Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 157 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

I don't even know how to reply to this

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't even know how to reply to this
    Then don't

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Then don't
    I'll let you try again for real this time

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Draft someone? Not "draft Cade"? Do I read into that?

I'll let you try again for real this time
    Then don't 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Draft someone? Not "draft Cade"? Do I read into that?
    I'm taking Green 1st. His potential as a scorer is just too great. I think you can find a lot of Cunningham's skills elsewhere

I might even take Mobley second
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-19-2021 at 09:22 PM.

I'm taking Green 1st. His potential as a scorer is just too great. I think you can find a lot of Cunningham's skills elsewhere

You cant do that. If you are convinced Green is the guy, you gotta trade down and get him like Ainge did with Tatum. Cade is the consensus #1 and whoever is 2 will give you something
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Thats an awful deal. The #1 pick is worth closer to a Lillard than a CJ. You get #1 and you are talking to Boston about Brown, OKC about SGA and a pick or two, Minny about KAT. Not Portland about CJ
    Okay, I'll buy that, My point is....

I don't want to speculate on a definite maybe (see Markelle Fultz) and....

I have no desire to get younger, teach the game of basketball to a 19 year old, and have him jump teams as soon as the opportunity presents itself (there is a history)

You cant do that. If you are convinced Green is the guy, you gotta trade down and get him like Ainge did with Tatum. Cade is the consensus #1 and whoever is 2 will give you something
    Will look at trade partners after the lottery (after which this little fantasy will probably be extinguished)

The Franchise

I too love green but Cunningham is really good. I personally would trade down and grab Green. What we get should help grab most any player or at least add to the war chest. I can’t wait for the lottery then we can get a little more clarity on what we gonna do with the pick.

I couldnt imagine Griff adding another 19 yr old high volume scorer to the roster. Cade makes sense. He's the only guy in the top 20 I think we might take. If we get 1, its Cade or a monster trade. Any other pick, it is for sure getting traded

The Franchise
    Getting Cade makes Lonzo expendable but I’m taking either him or Green if I can. If it’s true about Zion or even BI not wanting to stay, then I’m going to keep building the team for the long term with young talent. If a good to great players comes available then I’ll adjust if needed but having 1 or 2 years of Beal for a top 3 pick isn’t enough when you have the young guy for potentially 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Getting Cade makes Lonzo expendable but I’m taking either him or Green if I can. If it’s true about Zion or even BI not wanting to stay, then I’m going to keep building the team for the long term with young talent. If a good to great players comes available then I’ll adjust if needed but having 1 or 2 years of Beal for a top 3 pick isn’t enough when you have the young guy for potentially 8 years.
    You wouldnt trade it for 1 to 2 years of Beal. So dont make it like thats the alternative. You would be adding another stud, younger piece, locked in or agreeing to lock in long term. SGA, KAT, Brown, etc

I couldnt imagine Griff adding another 19 yr old high volume scorer to the roster. Cade makes sense. He's the only guy in the top 20 I think we might take. If we get 1, its Cade or a monster trade. Any other pick, it is for sure getting traded
    Trade BI

Trade BI
    I am sure he will eventually. But that doesnt change the fact that Green is 19

If you could draft 24 yr old Green, Griff would

I am sure he will eventually. But that doesnt change the fact that Green is 19

If you could draft 24 yr old Green, Griff would
    It's not like he's coming out of college though. He's ready

He'll probably have a Melo like rookie season

I think there is a good debate to be had about whether Sabonis should be a target. We have already seen Griff spend assets on bigs with no return. And while Sabonis is way better, I look at these playoffs and wonder how much he really moves the needle. Now....if his outside game progresses like say Vucevic, and you have a 3 level scorer who rebounds like crazy and is the 2nd best passing big man in the game, that could have huge value.

But if the 3 point shot never gets to at least the Brook Lopez level, its a waste of assets IMO. You are really gambling on him progressing big time as a shooter
    As much as I like Sabonis, I see your point. He is 25 on a reasonable contract, but developing a 3 would be vital. If we were going for a big, KAT is where I would be targeting (although I highly doubt they would trade him).

That is the fear. If Toronto and Indy say, "Nah, we arent going to sell. We are going to go into the season and see what we are and maybe we can talk in Feb"

Does Griff make minor upgrades and wait or does he go to the next tier and start overpaying for H Barnes and Buddy? Or to Detroit and Cleveland and overpay for Grant or Nance. THAT is my fear.
    Very valid fear and something I can see him doing.

If I get pick 2-3 I'm valuing it like #1 in a normal draft but I will at least field calls. If I get pick #1 I'm sending Sam Presti to voicemail.

This idea that the Pelicans paid a high cost to acquire Steven Adams is mind boggling.

Then again, that 4-team trade had so many moving pieces, I don't think people that say that even really understand it.

Hey, Ram. You need to clear out your PM box. I can't send you any messages, because you have reached your quota.

Evan Mobley is ideal fit for us.

Green is my favorite player in the draft. He will be a Kobe/Tmac/Donovan Mitchell type scorer

KUZMA Available?

Thread Information