Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Stealing this, but I think it's realistic...

Sign and trade Ball to Clippers for Luke Kennard and a far out future first.

2021+ 3 2nds and Bledsoe for Malcolm Brogdan.

Re-sign Hart 3 years 34M

Re-sign Willy
    Vet PG
    Vet PF

2021/22 Roster

Brogdan/Lewis/Vet PG
    Kennard/NAW/Didi
    Ingram/Hart/Naji
    Zion/Vet PF/Gabriel
    Adams/Hayes/Willy

Hmmm...who did you steal that from??
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I wanted a biased view. If I said MM ppl would just knock it even though I think it's a solid free agency.

If I'm honest I think it takes more than that to get Brogdan.
    Can't see why Indiana would do it. Think it takes more.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I wanted a biased view. If I said MM ppl would just knock it even though I think it's a solid free agency.
    Haha.... I know. I should have let it play out where people liked it and then said it was mine and they bashed it.

Also, be on the lookout for similar offers for OG, FVV, or Siakam. Toronto has taken the temperature from a few teams on what they can get for some of their guys

Stealing this, but I think it's realistic...

Sign and trade Ball to Clippers for Luke Kennard and a far out future first.

2021+ 3 2nds and Bledsoe for Malcolm Brogdan.

Re-sign Hart 3 years 34M

Re-sign Willy
    Vet PG
    Vet PF

2021/22 Roster

Brogdan/Lewis/Vet PG
    Kennard/NAW/Didi
    Ingram/Hart/Naji
    Zion/Vet PF/Gabriel
    Adams/Hayes/Willy
    I can get down with this. However, I don't think we'll make a shift like this. Kennard is a poor defender(from what I've seen) but a pretty decent offensive guy. Brogdon is decent all around.... So hmmm we'll see. Still can't see Indiana doing this without at least 2FRP.

Who else gives Indy a top 10 pick for him?

Who else gives Indy a top 10 pick for him?
    That's not the argument. Why would Indy value a top 10 pick over a solid player in Brog?

That's not the argument. Why would Indy value a top 10 pick over a solid player in Brog?
    Its going to take a team seeing the landscape and saying, "lets take a step back for this year"

And no single team in and of themselves is more likely to do that than not, but somebody will. Might be Indy, might be Toronto, might be a team that gets embarrassed in the first round. I dont know who it will be but history says one or two teams will do a soft reset this offseason.

Any trade is far more likely to not happen than happen, so it isnt hard to shoot down a specific one. But the idea is to expect something like that where Griff gets aggressive with his top 10 pick and targets a good to very good player on a team who wouldnt mind doing a soft reset because they have no chance of immediately contending

I don't like Kennard, personally. Would much rather keep Lonzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I don't like Kennard, personally. Would much rather keep Lonzo.
    To be fair it was Lonzo for Kennard and a far out unprotected first in my scenario. Another way out asset for when we make the big move

To be fair it was Lonzo for Kennard and a far out unprotected first in my scenario. Another way out asset for when we make the big move
    Granted, but when that big move comes we'll need useful salary as part of the matching process. Lonzo's big contract could be great in that regard. We have like 10 first rounders in the next 5 years to barter with already.

Lonzo + NAW + filler + 3 or 4 1st from the collection of NO/MIL/LAL 1sts is a good starting point offer for another All-Star-starter level player.

Some1 posted this on realgm and most of pacers fans accepted that:

Bledsoe, 2021 1st and 2022 Lakers 1st for Brogdon.

TBH i dont see the difference between Lakers 2022 first and 3 seconds since its going to be ~25 pick in the draft.
    Im willing to do both, and i really want our offseason to start with that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Some1 posted this on realgm and most of pacers fans accepted that:

Bledsoe, 2021 1st and 2022 Lakers 1st for Brogdon.

TBH i dont see the difference between Lakers 2022 first and 3 seconds since its going to be ~25 pick in the draft.
    Im willing to do both, and i really want our offseason to start with that trade.
    Can you be sure that Lebron's body isn't starting to break down? Maybe instead of staying healthy half the year before the duo gets injured, it happens at the beginning of the year and the pick ends up being in the lottery.

I'd rather trade 4 seconds, than the Lakers next first. I hope the FO values it more than a few seconds.

I'm kind of stuck in a difficult position because on the one hand, I like Brogdon and I think he's a good player and I do think he would help this team, but on the other hand I feel like the discourse surrounding how good he actually is tends towards the hyperbolic.

