Pelicans Report

Page 156 of 157 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 152 153 154 155 156 157 LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    He left. He predicted all of this on his last pod and tried to convince folks to stop watching sports in general.

He ranted pretty heavy on Zion and his camp which is pretty therapeutic right now lol
    Yeah. I'm not gonna comment on the first part cause that sounds patently ridiculous, but as for the second, again it doesn't look good but I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until theirs's an injury update from Griff. As difficult as it can be I'm not just going to rely on confirmation bias when information is largely absent from the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The truth is something really fishy is going on. You can tell based on local media members (listen the most recent episode of Pro Pels Talk and McNamara final podcast episode) I feel a news story is going to drop any day now with something major and ********ty.
    I don't know what was said on these podcasts or who those people are, but one of our assistants at Alabama has a lot of Pelicans information and he has told people that Zion has been completely separate from he team this whole training camp. Barely talks to any of his teammates, didn't travel to some of the road games, isn't in film sessions at all. And this guy always keeps it 100 - not a drama seeker. He says all the Pets players know Zion wont be playing to start the season, but everyone protects him out of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    I don't know what was said on these podcasts or who those people are, but one of our assistants at Alabama has a lot of Pelicans information and he has told people that Zion has been completely separate from he team this whole training camp. Barely talks to any of his teammates, didn't travel to some of the road games, isn't in film sessions at all. And this guy always keeps it 100 - not a drama seeker. He says all the Pets players know Zion wont be playing to start the season, but everyone protects him out of fear.
    There is literal video, on the Pelicans website, of Zion in training camp and in practices working out and talking to coaches and teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    There is literal video, on the Pelicans website, of Zion in training camp and in practices working out and talking to coaches and teammates.
    I am happy to get you a definition of the word barely if you can not google it yourself. But I have seen your interactions with others here the two weeks I have been glancing at this message board, and I am sure none of that would matter. You seem convinced this kid is great and all the smoke about him is made up by people with agendas, so its a waste of time. But for the other people on this board with an open mind, I personally trust this guy. And you have no track record with him or me, so I don't expect that level of trust. But if your local media is any good, you will hear similar things soon. That has been my experience with info this guy has given.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And then there?s this cryptic as hell tweet:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Link, because I can't find anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And then there?s this cryptic as hell tweet:

I don't think it's cryptic at all. Shamit's made it pretty clear lately that Zion and his family aren't committing to the team/city like they should. Whether that's true or not is another story, but under that context it's pretty transparent what he's talking about.

I just don't know how much of the opinions formed are based on the information out there, or the actual dearth of concrete information out there. Either way it's exhausting, but something that's intriguing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    I don't think it's cryptic at all. Shamit's made it pretty clear lately that Zion and his family aren't committing to the team/city like they should. Whether that's true or not is another story, but under that context it's pretty transparent what he's talking about.
    Don't trust much of what Shamit posts. He seems like a spurned girlfriend since it came out that the info he was relying on from Christian Clark was bogus. I think much of the bloggers were embarrassed to find out they were fed bad info.

I just don't know how much of the opinions formed are based on the information out there, or the actual dearth of concrete information out there. Either way it's exhausting, but something that's intriguing to me.
    Again, just coming from one coach that is tight with a few people inside the organization, but his exact words to our group was "Zion has not been in film sessions, most meetings, and has skipped shootarounds and even some mandatory conditioning sessions. He was cleared to go to some road games that he chose not to attend, and he is barely talking to anyone inside the organization, including teammates. They all know he wont be playing to start the season, but everybody is afraid to say something because Zions group is super sensitive to him being shown in any kind of bad light"

And this coach has ALWAYS been dead on with Alabama football and basketball stuff in the past in our group chat. No reason I could see he makes some stuff up about Zion. But I know fans wont want to believe it. Just don't shoot the messenger lol!

