Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 157 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Knicks may not need to give up anything. I think they have the money
    They have the space but we can threaten to match their offer unless they give us something. Maybe get a 2nd rounder or two and a TPE.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    They have the space but we can threaten to match their offer unless they give us something. Maybe get a 2nd rounder or two and a TPE.
    On the other hand, we can match, they can walk away and then what?

There is one year left on Nikola Mirotic's contract with Barcelona (approx: $10.3MM). There is a player option for two more years. He shot .533/.413/.848 last year and was the league MVP in 19-20 (the same league that produced Lika Doncic) and is only 30 years old.

Put Trajan on the next plane to Spain and tell him not to come back unless he has Mirotic in tow....make it worth his while.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    There is one year left on Nikola Mirotic's contract with Barcelona (approx: $10.3MM). There is a player option for two more years. He shot .533/.413/.848 last year and was the league MVP in 19-20 (the same league that produced Lika Doncic) and is only 30 years old.

Put Trajan on the next plane to Spain and tell him not to come back unless he has Mirotic in tow....make it worth his while.
    Doubt he will be back in the NBA. He said he went back to be close to family and raise his child there.

Griff has to make a splash, I wonder who he goes after in FA and with trades. Gonna be an interesting off season

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Griff has to make a splash, I wonder who he goes after in FA and with trades. Gonna be an interesting off season
    Do you want to know or do you want to be surprised?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I’d actually like to know, because if they don’t go through I’ll never know so hit me with it.

If one of the players if OG I’ll be very excited. Wish we could get Jaylen brown tho but probably isn’t happening. Boston always wants a ransom

In a way I want to know who we are trading for, but given his track record, I don’t want to know how much it will cost.

Griff will give you $2 for a Coke that is clearly marked $1.75.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    On the other hand, we can match, they can walk away and then what?
    Yep, it's a game of chicken. Plus we tie up their cap space while deciding whether to match or not. There's reasons for both sides to make a deal, which is why you see it happen often even when there's cap space to make an outright signing.

I'm down for spoilers right about now. I'm hella curious so please do tell

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I would bet money that we don’t get plan A or maybe even B for that matter. So, if you have intel on plans A, B, and C , then sure, let us know. It still will be a surprise who we actually get.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Something along the lines that Griff is high on Sabonis.
    Also interest in Harrison Barnes and Buddy.

A team of:

Lonzo/Bi/Zion/Barnes/Sabonis
    Lewis/Didi/NAW/Hart/Marshall
    /Hayes/Willy

Is pretty decent

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The destination matters for me in the off-season. I leave the journey for the regular season.

Lonzo at point is still eww

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Something along the lines that Griff is high on Sabonis.
    Also interest in Harrison Barnes and Buddy.
    A combo of Sabonis/ Brogdon for Bledsoe/Adams and 3 or 4 1st round picks would be a worthy trade.

Acquiring Barnes and/or Hield would be the type of moves bottom feeders make. Barnes is historically mediocre and Hield is basically an overpaid JJ Redick. Sadly, both are still better than Bledsoe and Adams.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-18-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Lonzo at point is still eww
    He wouldn’t be point guard, that’s Zion. He’d just be an off guard in essence

So if Zion is to be our PG, what do we need?

1. A post scorer/defender/rebounder
    2. A wing that can fit the 3 and defend

On the same week of the Zion drama and SVG getting whacked in a back ally Sean Payton gets married in Mexico.

Congratulations to him

He wouldn’t be point guard, that’s Zion. He’d just be an off guard in essence
    Zion can't play point, and dribble to his spots and make a move to score 100% of the time he's on court. It's too taxing

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Zion can't play point, and dribble to his spots and make a move to score 100% of the time he's on court. It's too taxing
    True, but no PG can, but the front office has stated that they view him as the future PG, probably why they want a post presence so Zion can get a break here and there and have someone run the offense thru the post

How would you feel about Billups as HC? And his friend Dumars(In some capacity?)

Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-18-2021 at 05:58 PM.

True, but no PG can, but the front office has stated that they view him as the future PG, probably why they want a post presence so Zion can get a break here and there and have someone run the offense thru the post
    yal have hit the nail on the head. last year we had 4 PG's on the roster
    kira
    bledsoe
    lonzo
    NAW

yet zion or ingram initiated most plays

not knowing where we were going to play these guys before the season started led to a cluster-fu*%ed roster void of forwards and shooters

if zion is going to play pg we dont need anyone out there under 6'5" really. cause then we get no advantage from mismatches

and to think people want to draft D. Mitchell... another PG!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    How would you feel about Billups as HC? And his friend Dumars(In some capacity?)

Billups was my first choice last year and he is again this year. He will probably go elsewhere though

Thread Information