He's good. Is he multiple firsts and big expirings (an attractive asset) good? Idk

Maybe he is and I'm just being conservative on it, I'm not sure. He's efficient on offense, definitely, but I would describe him as ''steady'' more than a star or a borderline-star, and I think a lot of the talk about how good he is defensively is overblown. He's fine on defense but the way some people talk about him you'd think he was an All Defense guy or something.

Perhaps you think it's more acceptable if you think that Ingram definitely is that 2nd Guy on an elite team, cause then you only have to be looking for someone who is steady, whereas if you think we're still short on that top tier talent the cost of a Brogdon stops being quite as good value?
    Basketball.

Brogdon is a smart player, a 50/40/90 threat with a good defensive reputation. He's not worth selling the farm for, but he's the kind of borderline All Star every team would love to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Brogdon is a smart player, a 50/40/90 threat with a good defensive reputation. He's not worth selling the farm for, but he's the kind of borderline All Star every team would love to have.
    That's kind of my perspective. I like him, he's definitely good, no question about that. Not trying to say he's a bad player or anything of that nature. The question is, he's a top 60 player for sure, but definitely not top 30 imo. How much am I willing to pay for that? And I'm not really sure right now. I know that, for example, rotation players + 3 Firsts would be too many (thats Jrue money and he's not Jrue in terms of impact) but that's about all I'm sure of.

Brogdon or Kispert ?
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm kind of stuck in a difficult position because on the one hand, I like Brogdon and I think he's a good player and I do think he would help this team, but on the other hand I feel like the discourse surrounding how good he actually is tends towards the hyperbolic.

He's good. Is he multiple firsts and big expirings (an attractive asset) good? Idk

Maybe he is and I'm just being conservative on it, I'm not sure. He's efficient on offense, definitely, but I would describe him as ''steady'' more than a star or a borderline-star, and I think a lot of the talk about how good he is defensively is overblown. He's fine on defense but the way some people talk about him you'd think he was an All Defense guy or something.

Perhaps you think it's more acceptable if you think that Ingram definitely is that 2nd Guy on an elite team, cause then you only have to be looking for someone who is steady, whereas if you think we're still short on that top tier talent the cost of a Brogdon stops being quite as good value?
    It doesnt have to be one or the other. If you make the deals I propose, you still have tons of picks, young players, and salaries to go get the #2 guy without giving up Brogdon, Zion, or Ingram. Again, I dont believe that 2nd guy will be available this summer. So, you go get the eventually #4 guy, improve a little bit, and then if that 2nd guy becomes available, go get him and have a true contender

Is Brogdon just the type of player we expect management to pursue or has he been speculated as an actual target? I think he is an improvement, but not really a huge difference maker. He has missed his share of games due to injury as well. The price may not be as hig as some think.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Is Brogdon just the type of player we expect management to pursue or has he been speculated as an actual target? I think he is an improvement, but not really a huge difference maker. He has missed his share of games due to injury as well. The price may not be as hig as some think.
    Well, apparently some.people think i just make it all uo any way, so whats the difference? But yes, there has been a pretty steady list from.people in the know that Griff has where he has an A group of 2-3 guys he will target and a B list of 6-10 if the A guys wont be moved. And Brogdon is on that B list.

Well, apparently some.people think i just make it all uo any way, so whats the difference? But yes, there has been a pretty steady list from.people in the know that Griff has where he has an A group of 2-3 guys he will target and a B list of 6-10 if the A guys wont be moved. And Brogdon is on that B list.
    I believe you.

Now if next season if Griff. has another bad season will he be axed? Is next season a make or break season for him?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I believe you.

Now if next season if Griff. has another bad season will he be axed? Is next season a make or break season for him?
    I dont talk to Gayle so i dont know. And even she wouldnt have a definitive answer to that question if.asked now. Intellegent people dont think that black and white

Interesting. Anyone of the A or B list that surprises you or do you think they are legitimate "A" or "B" type players?

I'll hold off until after the lottery. If we move into the top 4 that'll change how I view the off-season. But 3 moves I would like to see regardless are:
    -Trading a couple 2nds for Jarrett Culver as it seems Minnesota wants to move on despite his upside still being very high imo
    -Trade Bledsoe+Adams for Horford+2nd
    -Sign Otto Porter

Thread Information