Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 157 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Yeah.... you clearly dont understand what you just quoted

The "Year preceding the first year of the extension"

which wouldnt be next year. It would be the following year. Next year doesnt matter at all. The extension starts '23-24' so the only year that matters is '22-23

I know you dont like me and think I am a know it all. But I DO know it all regarding the CBA. Better off listening to me than trying to research yourself, being wrong and looking dumb
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah.... you clearly dont understand what you just quoted

The "Year preceding the first year of the extension"

which wouldnt be next year. It would be the following year. Next year doesnt matter at all. The extension starts '23-24' so the only year that matters is '22-23

I know you dont like me and think I am a know it all. But I DO know it all regarding the CBA. Better off listening to me than trying to research yourself, being wrong and looking dumb
    I just literally corrected it and posted this almost 20 minutes ago
    Ok so if he makes All-NBA in year 4
    Next year is year 3. Meaning year 4 is year AFTER next. Can you read or can you not read?? There is a reason I have to go out of my way to read your posts. I probably should stick to what I'm supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    And you argument only holds water if you can tell me the precise cost of a School of Steven Adams for Zion and Jaxson Hayes versus who ever you think Memphis had lecturing and the ceiling of their students.
    Doesn't seem like the school of Adams worked out all that well. The players tuned out the head coach. Many gave little to no effort on defense. We failed to make the play in. Oh, and players are believed to want out because this organization is a dysfunctional mess. If Steven Adams was primarily brought in to infuse his teammates with discipline and mental toughness through his leadership abilities, I'm not seeing much in the way of results.

And I'm still waiting on someone to list out those exact costs for Steven Adams.

Oh yeah, a sage also said we could and should have signed Aron Baynes. So there's that awesome gem as well. What else?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And I'm still waiting on someone to list out those exact costs for Steven Adams.

Oh yeah, a sage also said we could and should have signed Aron Baynes. So there's that awesome gem as well. What else?
    I am sure you know the cost, but apparently you must think he was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I am sure you know the cost, but apparently you must think he was worth it.
    I'm simply asking if you think it was an overpay, what was the overpay exactly?

I just literally corrected it and posted this almost 20 minutes ago

Next year is year 3. Meaning year 4 is year AFTER next. Can you read or can you not read?? There is a reason I have to go out of my way to read your posts. I probably should stick to what I'm supposed to do.
    So, you are admitting you are wrong when you said if he makes All NBA next year, he is 99.9999 to sign extension?

Youre welcome

For the one millionth time, the picks were an overpay - no other team would given up two seconds for him, let alone the first and Hill who also returned more 2nds. Then, the salary, which was so big that it also kept us from using the MLE and the BAE. This has all been explained a million times before. Try to keep up

The exact rules around the designated extension for ALL to see:

Ok so if he makes All-NBA in year 4, there is a 99.999999999% chance he signs his designated extension. THere is also a 99.999% chance he signs it even if he doesn't. That fact remains.

The bottom line is, he has about 5 options, and simply playing on the QO in year 4 is at the complete bottom of the totem pole. It's not going to happen. It won't for Doncic either. The point still remains.

As for Steven Adams...still waiting on the exact overpay. What I've heard so far is basically we gave up a young promising player in Kenrich Williams...whom has already been replaced by a guy whom I was told "will be forgotten about in 2 years" by a resident sage. What else?
    You're really gonna die on this hill huh?

The onus is on you to disprove that it's an overpay. Because it objectively is, money wise and asset wise

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You're really gonna die on this hill huh?

The onus is on you to disprove that it's an overpay. Because it objectively is, money wise and asset wise
    He dies on every hill. Literally always wrong. Dies but doesnt know he is dead. He is like Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense

Effectively a 1st and 4 2nds (as Hill became 2 2nds).

He dies on every hill. Literally always wrong. Dies but doesnt know he is dead. He is like Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense
    Literally always wrong? Like "he will be forgotten about in 2 years" wrong? Like "we shoulda signed Aron Baynes" wrong? Like me calling the Kira pick months ahead of time wrong?

What idiot had to harass someone else on here for taking "victory laps"? Not me because I dont need to do such idiotic things. Any other even slightly moderated site would have had you banned for that stupidity. I'm actually not wrong very much at all. You are.

Should I go on?

But you do have your rumors though. That still can't be proven with actually anything whatsoever. Which is great for you since if it doesn't happen, you can simply act like you never said it or hedge yourself that the FO "couldnt make it happen." Congrats sage of village idiots.
    Last edited by luckyman; 06-21-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Effectively a 1st and 4 2nds (as Hill became 2 2nds).
    Effectively a lottery protected 1st (a 15 - 30 in '23, or '24, or '25) and two seconds. You aren't going to trade for any legit starter without giving up some kind of 1st. What OKC could flip Hill into is their doing. Because not every team is in the same position. Diminishing returns stands in every transaction.

