Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Trade Ingram to Boston for Jaylen Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    A combo of Sabonis/ Brogdon for Bledsoe/Adams and 3 or 4 1st round picks would be a worthy trade.

Acquiring Barnes and/or Hield would be the type of moves bottom feeders make. Barnes is historically mediocre and Hield is basically an overpaid JJ Redick. Sadly, both are still better than Bledsoe and Adams.
    Would love Brogdan and Sabonis

Here's the main takeaway, point though.

I GUARANTEE you that Zion's 2-8 will be better than the 2-8 this past year of Luka, Trae, Lillard, Randle, Ja, Steph, and and Beal. Way better than some of them, but definitely somewhat better than all of them. So, I dont want to hear him complain if he doesnt win. Because he will have the guys, and if he is that dude that others swear he is and will be, then the Pels will win. If they dont and he wants out, then I will happily take a monster ransom for him to pair with that already solid 2-8.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Here's the main takeaway, point though.

I GUARANTEE you that Zion's 2-8 will be better than the 2-8 this past year of Luka, Trae, Lillard, Randle, Ja, Steph, and and Beal. Way better than some of them, but definitely somewhat better than all of them. So, I dont want to hear him complain if he doesnt win. Because he will have the guys, and if he is that dude that others swear he is and will be, then the Pels will win. If they dont and he wants out, then I will happily take a monster ransom for him to pair with that already solid 2-8.
    The Hawks have a very solid and deep team, so I?d be very impressed if the Pels depth is better next year than the Hawks this year.

I said 2-8.

Yes, I admit the Hawks might have a better 9 and 10, but you win with your top 8. And it will be better, plus Zion is generational - even better than Trae I thought. Especially since he can at least give you something on the other end and was supposedly improving a lot on that end of the floor at the latter part of the year

I said 2-8.

Yes, I admit the Hawks might have a better 9 and 10, but you win with your top 8. And it will be better, plus Zion is generational - even better than Trae I thought. Especially since he can at least give you something on the other end and was supposedly improving a lot on that end of the floor at the latter part of the year
    In comparison of the two teams? current rosters, I would say the Pels have the advantage at the 1 and 2 positions but are not in the same ballpark from 3-8. Zion should be allowed to carry his team in the clutch like Young has. I agree with Zion and his family that David Griffin/Van Gundy has held him back from developing that part of his game. The kid gloves need to come off.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-18-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    In comparison of the two teams? current rosters, I would say the Pels have the advantage at the 1 and 2 positions but are not in the same ballpark from 3-8. Zion should be allowed to carry his team in the clutch like Young has. I agree with Zion and his family that David Griffin/Van Gundy has held him back from developing that part of his game.
    Are you not reading what I am typing? How can you say they have an advantage at 3-8 when you dont know who the Pels 3-8 will be.

Again.... his 2-8 NEXT YEAR will be better than the Hawks this year

Are you not reading what I am typing? How can you say they have an advantage at 3-8 when you dont know who the Pels 3-8 will be.

Yes I know what you are saying. I am just adding to the discussion in comparing the rosters this year. I can’t argue against or agree with your statement about next year until I know what players you are hypothetically taking about.

The Franchise

If this is true we should be a really good team. To me a 4-5 seed but Griff has some work to do.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

ok, I'll bite..... what will be the Pelicans 2-8 next year?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Shoulda taken Maxey last year

He seems built for the big shot

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    ok, I'll bite..... what will be the Pelicans 2-8 next year?
    thats not the point. I dont know. Griff dont know. But I know the guys Griff is talking to other GMs about and there is no way the 2-8 isnt much better than a lot of other stars had and did very well with this season

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

I had him #8 on my board and the top guy left when we picked. I have no clue how he fell that far. Not a perfect player but he will give you everything hes got every night

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

He looks like Kira. I think with more playing time both will be good.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Trade Ingram to Boston for Jaylen Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My thought would be to get into a 3 way with Boston and Washington. Beal and Tatum are good friends so maybe they try to make that happen. We can jump in with the picks. Would Bledsoe and a couple fillers plus 4 first to Washington be enough to get Brown and Robert Williams. (Of course Beal to Boston). Lonzo/brown could be a good backcourt or you could still move Lonzo for other players/depth. The good is Brown is really good, cheaper, and on a longer contract.

I had him #8 on my board and the top guy left when we picked. I have no clue how he fell that far. Not a perfect player but he will give you everything hes got every night
    I thought he went at 15, but 21? Got damn

I wonder if Zion and Ingram will actually play defense now that SVG is gone

You must be very confident that Griffin can pull off a big deal for a high level player or players.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You must be very confident that Griffin can pull off a big deal for a high level player or players.
    Its more that I know he wont stop until he does. I still dont think he adds a "star" but he isnt talking to teams about Bledsoe and #10. We are talking about him willing to part with 3, 4, 5, 6 firsts this offseason if it comes to it. If say OG and Sabonis cost him Bled, Adams and 6 picks, I am confident he would actually do it.

The roster around Zion will have plenty of talent. He will have no excuses

Its more that I know he wont stop until he does. I still dont think he adds a "star" but he isnt talking to teams about Bledsoe and #10. We are talking about him willing to part with 3, 4, 5, 6 firsts this offseason if it comes to it. If say OG and Sabonis cost him Bled, Adams and 6 picks, I am confident he would actually do it.

Who is OG???

Quote Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
    Who is OG???
    OG Anunoby. He would be a great fit.

So, he is ready to empty the warchest now? My concern is that he will not stop until he does. I worry he will get desperate and overpay for good, not great, players. He has shown that if he falls in love with a player (i.e. Adams), he will overpay without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Just a fluff piece. What would they have to offer? They are not parting with Bam, so not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So, he is ready to empty the warchest now? My concern is that he will not stop until he does. I worry he will get desperate and overpay for good, not great, players. He has shown that if he falls in love with a player (i.e. Adams), he will overpay without hesitation.
    My worry too but he is not targeting one player I dislike

Id rather this approach where he pays big for real players than do the value buys he tried for Favors and Adams

Thread Information