Again, just coming from one coach that is tight with a few people inside the organization, but his exact words to our group was "Zion has not been in film sessions, most meetings, and has skipped shootarounds and even some mandatory conditioning sessions. He was cleared to go to some road games that he chose not to attend, and he is barely talking to anyone inside the organization, including teammates. They all know he wont be playing to start the season, but everybody is afraid to say something because Zions group is super sensitive to him being shown in any kind of bad light"

And this coach has ALWAYS been dead on with Alabama football and basketball stuff in the past in our group chat. No reason I could see he makes some stuff up about Zion. But I know fans wont want to believe it. Just don't shoot the messenger lol!
    I mean I could definitely see it, I'm not denying that. But all I care about ultimately is wins, and as long as he plays within the first week of the season, I'm gucci lol

Franchise is cursed.

I will say that the last part about everybody being afraid to say something doesn't make much sense. Media members and coaches, sure. Teamates? nahhhhhhh, that's a hard swallow. In fact, I'm surprised there hasn't been anything leaked to the public about Zion that hasn't been connected to other players. He doesn't seem tight with anyone there (maybe NAW?) IMO but no one's had any problems with him to my knowledge.

I mean I could definitely see it, I'm not denying that. But all I care about ultimately is wins, and as long as he plays within the first week of the season, I'm gucci lol
    welp, lmao. this is fine, everthing's fine

What bother me the most was that it wasn't just Griff lying... It was point blank Zion too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    What bother me the most was that it wasn't just Griff lying... It was point blank Zion too.
    yeah, that's another major red flag right there. I'm starting to look at bro a little different now

Zion and maybe his family didn't want to get the blame and passed it on to griff so he takes the brunt of the blame for not letting everyone know in advance....

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Zion and maybe his family didn't want to get the blame and passed it on to griff so he takes the brunt of the blame for not letting everyone know in advance....
    They both lied to sell tickets. This ain't right. I was almost a sucker to drop $1000 on their word. I can handle losing just fine, but to con me. I want Griff gone. Too much lying and underhanded tactics.

You go for being ready game one to reevaluating in two weeks and no timetable to return is unacceptable.

MF, I would have probably gotten tickets anyway, because I’m heading in for the Chapelle/Rogan concert the night prior to the Kings game, but this sucks. Well, they did say two weeks, maybe they’ll reevaluate then and say he’s had a miraculous recovery. I mean, it’s possible right?

https://twitter.com/cclark_13/status...33709356634114

Eman, Griff has gone full snake oil salesman...

I am happy to get you a definition of the word barely if you can not google it yourself. But I have seen your interactions with others here the two weeks I have been glancing at this message board, and I am sure none of that would matter. You seem convinced this kid is great and all the smoke about him is made up by people with agendas, so its a waste of time. But for the other people on this board with an open mind, I personally trust this guy. And you have no track record with him or me, so I don't expect that level of trust. But if your local media is any good, you will hear similar things soon. That has been my experience with info this guy has given.
    You said, and I quote...

but one of our assistants at Alabama has a lot of Pelicans information and he has told people that Zion has been completely separate from he team this whole training camp.
    I said nah, there is video of him literally in the thick of it with coaches and teammates right on camera. Barely doesn't even apply. So sue me if I don't participate in the wild stuff people love to post on here.

As for me thinking Zion is a golden boy, maybe you need to pay closer attention. I already said I am prepared for him to miss the first 5 games or so. Meaning I did not believe he'd be ready to start the season. So I didn't believe neither he nor Griff on that one. This type thing isn't new in sports. It happens all the time. I also have criticized his on court play for his severe lack of defensive effort.

Pay better attention.

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1ypJdERYZpVxW?s=20

You got Antonio Daniels mixing it up on twitter.

He's in 3rd quarter mood too

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1ypJdERYZpVxW?s=20

You got Antonio Daniels mixing it up on twitter.

He's in 3rd quarter mood too
    WOW

Green has to really find a way to coach w/o Zion and BI and Jonas is gonna have to step up early and through out.

I like Trey Murphy alot and if Zion does leave, I think we have a great leader in him. It's just we have to wait another 2 or 3 years maybe to see him get that much better.

Thread Information