Pelicans Report

Page 36 of 157 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Good for the Suns and James Jones, seeing the Heat last year, and the Suns this year turning things around, the level of heat on the chair Griff is sitting in has to be turned up to high at this point. I don?t care if the coach he hires is a first year or a retread, if we don?t make the playoffs next year Griff can kiss grits somewhere else. This team simply can not miss the playoffs and he keeps his job, it would be a horrible message to the fan base.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    https://www.nba.com/news/phoenix-sun...executive-year

Again if you want to use the 5 to 10 year thing look at them. NOW LOOK AT US. ONE IS IN THE FINALS THE OTHER IS ABOUT TO LOSE ITS 3rd hall of famer in 10 years.

Need to strike gold this season.
    Accolades and media don't mean anything. Dennis Lindsey was 2nd in Exec of the year voting and had to step down in Utah. Sean marks was 3rd for being handed Harden and buyout guys I guess???? The Shamet move didn't amount to much.

The media is pretty dumb and just pretty much sees record and doesnt actually think about things so yea you'll need better arguments than bloggers.

The moves speak for themselves as I've outlined them. and definitely grade out as a mixed bag.

And David Griffin finished 2nd in 2015...
    Last edited by Pelifan; 07-02-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Accolades and media don't mean anything. Dennis Lindsey was 2nd in Exec of the year voting and had to step down in Utah. Sean marks was 3rd for being handed Harden and buyout guys I guess???? The Shamet move didn't amount to much.

The media is pretty dumb and just pretty much sees record and doesnt actually think about things so yea you'll need better arguments than bloggers.

The moves speak for themselves as I've outlined them. and definitely grade out as a mixed bag.

You are what your record says you are - Bill Parcells

One team about to lose another superstar

Another team going to the finals.

Tom Thibadeau got coach of the year

Dumb media I guess right.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-01-2021 at 07:25 PM.

We going to lose the good assistants out in the field too.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    That’s the least of their worries. The assistants they have now are decent. Well, besides the ones Stan brought. Griff is the big issue. We know that he just hired someone that clearly did not have the same philosophy as he did from the very start. That makes me really concerned about him hiring the next coach. I’m not very confident in his ability to lead this organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    That’s the least of their worries. The assistants they have now are decent. Well, besides the ones Stan brought. Griff is the big issue. We know that he just hired someone that clearly did not have the same philosophy as he did from the very start. That makes me really concerned about him hiring the next coach. I’m not very confident in his ability to lead this organization.
    From my understanding listening to reports from those who are connected, Griffin is a lot more hands off of this hire and is delegating it more. Maybe he's learned that he's not the best judge for the coaching decision?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    What about the Lakers just last season???

Edit: They mention that, as well as the Celtics in 2007, and there are probably several other examples.
    Teams that don't make the playoffs one year always don't make the Finals the next year, other than these many instances when they do.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I?ve heard people talk about trading to get SGA. Just curious, why would OKC let their future superstar go to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I?ve heard people talk about trading to get SGA. Just curious, why would OKC let their future superstar go to us?

To be bad for longer to try and get that number 1 pick

If they had have got a top 4 pick this year they probably wouldn't, but Scottie Barnes is no superstar

Though I think SGA is on his way to being a sooperstar
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-03-2021 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    To be bad for longer to try and get that number 1 pick

If they had have got a top 4 pick this year they probably wouldn't, but Scottie Barnes is no superstar

Though I think SGA is on his way to being a sooperstar
    Yeah, I have read that theory. I do not see them trading SGA unless it is for a superstar.

They would not. You tank to get a player like SGA.

That's just fans wishing real hard... OKC will more than likely hold onto SGA he's a stud.

Nah that works

We get the best player (somewhat injury prone) and off of Bledsoe

Indy gets 2 young lottery guys.

We might want a second back too

Oh Indy is giving us their 1st? Scratch that. Give em Pick 40 this year
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-05-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Not sure what the incentive is for Pacers to do that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not sure what the incentive is for Pacers to do that deal.
    I think their optimism with a new coach in would be high. Probably try to run it back

Wonder why NAW ain't getting any looks at the starting PG spot. Dude balls out when he gets minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Wonder why NAW ain't getting any looks at the starting PG spot. Dude balls out when he gets minutes.
    I think the same thing.... Dude can get to the basket no problem and ACTUALLY finish. Even though he's rather play SG I think PG is more natural to him.

Disagree. I think he’s a shooting guard who can give some minutes at the point, but his ball handling, decision making and first step are not what you want in a full time starting PG. More to the point, NAW doesn’t see himself as a true lead guard…

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Disagree. I think he’s a shooting guard who can give some minutes at the point, but his ball handling, decision making and first step are not what you want in a full time starting PG. More to the point, NAW doesn’t see himself as a true lead guard…
    Agree. He seemed to struggle with decision making at PG and had some issues against pressure bringing the ball up.

Let’s remember that NAW is young and barely has gotten minutes. Some of those bad decisions you work out as you get older and more experience. If only we had a coach that would have played him over Bledsoe lol

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Let’s remember that NAW is young and barely has gotten minutes. Some of those bad decisions you work out as you get older and more experience. If only we had a coach that would have played him over Bledsoe lol
    Possibly. But certainly has not shown yet that he is really a full time PG. Maybe that will change.

I'm not saying he's ready now by any means. I'm saying that being a PG is more fluent and natural to him with his game. Of course it'll take much seasoning to get to lead guard point. With Zo it seems more forced for him to be the lead guard as we've seen many times before. He was being decent at one point but as Hornetguru stated, it'll come with experience.

If Cleveland really wants out of 3rd pick in draft should we give them Ingram and #10 for it?
    https://sportsnaut.com/cleveland-cav...or-third-pick/
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nty-of-suitors
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-06-2021 at 11:47 AM.

If Cleveland really wants out of 3rd pick in draft should we give them Ingram and #10 for it?
    https://sportsnaut.com/cleveland-cav...or-third-pick/
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nty-of-suitors
    Lmao no. I?m not trading a young all star to move up 7 spots in the draft.

Thread Information