Pelicans Report

Page 155 of 157 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Very well written article

Hey guys - Herb Jones fan here, and have been looking for a favorite NBA team for a while. I think I found one in the Pelicans. Don't know your team that well. Is he going to play a lot right away? Play at all? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Hey guys - Herb Jones fan here, and have been looking for a favorite NBA team for a while. I think I found one in the Pelicans. Don't know your team that well. Is he going to play a lot right away? Play at all? Thanks!
    A lot? Probably not. But he has the opportunity to get some minutes. Our guard situation isn't a strength on this team, and Herb has been impressing in summer league and pre-season. If he can develop an outside shot, I think he has the makings of a decent NBA player.

ETA: I would add, Willie Green is a defensive guy, and Herb's strength is his defense. So that by itself should tell you that the Coach is going to give him a chance.

Awesome - thanks so much!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. Anyone honestly think Zion plays the first game, btw?

That would be the most surprising thing of all if Griffin was being truthful about that.

If you like pain and suffering you picked the right team.

A lot? Not sure about that, but I think he'll get minutes - Willie Green (the coach) has said that he's happy to go deep into the bench at times, so I wouldn't be surprised if Herb gets run earlier than expected. I feel like a few hundred minutes across the year is a reasonable expectation, somewhere between 500 and 700? That works out at the region of playing something like 10-12 minutes a game in 45-55 games, ish, which I think is a fair view.
    Basketball.

Meanwhile, Westbrook has been really bad in pre-season for the Lakers. Obviously pre-season is pre-season and he hasn't played much with Lebron who is a big thing for their team and so on, but there's no hiding this.

2 games so far, a total of 39 minutes, and he has produced:

Game 1: 17 minutes played, 2pts, 7rbds, 4asts, with 6 turnovers on 1/7 shooting. No FTs drawn.
    Game 2: 26 minutes played, 8pts, 2rbds, 5asts, with 9 turnovers on 3/12 shooting. No FTs drawn.

So thus far, for the Lakers in pre-season, Westbrook is averaging 10pts, 4.5rbds, 4.5asts per game with 7.5TOs and shooting 21% from the floor.

He's just a horrible fit there

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I remember the Heat and early installment LeBron Lakers didn’t start out so well either in preseason. They’ll probably figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I remember the Heat and early installment LeBron Lakers didn’t start out so well either in preseason. They’ll probably figure it out.
    Early installment Lebron Lakers missed the playoffs.

Not saying they won't pull it together - preseason is just preseason, after all, and Westbrook has barely seen the court with Lebron, but I think it's fair to call a spade and spade and acknowledge that Westbrook's fit there thus far looks about as rough as many people said it would be.

Have really only watched closely this preseason but to me this team has A LOT of complimentary players. Like, almost too many. I know Zion and Ingram will come back and that will help the complimentary guys but then you will have like 3-4 legit NBA players getting DNPs. This team feels like it needs to trade 3 guys for 1 more self creator to really do some damage

Self creators are the most sought after guys in the NBA

It's probably important to note that, with regards the Temple extension and Sato acquisition, and even with the particulars of the Hart contract, it does look like there's some intention to move off those guys, potentially using them as means to acquire a single better player at some point. That would help solidify the 'core' guys and cut out some of what looks like surplus here.

That said, never underestimate the value of having actual NBA players on the roster down low. We're the Pelicans, we have had years where we've had a really solid top 5 and then just nothing after that and the result is never the best.

It really sucks that jax got hurt, would have been nice to see more of him after the positive remarks from within the organization about him.

Russ is one of those players that need a certain lineup to maximize his talents and hide his weaknesses. This Lakers team doesn't have many of those players on it's roster.

Another game for Russ on the Lakers - this time with Lebron also playing.

His best preseason game yet for them, which is not saying much.

10pts, 10rbds, 6asts on 3/9 shooting (1/3 from 3) alongside 5 turnovers and 3 fouls, in 28 minutes.

This Zion injury bs got me a little heated.

Did they knew that Zion had little to no chance to being ready week one and just lied to us because of financial reasons? I'm glad I wasn't a sucker to buy tickets at the beginning of the season.

I almost did.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This Zion injury bs got me a little heated.

Did they knew that Zion had little to no chance to being ready week one and just lied to us because of financial reasons? I'm glad I wasn't a sucker to buy tickets at the beginning of the season.

I almost did.
    It doesn't look good but I'm gonna just wait till Griff announces what's up (weird that he has to but whatever). The lack of transparency, from all parties involved (Zion's camp, the Pels), is definitely beginning to get really frustrating though.

where's Mac btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    It doesn't look good but I'm gonna just wait till Griff announces what's up (weird that he has to but whatever). The lack of transparency, from all parties involved (Zion's camp, the Pels), is definitely beginning to get really frustrating though.
    Like I'm big mad to be honest.

Certain broken foot injuries take 4-6 months. I know because I do a lot of Ortho. Fracture anything but your metatarsals. 4 months. Why not tell the truth? I almost wasted a G to get some good ****** tickets to see bum ****** Garrett Temple and us lose by 10+.

They said it was a Jones fracture, but it's way past the recovery time from the supposed surgery that happened way back in the summer.

No more... I ain't ever buying tickets in advance ever again. I'm okay with losing, but I'm paying weeks in advance to see Zion. Then, you want pull the rug out from under me with some bs... Haven't gotten scans. He hasn't gotten scans because they know it ain't healed.

WTF... Go con someone else. I'm only buying same day tickets for now on...All I want is honesty from this organization...
    Last edited by Taker597; 10-13-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Very well written article
    Fake news. Gossip bruh

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    where's Mac btw?
    He left. He predicted all of this on his last pod and tried to convince folks to stop watching sports in general.

He ranted pretty heavy on Zion and his camp which is pretty therapeutic right now lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Like I'm big mad to be honest.

Certain broken foot injuries take 4-6 months. I know because I do a lot of Ortho. Fracture anything but your metatarsals. 4 months. Why not tell the truth? I almost wasted a G to get some good ****** tickets to see bum ****** Garrett Temple and us lose by 10+.

They said it was a Jones fracture, but it's way past the recovery time from the supposed surgery that happened way back in the summer.

No more... I ain't ever buying tickets in advance ever again. I'm okay with losing, but I'm paying weeks in advance to see Zion. Then, you want pull the rug out from under me with some bs... Haven't gotten scans. He hasn't gotten scans because they know it ain't healed.

WTF... Go con someone else. I'm only buying same day tickets for now on...All I want is honesty from this organization...
    The truth is something really fishy is going on. You can tell based on local media members (listen the most recent episode of Pro Pels Talk and McNamara final podcast episode) I feel a news story is going to drop any day now with something major and ********ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The truth is something really fishy is going on. You can tell based on local media members (listen the most recent episode of Pro Pels Talk and McNamara final podcast episode) I feel a news story is going to drop any day now with something major and ********ty.
    Gonna turn out that Zion did a Paul George and snapped his entire leg in two or something

Thread Information