This team literally has four 2nds (34, 40, 43, and 53) they've got to do something with this year alone. What is the point in stock piling more and more 2nds when you have more than enough already? This team is not in the same position as OKC. They have literally SGA, a borderline all-star, and now Kemba for trade purposes. They are literally still buidling from scratch. This team is not.

So again, a lottery protected 1st and two (or four) 2nds for a player that helps you in the paint immensely is not an overpay. Especially when that player himself can be flipped on a friendly extension.

Hey but at least we aren't calling out losing Kenrich Williams anymore I see. Progress.

And the onus is on the person making the claim.
    Last edited by luckyman; 06-21-2021 at 06:53 PM.

I see you also ignore the part that the trade put the team up against the tax and prevented them from using the MLE and BAE, which is effectively like throwing two more possibly useful players in the trade.

Look, dude, if you just want to stick to your (bad) opinions, nobody is stopping you. But dont pretend like you are just trying to ask questions and learn. Because you arent. You have your opinion and it couldnt possibly change if you still dont think its a horrendous trade after this past year and as we see that numerous centers who are as good or better get far less than 2/35 this upcoming offseason.

Just stop pretending you are trying to learn and just say, "I am a stubborn man who have bad opinions and am unwilling to change them!" -- that some of us would at least respect

Effectively a lottery protected 1st (a 15 - 30 in '23, or '24, or '25) and two seconds. You aren't going to trade for any legit starter without giving up some kind of 1st. What OKC could flip Hill into is their doing. Because not every team is in the same position. Diminishing returns stands in every transaction.

This team literally has four 2nds (34, 40, 43, and 53) they've got to do something with this year alone. What is the point in stock piling more and more 2nds when you have more than enough already? This team is not in the same position as OKC. They have literally SGA, a borderline all-star, and now Kemba for trade purposes. They are literally still buidling from scratch. This team is not.

So again, a lottery protected 1st and two (or four) 2nds for a player that helps you in the paint immensely is not an overpay. Especially when that player himself can be flipped on a friendly extension.

Hey but at least we aren't calling out losing Kenrich Williams anymore I see. Progress.

And the onus is on the person making the claim.
    I take it you think Presti is the dumbest GM in the league for stockpiling 1 billion picks then

Claiming that the Adams trade was an overpay isn't a claim, it's actual fact. So the onus is on you to disprove it
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-21-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I take it you think Presti is the dumbest GM in the league for stockpiling 1 billion picks then

Claiming that the Adams trade was an overpay isn't a claim, it's actual fact. So the onus is on you to disprove it
    Indeed!!! As Mac says, it effectively closed the door on other opportunities the Pelicans had to improve. Then, I guess as part of a pre-trade promise, extending him exacerbated the whole situation. Now, to dump Adams may well require us attaching assets. It was a insanely high price to pay for virtually the same productivity a $1.7MM afterthought gave us.

I see you also ignore the part that the trade put the team up against the tax and prevented them from using the MLE and BAE, which is effectively like throwing two more possibly useful players in the trade.

Look, dude, if you just want to stick to your (bad) opinions, nobody is stopping you. But dont pretend like you are just trying to ask questions and learn. Because you arent. You have your opinion and it couldnt possibly change if you still dont think its a horrendous trade after this past year and as we see that numerous centers who are as good or better get far less than 2/35 this upcoming offseason.

Just stop pretending you are trying to learn and just say, "I am a stubborn man who have bad opinions and am unwilling to change them!" -- that some of us would at least respect
    Use the MLE and BAE for whom exactly? Another alternative you mentioned to Adams...oh yeah...Harry f'kn Giles III. Another player who possibly will be out of the league. He couldn't get minutes even when healthy, and landed lots of DNPs for a team in need of center help. You offered Baynes, Giles, plus whined about losing Kenrich, a player who was upgraded by a UDFA. A player who I had a high "opinion" of day 1 and you said would be forgotten about and I'm just a dumb optimistic fan. You listed not one single "useful" player at that time and still haven't.

Plus, again, we know Redick asked to be traded. So if the Pelicans identified more useful players they wanted on the roster at that time, they simply had the option to trade Redick. A player who was scorching hot in the bubble. They chose not to.

Yet and still, this year, they again have the full BAE, MLE, plus $4 mil in trade exception money from trading Melli. Yet this team is hamstrung from signing Adams?

