Pelicans Report

Page 34 of 157 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Are you attempting to defend your hilariously contradictory statement?

Surely you did it on purpose
    The fact that he thinks HE is the smart one....never ceases to amaze me
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The fact that he thinks HE is the smart one....never ceases to amaze me
    I envy him to be honest

Life must be easy when you are that clueless
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-30-2021 at 10:08 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Sometimes I’m always right.

Sometimes, the best route is to laugh along with others and move on.

Doubling down on a loser never works (except in politics).

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Sometimes, the best route is to laugh along with others and move on.

Doubling down on a loser never works (except in politics).
    NAW has always made good decisions since summer league as a rookie. He's capable. It's not contradictory to say that doesn't mean he does it each and every time down the court. That's not what the "always" is for.

I know the other two are trolling. One is obsessed with everything I post. And the aussie just seems...off. So I expect that.

But if I explained all this is the initial post, why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    NAW has always made good decisions since summer league as a rookie. He's capable. It's not contradictory to say that doesn't mean he does it each and every time down the court. That's not what the "always" is for.

I know the other two are trolling. One is obsessed with everything I post. And the aussie just seems...off. So I expect that.

But if I explained all this is the initial post, why are we here?
    You have a tenuous grasp on the English language itself and what the word always means

How does every thread get off topic lol

I always agree with luckyman, but we dont see eye to eye most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You have a tenuous grasp on the English language itself and what the word always means
    To be fair to him, what he said wasn’t meant to be taken literally. I understand why someone may double take on his post (some are intentionally looking to flame), but he meant that NAW is capable of making good decisions in the half court. Anyone looking to take a cheap shot on a message board over something so trivial is a massive tool. Not pointing at you btw. I understood what he meant when he typed it. No harm done

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Someone said trading for Lillard would be mortgaging then future once. I don’t get it. Why even have assets to throw at an elite player if the mere act of going after elite talent ruins us. I still haven’t heard a legit reason against going all in on Lillard. We might get turned down for being a West team or try and convince Lillard to stay and not make a move at all, but whatever. Do it.

Now or at the deadline.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I always agree with luckyman, but we dont see eye to eye most of the time
    It’s funny that you say this. I feel like I always see eye to eye with people in regards to the Pels, but I mostly disagree with them. What a revelation!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    How does every thread get off topic lol
    We are just all ready for a winner. That pretty much sums it up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I hear there is talk about trading Eric Bledsoe and the 10th round pick, so they can use that money to keep Lonzo and Josh. Is that a good idea? I mean they do have 4, 2nd round picks and maybe a couple of them could be good shooters. I like having good rookies but if that is better than who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Someone said trading for Lillard would be mortgaging then future once. I don?t get it. Why even have assets to throw at an elite player if the mere act of going after elite talent ruins us. I still haven?t heard a legit reason against going all in on Lillard. We might get turned down for being a West team or try and convince Lillard to stay and not make a move at all, but whatever. Do it.

Now or at the deadline.
    I'll admit it. And I'll stand by what I said in the "Yes, we should go after Dame" thread. Personally, I'd love Dame but my argument is, if we trade for him, we'd be better no doubt. Ticket sales and marketability. But we basically be another Portland. Consistent playoffs but never getting over the hump in the first or second round.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 06-30-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    I hear there is talk about trading Eric Bledsoe and the 10th round pick, so they can use that money to keep Lonzo and Josh. Is that a good idea? I mean they do have 4, 2nd round picks and maybe a couple of them could be good shooters. I like having good rookies but if that is better than who knows.
    I don’t think we would need to do that to keep Lonzo because we have his bird rights. I could be wrong but it would be a hard pass for me. This is a deep draft. If Lonzo was in this draft would you take him with the 10th pick?

I’d also like to add I’m not against keeping Lonzo, he’s improved every year and become a good shooter and it’s proven that Zion plays better with him on the court.

A lot of people say he isn’t a good defender, I disagree. He is a good defender. He had to guard the best perimeter players every week, that’s a job for a “great” defender, but if Lonzo is guarding their 2nd best perimeter player, he’s good.

Basketball Guru
    GSW: ingram
    NOP: wiggins, poole, no 7 2021, no 14 2021

this is a good deal that i would take...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post

Looks good in the long run but we would be a worse team next year, which I don’t think would fly with Zion and Gayle

A bad contract, a meh prospect and two whatever picks for a 23 y/o all star. Look I can get behind the trade Ingram crowd but that?s terrible value.

For some reason I feel like big market teams push crap packages like this and fans just eat it up for some reason. Would you trade Ingram for Kemba, Dort, 6, and 16? I sure wouldn?t.

And I think a lot more of Dort than Poole

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Someone said trading for Lillard would be mortgaging then future once. I don’t get it. Why even have assets to throw at an elite player if the mere act of going after elite talent ruins us. I still haven’t heard a legit reason against going all in on Lillard. We might get turned down for being a West team or try and convince Lillard to stay and not make a move at all, but whatever. Do it.

Now or at the deadline.
    We might... and fans may never find out. What folks think here doesn’t matter. I say do it too

I have a question for y’all, what would you give up for Towns but you can’t include Ingram or NAW

Lonzo
    NAW
    Ingram
    Zion
    KAT

Best offense in the league

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I have a question for y’all, what would you give up for Towns but you can’t include Ingram or NAW

Lonzo
    NAW
    Ingram
    Zion
    KAT

Best offense in the league
    This is the kind of stuff Lakers fans used to type with regard to AD. "What would you trade for AD, not including Ingram or Lonzo?"

If you guys want a top tier-ish player, you pay a lot. We arent getting KAT or SGA or Beal or Lillard or whoever without giving up young players you guys like. You guys gotta come to terms with that. If you dont like a player, and are willing to put him in the trade easily, then the other team probably doesnt want him. You dont get to have everything you want in life. You gotta give to get

This is the kind of stuff Lakers fans used to type with regard to AD. "What would you trade for AD, not including Ingram or Lonzo?"

If you guys want a top tier-ish player, you pay a lot. We arent getting KAT or SGA or Beal or Lillard or whoever without giving up young players you guys like. You guys gotta come to terms with that. If you dont like a player, and are willing to put him in the trade easily, then the other team probably doesnt want him. You dont get to have everything you want in life. You gotta give to get
    You asked in another thread if I’d rather give up Ingram and 3 firsts for Dame, or only 5 firsts for him. How is this any different?

Why can you ask fun hypotheticals but I can’t lol

I didnt set aside NAW too. If you take Ingra
    .off the table you need to put the young guys like NAW on. Cant keep it all and only part with a bunch of.picks - none of which.look likely to be in the lotto

Thread Information