. Beal
    15. George
    16. Gobert
    17. Young
    18. De'Aaron
    19. Russell
    20. Hardin
    21. Ja
    You're opinion holds absolutely no weight if:
    A) You think there are 21 better players in the league than Zion

B) If you think players among that list include Ja Morant, De'Aaron Fox (seriously, wtf, troll better lol), Bradley Beal, Devin Booker, Russell Westbrook.

But, we already know about you.

Kindly read what I wrote in the parenthesis. You didn't read it.
    So I would say that Zion is better than Tatum, Mitchell, George, Gobert, Ja, and Fox on that list. He could probably be better than Westbrook and Harden as well in the near future if not already.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-21-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    You guys need to find better ways to spend your time
    This was the same response when I told folks months ago this off season would be crucial, but I was "tripping" back then huh.

Like I would respect your response if you at least tell me an I'm an idiot and provide facts to why I am moronic to say what I said.

I think it's dumb as hell to expect Zion to take this massive leap when he is training with his step dad and seemingly is "not allowed" to do anything else outside his parents watch. ******** comes off like a cult and I'm honestly I'm not as attached to the whole Zion experience as the rest of you guys because he seems to only follow what his parents are saying and they are clearly ignoring logic in alot of situations or is trying to orchestrate his leave in new Orleans. Like how the hell is him attending his teammates in Phx and getting playoffs experience energy in person a bad thing? Like EVERYTHING this franchise does is bad for him? My God I wish he man's up and becomes his own man

The best thing that can honestly comes from this off season is word or footage of him being "allowed" to workout with other coaches or teammates.

Of course he will figure this out when he is 25 on another team though and become everything what we want him to be. I'm honestly ok with this path and won't be sad, but I just don't want the rest of you guys to be SHOCKED if this happens.

Hall of Famer
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-David-Griffin

Jacque Vaughn was the leading candidate to become head coach of the New Orleans Pelicans, but sources tell Bleacher Report that it was his negotiations with David Griffin that derailed the possibility of him joining the franchise. Vaughn removed his name from consideration citing wanting to remain close to his family.

With Vaughn, sources said Griffin had specific ideas to fill out the coach's entire assistant group, envisioning Bucks assistant Charles Lee as the associate head coach, plus a starting backcourt of Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Kira Lewis.

"He wants to have some level of involvement in every decision," one Pelicans voice said.

When Vaughn withdrew, the Pelicans eventually hired Willie Green as head coach.

You're opinion holds absolutely no weight if:
    A) You think there are 21 better players in the league than Zion

B) If you think players among that list include Ja Morant, De'Aaron Fox (seriously, wtf, troll better lol), Bradley Beal, Devin Booker, Russell Westbrook.

But, we already know about you.
    ...and there is more. Middleton, Kyrie, Ayton, Butler, Bam, Siakam, Levine, an old CP3, and Julius. Come back and talk to me when he learns how to play two sides of the court or at least develops a shot that doesn't require at least one foot in the paint.
    Last edited by As I See It; 07-21-2021 at 12:58 AM.

This was the same response when I told folks months ago this off season would be crucial, but I was "tripping" back then huh.

Like I would respect your response if you at least tell me an I'm an idiot and provide facts to why I am moronic to say what I said.

I think it's dumb as hell to expect Zion to take this massive leap when he is training with his step dad and seemingly is "not allowed" to do anything else outside his parents watch. ******** comes off like a cult and I'm honestly I'm not as attached to the whole Zion experience as the rest of you guys because he seems to only follow what his parents are saying and they are clearly ignoring logic in alot of situations or is trying to orchestrate his leave in new Orleans. Like how the hell is him attending his teammates in Phx and getting playoffs experience energy in person a bad thing? Like EVERYTHING this franchise does is bad for him? My God I wish he man's up and becomes his own man

The best thing that can honestly comes from this off season is word or footage of him being "allowed" to workout with other coaches or teammates.

Of course he will figure this out when he is 25 on another team though and become everything what we want him to be. I'm honestly ok with this path and won't be sad, but I just don't want the rest of you guys to be SHOCKED if this happens.
    I never said you were an idiot, but honestly what you're doing is something we as fans do entirely too much. The reality of 99% of the NBA world is that we are on the outside looking in. We like to pretend we have a familiar grasp of these guys by the time they spend a year or two in the league but truth be told we hardly know these people. We get all these little tidbits and leaks into their personal/professional lives and we think we've figured them out.

And then we start trying to put the pieces together, usually to make sense of a disappointing team situation or dysfunctional franchise. Bottom line, none of us are, or likely ever will be in Zion's inner circle, and we don't know the extent of the imprint Zion's parents have on him, good or bad. For all we know you and others could be right, his family could be negatively affecting his career choices or leadership ability, but right now, like most fan speculation, it's simply just that, speculation. And until proven otherwise, I'd like to give Zion the benefit of the doubt in regards to his commitment to his team and winning.

I know the Zion experience thus far hasn't gone the way anyone would want, and there's been a ton of dysfunction, but we have to remind ourselves that it's only been two years in. We have to allot ourselves some level of patience and give things a chance to develop properly, and give Zion a chance to thrive in the best possible environment. Like most dysfunction/bad feelings/drama in sports, winning inevitably cures all, and beyond anything else the worry should primarily be "how do we consistently field a winning team." If we can manage to do that, I'd be surprised to hear all this Zion talk not disappear for a good while, if not completely.

...and there is more. Middleton, Kyrie, Ayton, Butler, Bam, Siakam, Levine, an old CP3, and Julius. Come back and talk to me when he learns how to play two sides of the court or at least develops a shot that doesn't require at least one foot in the paint.
    ok champ. at least you tried

Also, lmao at your "disclaimer" when you simultaneously post garbage like this. Literally all you do is denigrate a great player two years into his career because you want to look edgy or smart. How you can call yourself a fan of this team with a straight face (you probably can't) is beyond me.

13. Zion Williamson
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/5...s-nikola-jokic

Not saying The Ringer is the end all to be all of ranking NBA players.....but they do have a tad more clout than peeps on a forum.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Also, lmao at your "disclaimer" when you simultaneously post garbage like this. Literally all you do is denigrate a great player two years into his career because you want to look edgy or smart. How you can call yourself a fan of this team with a straight face (you probably can't) is beyond me.
    To say he is today the player he'll be five years from now is simply foolish (enter you). He simply isn't a top 20 player today...maybe a top 20 talent, but definitely not a top 20 player.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    13. Zion Williamson
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/5...s-nikola-jokic

Not saying The Ringer is the end all to be all of ranking NBA players.....but they do have a tad more clout than peeps on a forum.
    If we use this one as the baseline, we have to put an APB out to find our 'Beloved',

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...yers-right-now

Thread Information