You are delusional to tell me I'm wrong with bad opinions despite ALL the stupidity laid out above. You say this to a person whose "opinions" actually end up true 80% of the time don't end up as just farts in the wind.

This is enough. Thats the last time I hit "view post" for your idiocy. We're done.
    Last edited by luckyman; 06-21-2021 at 08:26 PM.

I might just be creating false memories but was part of Adams an ask by SVG since he wanted to build an inside out defense and needed a hardnosed old school center ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    I might just be creating false memories but was part of Adams an ask by SVG since he wanted to build an inside out defense and needed a hardnosed old school center ?
    Not correct. SVG had no say in it. Adams was a guy Griff wanted for a while

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Indeed!!! As Mac says, it effectively closed the door on other opportunities the Pelicans had to improve. Then, I guess as part of a pre-trade promise, extending him exacerbated the whole situation. Now, to dump Adams may well require us attaching assets. It was a insanely high price to pay for virtually the same productivity a $1.7MM afterthought gave us.
    All of which I said on the original Adams thread months ago, so dont let this fool state its hindsight if thats where he goes next. I am sick of trying to educate him. He doesnt want to learn

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    Doesn't seem like the school of Adams worked out all that well. The players tuned out the head coach. Many gave little to no effort on defense. We failed to make the play in. Oh, and players are believed to want out because this organization is a dysfunctional mess. If Steven Adams was primarily brought in to infuse his teammates with discipline and mental toughness through his leadership abilities, I'm not seeing much in the way of results.
    I would say if Jaxson becomes anywhere close to a star starting front court, I?m sleeping well at night reading the transaction like a nursery rhyme.

The neglect here is that everyone - pre trade - should have know what this deal was really about. We had Zion coming in to summer camps out of shape and Jaxson Hayes cursing out the NBA.

People are bumping old tired threads on some ?nana nana boo boo? but read any intelligent post in there. It?s littered with what Adams bring as a character.

Again...to suggest that the trade being about locker room stuff wasn?t about the picture is a question you must ask yourself if you honestly feel it was or not. If there?s any shadow of a doubt that it was indeed about bringing some type of moxy professionalism to a young core of frontcourt boys II men, then what are you arguing? You don’t know the price to that.

I would say if Jaxson becomes anywhere close to a star starting front court, I?m sleeping well at night reading the transaction like a nursery rhyme.

The neglect here is that everyone - pre trade - should have know what this deal was really about. We had Zion coming in to summer camps out of shape and Jaxson Hayes cursing out the NBA.

People are bumping old tired threads on some ?nana nana boo boo? but read any intelligent post in there. It?s littered with what Adams bring as a character.

Again...to suggest that the trade being about locker room stuff wasn?t about the picture is a question you must ask yourself if you honestly feel it was or not. If there?s any shadow of a doubt that it was indeed about bringing some type of moxy professionalism to a young core of frontcourt boys II men, then what are you arguing? You don’t know the price to that.
    So, is Adams the only good character player in the league? Only one that was available? Genuine question.

And are we the only team that knew it? Or are other teams now going to beat down our doors for this supreme skill because now his salary is lower? The offers will come rolling in any minute now!!!!

It's both the locker room and on the court. Undoubtedly Jaxson benefitted even while still not able to do all the things Adams can do. I literally took the time to list out all the ways Adams was superior to a $1.7 mil "after thought", yet some people just lose all ability to read (not you).

Yet the few alternatives these people listed out, turned out to be some of the absolute worst ideas you could name.

It's both the locker room and on the court. Undoubtedly Jaxson benefitted even while still not able to do all the things Adams can do. I literally took the time to list out all the ways Adams was superior to a $1.7 mil "after thought", yet some people just lose all ability to read (not you).

Yet the few alternatives these people listed out, turned out to be some of the absolute worst ideas you could name.
    Yep $26MM better than the "after thought", huh? Quite a bargain!!

Yeah..... I am sure the season would have played out so much worse than it did if you got someone else to play center than Adams

And even if it did, that would mean better lotto odds. Still trying to defend that trade is just insane. Literally, there is no argument to make and I am the king of playing Devils Advocate. There isnt even a C level argument for it. It blows my mind that some people are trying to make the same arguments as they were when it happened every literally everything played out like I said it would in that thread where it would hamstring us and kill our flexibility and it wouldnt provide near the on court production to match all the different layers of cost. Even Griff said in a end of season press conference that his biggest regret was being right up against the tax and killing his flexibility and he wouldnt do that if he could do it over again. Even the man who made the trade would take it back and two people on here want to still defend it!!

Thread Information